It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Sources Do You Trust?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

You're lumping in True Pundit and Infowars with Washington Examiner and Drudge even though they've got absolutely nothing to do with one another except an appeal to conservatives.

- Washington Examiner was a print publication until 2013. It's owned by billionaire Philip Anschutz.

- Drudge is a news aggregator.

- Infowars is a platform for the delusional rantings of Alex Jones and PJW's intense desire for a clash of civilizations he hopes to bring out about with fabricated news.

- True Pundit is part news aggregator, part creator of hoax articles, run by some unknown entity.

My advice is to look for multiple original sources and evalute what you read. Hold sources accountable. Familiarize yourself with various journalists. Remember those who have given you bad info. Consider the nature of that bad information: was it careless misinformation, deliberate disinformation, partisan spin, etc?
edit on 2016-11-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

For exquisite articulation!

To be completely honest, I only trust when I read something that deep down inside, almost like someone there is confirming that the story is true from within.

It's more of the message to me than who may be trying to steer me wrong with a script/ dance puppet dance.

It's mostly not until after the damage is done that a friend would bother to say they are sorry for lying, and more often than that they don't even bother apologizing for it, when they're called into question... those who are not my friends.

We feel it when we know our best friend is lying, but we are friends so we tolerate it?
We feel it when we are being lied to. That's why we seek other sources?

I give ats the highest rank possible...I 've grown and evolved well in my spiritual journey.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I, like many here, try to do my own research on any topic. Hard to believe any news/opinion from one source.

I do, however, have a new tool at my disposal. I look to see what CNN and NBC are saying and then can cross that off the list of possibilities.
edit on 28-11-2016 by bluesjr because: two f's in off

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There has been a lot of debate in technical circles about this very topic. DO you surrender to the non flexible rules offered up in a closed distro? Or do you want more control, but higher risk? In my opinion open sores are just to risky. Infection, puss, just not my bag.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Muckrock. Everything they publish is based off of FOIA requests.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Only government approved news source.

ABCNNBCBS is the only trusted source for me!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

None. Question everything

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Sources? None. Not one. I'd suggest we all look at who owns or controls the sites even you mentioned in your O.P./Thread subject here. Then go look at who THEY are connected with. Many will be surprised.

The older you get, you'll realize read everything, trust no one, compare opinions and analysis...then make your own assessment from a cross-sections of all the info. Go forward knowing all of it could still be ulterior motive- designed "sourcing", and completely wrong and misleading.

Show us one...just one...completely accurate and truthful, 100% correct "source". And NO...not the Bible, Koran, Torah or Baghaveda...or the Necronomicon...or CNN, WIKI-ANYTHING or INFO WARS...it's all slanted.

"Go forth with suspicion and the wisdom to be so."- Author Mysterioustranger

edit on 28-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

Good question.
I do not trust/believe any single sources.
If many disparate sources (credible ones lacking personal agendas) point in the same direction, I will tentatively accept that 'news'.
Tentatively.
I will not even 'believe' my own thoughts, much less some media/entertainment/capitalist 'report'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join