It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii is probably not legally part of the US so Obama may not be US Citizen?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Xeven

We should give Alaska back to the Native Americans!

...glad I was born in America. I'll happily accept my state from the bastards in DC.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Hawaii's statehood wouldn't matter. Obama's mother was an American citizen (herself born in Kansas). He acquired his citizenship from his mother at birth regardless.

Hypothetically, it would matter because the law, at the time, said this:

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock
A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.

Link

Stanley Ann Dunham was only 18 when Obama was born. So, she would have been too young to pass on citizenship IF Hawaii was not a legitimate state. Not that I am saying it isn't, but I do think the Kingdom of Hawaii has a very good complaint -- Hawaii was illegally annexed in violation of an international treaty -- and there is room for debate.

Of course, we aren't 'allowed' to debate any of this. Before it was because 'it's racist,' now it's because 'it doesn't matter anymore.'

edit on 30-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Not that I am Racist, I am not. I have many friends of all colors, and consider them just as good as Persons/Friends as any other color but I don't think Hawaii has anything to do with any of this. Unless I am seeing this totally wrong there is this:

He wasn't even born in Hawaii. Keyna claims Him as birthed THERE, so why has He even been able to keep His W.H. seat all these years? Or does noone else but Me thinks He should not have even been seated here in the first place?!

He admits to as much as being Born in Keyna!
Vid has low volume so Ya might want to turn it up...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Dumb.

Guess I'm not an American.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Good thing you caught this so early into his Presidency.

I try to stay on top of things and informed.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I'm not going to speculate that Obama was born anywhere other than Hawaii, although I am aware there were some reports he was born in Kenya that predated his 2008 campaign.

ETA: Also, I believe the video you posted was edited and the context shows he did not mean what it sounds like he's saying, IIRC.

I was referring more to this: Link to 2004 story

His birth place was/is legitimately confusing and suspicious. I don't fault anyone for speculating or being skeptical. I am just not willing to speculate. As far as I am concerned, he was born in Hawaii.
edit on 30-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Obama born in Kenya is fake news, give it a rest. nobody cares now. the only thing 64,000,000 million Americans care about is the damage that is going to be caused by Trump, oh, not to the top 10%, but the bottom 90%

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In the words of the Great Hildabeast herself, "What difference does it make?"

His Presidency is nearly over. Even if it was proven without a shadow of a doubt to be true, and Obama was illegally acting as President for 8 years, what impact would that have?

I mean 8 years worth of his administration can't be undone instantly. International relations can't be rolled back to 2008 overnight, etc.
edit on -060012pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
In the words of the Great Hildabeast herself, "What difference does it make?"

His Presidency is nearly over. Even if it was proven without a shadow of a doubt to be true, and Obama was illegally acting as President for 8 years, what impact would that have?

None. But since the subject has been so taboo, over the last eight years...can we please talk about it someday? I just think the topic is interesting and enlightening in many ways.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Sure i'd be all for it, seems like a legitimately interesting topic.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He's certainly not the first black President. He's only half black. The first black President will have two black parents.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hawaii is probably not legally part of the US:

It is, you're wrong
/thread

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Lived on Maui and Oahu from 1981-2000

They are so disorganized on who the rightful heir is to the throne, several native activist groups quarrel with each other and tote around a person or two they claim has birthright to the crown.

Problem is, Hawaiian monarchy was incestuous(openly so) and as a result have no direct heirs to Liliuokalani or her brother the king.

I'm Chickasaw Native, Hawaiian natives need to stop bickering about secession first and go for tribal sovereignty, THEN work on reinstating a monarchy. Build up a legal precedence where the US would hand out tribal lands and probably reparations. The admission of guilt on paper can go a lot further here than can just pouting and demanding all US offices leave en mass.

But that's none of my business, I'm just a dumb haole.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Or England back to the Saxons. Or Germany back to the Germanic tribes. ...and on and on and on.

History can not be rewritten, it can only be learned from.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: katfish

Quite a grenade you just lobbed!
Interesting, but when the President was born, it was considered a state.

As fr giving it back, there is a long history of that battle. And an active sovreignity movement on Hawaii.

Considered =/= Factually was

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I did not realize Americans stole the Islands from its rightful Royal Government.

America...stole a lot of stuff. Don't expect any of it to be given back.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Trump is our next President and you're still worrying about Obama?

lol.

Common man. Stop beating the dead horse.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Xeven
Ok I'm not a birthed but I did not realize Americans stole the Islands from its rightful Royal Government.

We should really give it back to the Hawaiian people.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Oh yeah, this Hawaiian Royalty fights been going on for generations.
Hawaii was a legal state when Obama was born.

He's safe.

Barack Obama is the biggest birther on this planet. I bet he has had a good laugh at your expense. Sheep follow the herd and believe what ever they are told. Those who do serious research are heckled and harassed by those who havnt reesearched and only bear knowlege that is false. They are proud of the false knowlege too. They wear it like a badge. Their hearts are filled with hatred toward those who would dare to go against the official lie. The official lie is important to the Progressive religion. The worship in this progressive religion is immense! A massive web of deciet, hatres, corruption, and lies. All packaged up daintilly with smiles, winks, and pats on the backs.

God help us!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

We should give Alaska and Manhattan back to the Native Americans and California and Texas back to Mexico too!

Texas would rightfully become an independent nation as well. America didn't take it from Mexico, it was a separate nation. California could argue to go back to a republic as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Right on! The only kind of "Diversity " they don't want is intellectual diversity.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join