It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not answered Teenager's letter to White house became a Major National security Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

In education it is well known that any human adult reflects in his or her personality and character crucial aspects related with events that happened before to reach 8 years old and even really unpleasant or stressful situations occurred on the adolescence.

To be able to trace back origin of problems in traumatic experiences of childhood is an art in psychology and it is not an easy one, since also it is very well known that victory in life has thousands of parents but defeat it is always orphan.

A Latin American boy teenager wrote a compelling letter to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on November 6th of 1940. It is clear that he enthusiastically mind the letter and did a good job in to make his case, expressing it with deep feelings, respect and even love or admiration.

He only wanted to receive a little souvenir from the White house, something that of course was not impossible to be satisfied by the office of the President, however, apparently the letter was filed but probably it was never disclosed to the President or if so never considered really important.

The boy never received any response from the white house and we can imagine how much disappointed this kid surely became.

Nevertheless, In the long run this boy grew up and developed a unique relationship with America that today is already History.

The letter images were shared by the archives of the White house when it was found accidentally just few years ago.

Here is a transcript of the letter, ( with the original spelling mistakes)

Santiago de Cuba Nov 6 1940

Mr Franklin Roosvelt,
President of the United States.

My good friend Roosevelt I don't know very English, but I know as much as write to you. I like to hear the radio, and I am very happy, because I heard in it, that you will be President for a new (periodo).

I am twelve years old. I am a boy but I think very much but I do not think that I am writing to the President of the United States.

If you like, give me a ten dollars bill green american, in the letter, because never, I have not seen a ten dollars bill green american and I would like to have one of them.

My address is:

Sr Fidel Castro
Colegio de Dolores
Santiago de Cuba
Oriente Cuba

I don't know very English but I know very much Spanish and I suppose you don't know very Spanish but you know very English because you are American but I am not American.

(Thank you very much)

Good by. Your friend, [Signed]

Fidel Castro

P.D. If you want iron to make your (sheaps) ships I will show to you the bigest (minas) of iron of the land. They are in Mayari Oriente Cuba.

Please check:

www.lettersofnote.com...

As you can see the name of the adolescent boy was Fidel Castro-Ruz, who in 1959 made a revolution in Cuba against the USA and in 1962 triggered the crisis of soviet missiles, the worst moment of all the Cold war, one that almost send the world to WWIII.

He became along more than 55 years a real nightmare for about 11 Presidents of the United States that never again dared to ignore him.

It is impressive to see how something that could be fixed with just a kind brief letter to a kid and a ten dollar bill became a terrible headache that lasted decades across two centuries.

There are many modern studies that have showed that the border between Love and Hatred is thinner than what usually we think.

Please check:

www.independent.co.uk...

University London College, Dr Semi Zeki. Scientists studying the physical nature of hate have found that some of the nervous circuits in the brain responsible for it are the same as those that are used during the feeling of romantic love – although love and hate appear to be polar opposites.

"Like love, it is often seemingly irrational and can lead individual to heroic and evil deeds.

The thread is opened to all of you that are aware of how hurting can be to disappoint or ignore a Kid's desire or destroy his dream.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 11/28/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What beautiful penmanship for an eight year old....possibly someone who learnt Spencerian Script, an style of script writing used as standard in America from around 1850-1925.

Many continued to learn it in education and business, and many, like myself, still study and practice the method today.

It may not be, but it has very similar charactertistics.

A talented young lad.

An interesting letter indeed, thanks for sharing.

CX.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow, he really held a grudge didn't he?

When you are a child and you hit a set back, we are encouraged to look at it as character building, and I really believe it is.

However, I am certain it takes more than one incident such as this, to turn you into a brutal dictator, with a social conscience.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

It is impressive to see how something that could be fixed with just a kind brief letter to a kid and a ten dollar bill became a terrible headache that lasted decades across two centuries.

He sends a letter to the president, lying about his age, asking him for what amounts to something like $200 because "he wants to see it"?

All this tells me is that Fidel was a scoundrel as a kid. Creative and opportunistic, but a scoundrel.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Well Dear DupontDeux,

One, if is in the role of public functionary and receive a letter like that from a child must understand that it deserves a response, it is really well written for a foreigner one.

We can be all the judgemental we can be in other circumstances but in that moment Fidel was a boy with good education, anybody that lived on that time knew that Colegio de Dolores at Santiago was a respectable private school.

His English was pretty understanbable, also with just a little investigation they could find that he was the son of a wealthy business man of Santiago, and so he didn't have really need to be soliciting, his motivation does not look to be the money.

After that time he studied College and graduate from the Jesuit University of La Havana, with a degree in Law.

I think it is highly probable he was really curious for the USA currency, something that may have been satisfied by sending him a catalog or magazine with the images of recent emisions of the time.

Think on that please, we are not judging the adult, just analyzing the adolescent.

There is something the biographers has trouble to explain: How a young man with the most unlike vita to be a Leftist Revolutionary suddenly became the most famous of History?

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 11/29/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Dear Readers,

I want to add that I don't know any response given to that letter, everytime I have tried to track it, I was found digging in a limbo.

Apparently it was never replied, not taken seriously for what the archives can say to us.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 11/29/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
10 bucks was a LOT of money back then. Geez.. already with his hand out, demanding money.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Well Dear Advantage,

We must analyze the letter of Fidel being a child in the historical context in which it was written, there is no way to judge his act without considering what was the mentality in Cuba among the adults and that could be influencing also the Children.

It is clear for the own content of the letter that Fidel had good access to the news, he mentioned on it the recent reelection of FDR happened in 1940, so also the work of journalist was impacting his young mind.

At the time the letter was written Cuba was being penetrating by the organized crime of the United States, the corruption was spreading from the areas of gambling, prostitution and narco traffic controlled by those mafias.

Brothels flourished. A major industry grew up around them; government officials received bribes, policemen collected protection money. Prostitutes could be seen standing in doorways, strolling the streets, or leaning from windows. One report estimated that 11,500 of them worked their trade in Havana. Beyond the outskirts of the capital, beyond the slot machines, was one of the poorest, and most beautiful countries in the Western world.
— David Detzer, American journalist, after visiting Havana in the 1950s

Please check:
en.wikipedia.org...

That same pattern of expansion of the Italian American mafia to other third world countries happened in 1930s to the coast of China, in 1940s in Cuba, in 1950s still in Cuba but also to Dominicana and Venezuela , in 1960s to Vietnam, in 1970s to Afghanistan and Iran, in 1980s to Brazil and Morocco, in 1990s to Colombia and Bahamas, then in 2000s to Argentina, and once more to Mexico and Venezuela in the 2010s.

The Havana Conference convened on December 20, 1946.[1] Delegates were present representing New York City, New Jersey, Buffalo, Chicago, New Orleans and Florida, with the largest delegation of bosses from the New York-New Jersey area. Several major bosses from the Jewish Syndicate were at the conference to discuss joint La Cosa Nostra-Jewish Syndicate business. According to conference rules, the Jewish delegates could not vote on Cosa Nostra rules or policies; however, the Jewish crime bosses were allowed input on any joint business ventures, such as the Flamingo Hotel.

Luciano opened the Havana Conference by discussing a topic that would greatly affect his authority within the American Mafia; the position of "capo di tutti capi" or "boss of all bosses". The last official boss of all bosses had been Salvatore Maranzano, who was murdered in September 1931. By the end of 1931, Luciano had eliminated this top position and re-organized the Italian mafia into "La Cosa Nostra", or "This Thing of Ours". A board of directors, commonly called the "Commission", had been formed to oversee criminal activities, control rules, and set policies. La Cosa Nostra thus became the top criminal organization within the National Crime Syndicate.

Please check:
en.wikipedia.org...

At the beginning of 1959 United States companies owned about 40 percent of the Cuban sugar lands—almost all the cattle ranches—90 percent of the mines and mineral concessions—80 percent of the utilities—practically all the oil industry—and supplied two-thirds of Cuba's imports.

— John F. Kennedy.

Please check:
www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

We have seen the same model replicated along other examples in Latin America, every time that the mafia that control the distribution of drugs in America, that contrary with what Mr Donald Trump claim is not foreigner but a national crime organization, needs to enhance or decrease the cost of the supply of illicit substances they move important part of their operations to a Latin American country destroying absolutely its normal style of life, bringing terrible corruption, either in private and public sectors, horrendous violence, creating other parallel organizations with people of the underworld of those countries and triggering inflation that bothers the life of the people not involved in their businesses.

I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country's policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear.

— U.S. President John F. Kennedy, to Jean Daniel, October 24, 1963.

Only when something really huge occur, like the Vietnam war, the Revolution in Iran, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan or the Cuban revolution is that the tentacles of the organized crime that can easily suffocate the life of an entire small nation become cut.

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 12/6/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

top topics

join