It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye bye $15/hr min wage Fast Food jobs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Next up...McDonald's way of telling $15/hr min wage strikers to eat a [SNIP]

A friend of mine just took and posted these on FB from a McD's in TN.

I have to laugh at the irony. While the workers were striking the big corporate food chains were out smarting them. Now what? Sure those $15/hr food jobs will still be there, but not many....

I will be interested to see how many of these go in and how many chains pick it up. Pretty brilliant if you ask me. Likely going to cause a lot of pain for the current, or soon to be not current work force in the industry.

At least if you get your order wrong, now you'll only have yourself to blame!
edit on 11/29/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: We expect civilty and decorum on the boards.
edit on 11/29/2016 by eriktheawful because: Removed vulgar term that was filter bypassed.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Long overdue actually.

Soon Truckers will be out of jobs too.

edit on 29-11-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Next up...McDonald's way of telling $15/hr min wage strikers to eat a D!CK!

So that's what that strange 'meat' is they've been serving for years. LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This isn't about the minimum wage this automation will be effecting 75% of jobs in the next 20 years.
What do you do btw I'm sure you will be jumping for joy when a robot takes your job.
Remember the Luddites.
edit on 29-11-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

So will computer programmers now that machines are teaching themselves to learn.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

My plant just bought a new machine thats going to out produce 3 of the legacy extruders.

It takes 2 operators to run it but it eliminates multiple machine positions which means that they won't require as many techs or mechanics and less management.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You can still blame the cook for making it wrong. Not that I'd ever go to a McDonald's, but you know.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The rolled these out in most of the McD's in my city. They are actually really well developed, and I enjoyed using it. Its too bad the people making the order still found a way to make a mistake.

When selecting Happy meal, it asks for boy or girl. I asked one boy one girl, saw it on the screen, it even printed out on the receipt. Still got two super girls. They fixed it of course, but its like "and this is what they want me to pay $15/hr for??"

Maybe we can get some Atlas robots in there in ten years, and they will know how to read as well??

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Tech is only getting cheaper and a few programmers making decent wages is better than 15+ employees making 15 an hour unfortunately.

The times, they is a changing!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Good.

Maybe this will force entry level skill workers to up their game if they want to support a family.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yes, it will happen all over. It's just a matter of when. Every dollar the minimum wage goes up just makes the inevitable happen more quickly. And it will happen for some very high-paying jobs as well, including attorneys and even doctors. AI can write better wills and diagnose diseases more accurately. No job is exempt.

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Good.

Maybe this will force entry level skill workers to up their game if they want to support a family.

They'll just whine that they can't get a job so someone else has to support them. The only thing they know how to do is make babies. This is not a good thing overall.
edit on 11/29/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Was with my dad last month and we needed something quick to eat, so went to McD's in Edinburgh, well what did i see, these touch screen computer ordering things (same as in your OP), was like WTF is happening thinking is this for real.

These will soon be in nearly every store in the next few years...Then future down the line it'll be just like the programme, Humans.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I for one am ready to stop supporting them.

I do not care how cold or how many ever -ist words that makes me.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

I don't want human robots I want them to look like robots or it will get weird....with robot voices also.
Mind you could be swayed with the Anita robot.
edit on 29-11-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I've brought this up several times.

We need to decide how society is going to function once we reach the post-occupational point.

Because it's coming sooner than many realize.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You mean they literally won't be able to find a job.

Small minded are we?

link   
If I saw this, I would ask to the see the manager. Tell the manager I will never eat at your restaurant until you remove these machines, ask if the store owner is there or for store owners email/telephone and tell the store owner the same thing.

We CAN change these things. Look at this last election.

If we do nothing this will be our future.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I've brought this up several times.

We need to decide how society is going to function once we reach the post-occupational point.

Because it's coming sooner than many realize.

Already here.

Why do think there's so much angst and poverty?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
If I saw this, I would ask to the see the manager. Tell the manager I will never eat at your restaurant until you remove these machines, ask if the store owner is there or for store owners email/telephone and tell the store owner the same thing.

We CAN change these things. Look at this last election.

If we do nothing this will be our future.

Why would you do that?

These jobs sucks let's just end the forced labor paradigm.

Eventually culture and economy has to evolve past the 1916 fractional reserve system of economy. Why are we trying to pretend its 1916 still?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Next up...McDonald's way of telling $15/hr min wage strikers to eat a Hillary voter

A friend of mine just took and posted these on FB from a McD's in TN.

I have to laugh at the irony. While the workers were striking the big corporate food chains were out smarting them. Now what? Sure those $15/hr food jobs will still be there, but not many....

I will be interested to see how many of these go in and how many chains pick it up. Pretty brilliant if you ask me. Likely going to cause a lot of pain for the current, or soon to be not current work force in the industry.

At least if you get your order wrong, now you'll only have yourself to blame!

I love those machines. They actually make it more pleasant to select, place, and pay for an order. Less jostling with crowds, shouting over the counter, mixed-up orders, etc. Tap the screen, pay, wait for ticket number to be called, collect and walk out. Awesome.

In fact, I would say you get significantly better service from a machine than you get from any of the counter staff.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join