It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory evacuations in Gatlinburg,TN due to fires

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Fires have forced evacuations in Gatlinburg and surrounding areas. This seems to have turned deadly very quickly. Firefighters are going door to door trying to get people out of cabins and homes.
WBIR.com

This is very scary and moving very fast. My prayers are with everyone in that area. This is a VERY heavy tourist area.
Knoxville News

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Here is a live stream that I found on YouTube. This stream is talking like rain may be moving into the area now to assist the firefighters.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

it looks like they took the highway to hell. Good luck to them, at least it will warm things up.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
It would scare the bajebus out of me to drive down that road. Especially knowing that there is nothing but dry forest surrounding them. I hope the rain hurries and moves in to help with the fires.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Omg I hope no one gets hurt.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

I messaged Chirp...she is about an hour or so away I think. Fire is so dangerous and it has been so very dry.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

My Prayers are with those who need it. This isn't good.

Thanks for posting this for us Martin75!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I found another live stream

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Tenn Emergency Management Agency reporting 30 structures on fire including a 16 story hotel. Fire is on the edge of Dollywood complex.

Wow, Hoping everyone gets out safe. Not looking good for that area
twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thank you for the update. This could financially ruin this area.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Very scary. I wonder if it's really just wind related or arson like so many others in the region? Prayers for Gatlinburg, especially members in the area.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Screw the lack of MSM reporting on this, they show their colors once again...

here's a twitter hash tag to get updates along with the links earlier in this thread...
twitter.com...

And here's a link to a tweet from a couple of minutes ago:

twitter.com...

Please pray for the folks...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Thank you for the links. I live pretty close and there is nothing here on the news, it's horrible.

Sorry I've got to get to bed (that 5am alarm comes early) so I won't be able to post any more updates.

Here is some video of the hotel

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is crazy. I grew up about 5 hours from there and went on vacation there more times than I can count as a kid and I never remember hearing about any fires like this.
edit on 28-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Word is from a friend who lives close (the fires were 3 miles from their place) that some rain has moved into the area and has cleared a bit of the smoke, and is slowing the spread. Continue to pray for rain for them up there though.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The GM of Ripley's Aquarium was just on the air via phone and OMG he sounded really worried; Arrowmont School of Crafts and Arts across the street is on fire; Wedding Chapel is engulfed; back side of Dollywood is threatened
Live news feed

There was just a small blip on our local Chatlotte news but WxBrad has been retweeting pics etc-that's how I found out about it.

I was just up there this spring -luv this area and it's absolutely heartbreaking to see this happening

Prayers for all.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wow, looks like the Smoky Mountains are living up to their name. That's a hell of a freakin' fire. Hopefully the rain moving it stamps it out, or at least helps get it under control.

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Screw the lack of MSM reporting on this, they show their colors once again...

here's a twitter hash tag to get updates along with the links earlier in this thread...
twitter.com...

And here's a link to a tweet from a couple of minutes ago:

twitter.com...

Please pray for the folks...

Lol, wut? Lack of coverage? It ain't being covered enough yet? Even the Daily Fail has their mitts on this one and they're UK.
Google it, it's not hard.
edit on 11/29/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
How horrible! My prayers for all the people out there!

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I live in downtown Gatlinburg. The smoke was thick all day, but my God it got worse so fast. We got out of there and are currently in Cosby.

The news coverage just isn't being specific enough. Over and over "30 structures are on fire" but not say which ones. The Gatlinburg Tattoo Company is the one we're most concerned with. It doesn't look good at all.

There was a point when one of our vehicles ran out of gas with the flames right up to the roadside. I'm so grateful we got out of there when we did.

Haha! Just got the update: the shop is o.k.! That is incredible luck. I can't believe it.

MKinnys, Rainbow, Travellers, NAPA, and many more are gone confirmed.
edit on AMq000000amTuesday00000011320 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

There was no reporting of the Louisiana flooding earlier this year either, the worst disaster since Sandy.

It seems real news doesn't matter anymore, if it isn't on the left or right coast....or plane crashes. They seem to like those.

No MSM front page reporting as of 5:00am on either CNN, FOX or MSNBC.

Meanwhile, poor communication...evacuation routes changing...It sounds like a real nightmare.

Check this terrifying video out:

I'm not sure how accurate this description is, but it sounds completely devastating.

Link.
edit on 29-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join