It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Bases, Cattle Mutilations and Craft Described 1970's to 1980.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Apologies if someone else has picked up on this before but something I've recently noticed in regards to the above. As is well known within the UFO question, there have been a wide array of craft/phenomenon reported in our skies over the years, a lot of the time the descriptions given are very similar with no apparent, obvious reason, which to me just adds to the credibility of the reports.

Nuclear AFB's 1970's.

A well known flap occurred over U.S. nuclear bases during the 1970's, Malmstrom, Falconbridge, Loring, Plattsburgh, as well as others and some which may never be known (due to government secrecy), all reported strange incidents usually over restricted and sensitive areas. For the most part, radar returns were picked up, strange hovering and moving lights with no noise were described, and in some instances, craft were reported such as at Loring, where the object was described as "the size of a 2 and half ton truck", "oblong shaped" and with a "reddish tint". Some bases even put helicopter crews on stand by, however to my knowledge none made contact. A telling statement from 1 pilot who covered the Montana area goes:

People were reporting a craft at low level that they thought was a helicopter. They were reporting that the craft had strobe lights on it, like disco lights. Well, the weather was so bad when the report came in that it would have been impossible to fly a helicopter, with the icing and so forth. This made it kind of strange. We could not fly due to very bad weather conditions, but this craft had no trouble flying in this weather.

If anyone has knowledge of any craft descriptions from the nuclear AFB's flap of the 1970's then please feel free to add to this thread

RAF Bentwaters/Rendlesham Forest 1980.

Now this subject has extensively been discussed here on ATS, so there's plenty information on it. More specifically, I'd like to focus on the actual craft description:

Also of note, the craft apparently stood on tripod legs, evidently left at the scene, in words it was described as:

Triangular in shape. The top portion is producing mainly white light, which encompasses most of the upper section of the craft. A small amount of white light peers out the bottom. At the left side center is a bluish light, and on the other side, red. The lights seem to be molded as part of the exterior of the structure, smooth, slowly fading into the rest of the outside of the structure, gradually molding into the fabric of the craft.”

Cattle Mutilations 1970's.

Around the same time as the flap over U.S. nuclear bases, there was also the strange tales of cattle mutilations occurring. There isn't much in the way of craft descriptions, in the main witnesses have described silent moving lights, similarly like the nuclear base incidents, like helicopters. However, of actual craft sightings, there are some images like the one below, drawn by a rancher:

Also, there was some physical evidence left:

Tripod legs?

Now in regards to the actual images of the craft, I appreciate that some people may disagree but given how different people can describe the same events totally differently, there isn't a million miles in difference between the craft at Rendlesham and the craft described by the rancher. Could it be that this craft is of the same design albeit being described differently by different people?

Jumping far out here, but if you're a believer, then which race of aliens do you think this craft belongs to? And if you're a skeptic, then what would say is being described here? Or even do you think, the whole lot is just being made up?

Golfech Nuclear Power Plant 2014.

And just to throw in an extra twist, in 2014 this craft was described flying over a nuclear power plant in France:

www....(nolink)/ufos-spotted-nuclear-plants-france-belgium/31709

I would suggest that what we have here is different witness perceptions to possibly a similarly designed craft.

And a nod to some sources: The UFO Cover-Up by Lawrence Fawcett & Barry J. Greenwood and A Strange Harvest by Linda Moulton Howe.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

A worthy thread for the topic. Long removed from most of younger minds is that back in the mid-1960s one of the UFO investigation orgs published a pictorial display (which is still around) that illustrated from eye-witness accounts over 60 various shapes of UFOs.

Several conclusions can be drawn from the accounts. First, UFOs don't exist. Therefore, whatever was witnessed, if even that was the case, it was not an alien craft. It follows then that anything actually witnessed was domestic or some natural phenomena. However, if some of the various configurations in the display represented true alien craft, then the ETs have used a wide variety of different models and styles.

From that perspective we must wonder if not just one set of ETs are visiting us, but perhaps multiples? The striking differences between the craft on the display can be expected on several points. Each type being designed for their uniquely different operators. Each type would be the result of the materials from the home planet and, probably by our standards, of a very ancient age.

The fact that the operational capabilities of most if not all of these craft are very similar is a clue to their all using the same basic concept to sidestep gravity and mass as reported of typical UFOs. That evidence of a unique mode of transportation solidifies the concept that other beings can travel, within the galaxy, at least, and are here.

We can rationalize further that these visitors, while being from different places, probably have a relationship or at least a common interest in us. Given that historical document and records clearly show that UFO sightings dramatically escalated after the "atomic age" was drastically introduced, there is little wonder why they have come.

The question for us to be asking is what are they going to do, or are doing, about our foolhardy play with nuclear weapons and dicey nuclear power plants?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

The question for us to be asking is what are they going to do, or are doing, about our foolhardy play with nuclear weapons and dicey nuclear power plants?

Maybe nothing, after all they've probably been monitoring our nuclear progression for at least 70 years. As with this subject there will always be more questions, is this interest for their own safety, is it for the safety of the planet, or could it just be a purely scientific interest?

Additionally, if there are different races, we could probably expect the reasoning of each to be different also.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nicely presented thread my friend. Duly starred and flagged for starting an interesting discussion. Even if you don't like part of what I am about to say!

I have not looked into great detail into UFO reports over nuclear bases from the 1970s. Although the Hudson Valley flap a decade later includes a story about a UFO over Indian Point Nuclear Power Station in New York State during the summer of 1984. All roads appear to lead back to writer Phil Imbrogno as the source of the story of this incident and he was later discredited after fabricating his academic and military qualifications.

As for the Rendlesham craft. I am very much erring towards the fact that the only person who describe such a craft, Jim Penniston, is totally unreliable as a witness. Now that might be because he is an outright liar who keeps adding bits to the story as the years go by or it might be more sinister than that and he's been meddled with. But his story keeps falling apart under scrutiny.

But before anyone calls up the landing site and the marks in the ground and the plaster casts.

Here is one of the plaster casts (nearly as big as Colonel Halts' head!)

Here is one of the landing markings photographed on December 26th 1980. Around 7 hours after the incident.

I can also throw heavy doubt on how Penniston made his plaster casts. But this thread isn't all about Rendlesham. So let's leave it all there.There's already a number of threads all about it. But I suspect something else other than ET was at work in the Suffolk forest that night and the 2 that followed.

As for cattle mutilation I have deep suspicion that much of it is a clandestine project to test for dangerous prions and radiation in the cattle herds of North America. There is evidence to back that theory up. There are also no reports of cattle mutilation in India. A nation with the largest bovine population in the world.

Now all of that doesn't mean that something isn't going on of course. It's sifting through all the chaff that is the most frustrating part.

edit on 30/11/16 by mirageman because: clarification

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Here we go mate, don't know if the base was nuclear but it's at least described as 'sensitive'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The object described in the official documents sounds very strange indeed and there are also reports of cattle mutilations (burned circles in fields with dead cows in the centre).

Cheers

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Nicely presented thread my friend. Duly starred and flagged for starting an interesting discussion. Even if you don't like part of what I am about to say!

Thanx mate, and not at all, I appreciate all expression of opinion, even from skeptics, I've been expecting you

I think holes could be picked on every UFO story ever aired publicly, but as you say it still doesn't mean that something isn't going on, such is the nature of the subject, it is equally frustrating as it is fascinating.

What irks me is the deliberate suppression of UFO stories, the majority of the nuclear base incidents for example would probably never have been known about had it not be for F.O.I. requests. And certainly the scale, both in bases affected and number of witnesses, both military and civilian from the areas at the time, certainly indicate that something isn't right.

I always liked the saying and I paraphrase, if there's nothing to UFO's, then why all the secrecy?

a reply to: karl 12

Here we go mate, don't know if the base was nuclear but it's at least described as 'sensitive'.

If it was secret, then maybe it was, hence the interest from the unidentified visitors

edit on -216002016-12-01T04:08:30-06:000000003031201630122016Thu, 01 Dec 2016 04:08:30 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It just shows that we were being visited in the 70s and 80s, when you really research the truth it all comes out that the reports of high strangeness occurred during these years. I have heard when researching this, too many credible people who have seen outstanding things. I have met and experienced to much strange phenomena to deny that there is more to our understanding of this reality than we think. So what this means, is that were visited during this time, the fact that aliens interfered with our nukes or beamed up our cattle, do not have anything to do with each other, besides the fact that during this time in history, the planet earth was undergoing a visitation.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFOdanger
It just shows that we were being visited in the 70s and 80s, when you really research the truth it all comes out that the reports of high strangeness occurred during these years.

It's still going on mate (whatever it is) look to all the reports coming out of the Spanish speaking countries.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

“U.S. covers up UFO landing at NATO base, says book”

Article

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Nicely presented thread my friend. Duly starred and flagged for starting an interesting discussion. Even if you don't like part of what I am about to say! ...

There are also no reports of cattle mutilation in India. A nation with the largest bovine population in the world.

Now all of that doesn't mean that something isn't going on of course. It's sifting through all the chaff that is the most frustrating part.

Not True!
Here is a photo of a mutilated cow in India (you know, where Moo's are revered). It is very graphic, so I did not show it (didn't want to melt any snowflakes).
Linkypoo: www.indiamike.com...
And India Mikes website; www.indiamike.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFOdanger

It just shows that we were being visited in the 70s and 80s, when you really research the truth it all comes out that the reports of high strangeness occurred during these years.......

You can go way back before the 1970s and 80s. Forgetting cave painting and middle age art, which is wildly open to interpretation, there were the 'Scareship' flaps of the late 1800s and early 20th century, foo fighters in WII, ghost rockets, flying saucer flaps, contact stories and all sorts other weird reports long before the 1970s.

I am not sure it proves we were being 'visited' but I think it show something was and has been going on for a long time.

edit on 4/12/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Haha. Good find. Although how do I know that is nothing more than a decaying carcass being picked off by predators?

Anyway it's not really worth us arguing over this one. The cattle mutilation phenomenon is something that is most prevalent in the USA. Although there are reports elsewhere of course. Maybe the same 'people' checking out the nuclear bases/reactors then go and check on the cattle to see how much radiation has been spilling out?

Maybe one solution does not fit here?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'd sure like to see the photo that hung on Nick Popes old office, see if it matches the photos of the Disk shaped object hovering over Chicagos Ohare airport.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
I'd sure like to see the photo that hung on Nick Popes old office, see if it matches the photos of the Disk shaped object hovering over Chicagos Ohare airport.

This is the only known 'genuine' photo to exist of the UFO over O'Hare airport.

And this is a (who knows how many generations) photocopy of Nick Pope's famous disappearing photo from the MoD files released a good few years ago.

Although the photos were taken some 15 years or so apart on either sides of the Atlantic.
Who knows what either were that day? Even Nick Pope doesn't appear to.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

You can go way back before the 1970s and 80s. Forgetting cave painting and middle age art, which is wildly open to interpretation, there were the 'Scareship' flaps of the late 1800s and early 20th century, foo fighters in WII, ghost rockets, flying saucer flaps, contact stories and all sorts other weird reports long before the 1970s.

I am not sure it proves we were being 'visited' but I think it show something was and has been going on for a long time.

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if the aliens made us in the beginning.

But when there was a real chance that you could have aliens walk into your bedroom at night, that was 50s through 90s, peaking in the 80s.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You have tried to piece together some rather disjointed cases, not so sure about the mutilations, but the nuclear connection is really strong for UFO sightings imo.

www.ufohastings.com... has done quite a bit of research in this area if you want to take a look.

One of the best cases that has a nuclear connection was covered by Karl12 if you want to check it out, Minot AFB B-52 sighting

All points to visitation imo, but to each his own.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

You have tried to piece together some rather disjointed cases, not so sure about the mutilations, but the nuclear connection is really strong for UFO sightings imo.

I would advise you to look more closely at the cattle mutilations and nuclear base incidents in the U.S.(or even world-wide), for there are more similarities than what I posted here.

All points to visitation imo, but to each his own.

If you accept the ETH, then most definitely, however it's the reasons behind the visitations that are interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

My theory: I think the cattle 'mutilations' are a US government program to monitor radioisotopes from former nuclear weapons tests and spills.

So it's actually environmental monitoring for our own good.

It's clandestine because the word 'radioactive' would make them liable for zillions from panicked ranchers who would suddenly (without proof) demand massive compensation for otherwise unprofitable herds at an economically convenient time.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

If you accept the ETH, then most definitely, however it's the reasons behind the visitations that are interesting.

no doubt...

Speculation is all over the board(curiousity, genetic experiments, warn us, guide us) and perhaps they have had different reasons year to year, who really knows.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The Nick pope photo is for sure not E.T.

it looks like the thing that was reported in a forest on a US nuclear base.

also not E.T

It is a simi known fact that the US/UK does allot of secret and top secret testing in the UK, and it's funny how Pope's boss at the direction of someone else removed said photo from his office.

if it wasn't a secret US project why remove it?

i wonder how much the photographers/new paper were paid for the photos and negatives

bet it was allot

top topics

join