It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We now date six people at once, study claims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I tend to make it a rule...

IF that other person is seeing others... they're not seeing me

Nothing wrong with that! There are plenty of others on your page with that same rule

Said people are just holding out for something better

What's wrong with that?? lol..

Isn't the point of dating usually to find 'the one' that you want to be committed to? Are we not all holding out for something 'better' before we decide to become monogamous with a particular person? Some date multiple people, instead of one, in an effort to find 'the one'.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

The issue being many people in this age get quite sexually active even on the first date...

Good way to catch something that isn't a date

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Said people are just holding out for something better... and i refuse to be an option for anyone

But have you considered that each of those relationships can be meaningful with no expiration date? "Something better" might happen, even in a monogamous relationship, which is infinitely worse than if it happened in a situation where it didn't diminish your relationship.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

True

but IF one is already looking for something better at the start.... its probably not right to begin with

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Abysha

True

but IF one is already looking for something better at the start.... its probably not right to begin with

I guess "better" is a strange concept for me when it comes to people. People are compatible for different reasons. No one person will ever be the best fit for everything so there will always be a compromise. Some people are okay with that but many aren't.

Between my partners, I have all of my emotional and physical needs met and none of them are in "competition" nor am I always looking for "something better". A lot of people do relationships like this and it can be far more wholesome than what you are probably imagining.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am dating you all at this very moment.

make your knees touch your elbows

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Good way to catch something that isn't a date

The best way to do that is to not practice safe sex. That falls on both people. You're making it sound like this falls on one side. Wear protection if you don't know their 'bill of health' with certainty.

Would you agree we are usually dating in order to find the person we want to be in a committed relationship with?

I think that's the case. I think that's the case regardless of whether you date 1 person at a time, or are going on dates with more than 1 person.

So no I don't see an issue at all. Not with people that are only willing to date 1 v 1, nor with people that date 6. It's all about communication. Express what is and isn't okay for you up front to make sure they're on the same page.

Ultimately, the only issue I see here is one of poor communication.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Ultimately, the only issue I see here is one of poor communication.

That could arguably be the end of the thread right there.

Agree 100%

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

make your knees touch your elbows

Don't have to ask me twice.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

How long has this been going on?! If it started today, I don't put out on the first date.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Don't think I could ever handle 6 at one time, as I have problems working on two let alone one!

It is a sad product of today's society - When I had my first true girlfriend, I showed up at her front door dressed up, with a dozen roses (and, that was when I discovered that you're not supposed to show up with that color of rose till you are married). We went to see a movie, had dinner, and I dropped her off.

Fast forward to a couple years ago: We broke up, and I entered back into the dating scene. Or rather, the "you can text me all you want but I don't ever want to meet you in person, I might be a friend" generation. People seem to want to take their time, and at the same time, not waste their time going out on a date. It might be weird, but I actually don't mind taking a pretty girl out to get some food and do something with; even if it never brings a relationship to fruit.

Here's what I will do on occasion: If I have two different people interested, I will try to go out with each of them at least once...if I can clearly detect that one of them is thrilled, then they get all of my attention, and I let the other person know. Ghosting is stupid, and speaks a lot about the other person; I prefer to warn others that I'll keep my interests open unless someone show's signs of being attracted.

-foss

top topics

<< 1   >>

join