It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are men and women the same at the start of dating?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
a reply to: Profusion

I hear you brother! Just want you to be able to get everything you want! Men should RISE EACHOTHER UP..

How old are you if you dont mind me asking?

I enjoyed your input. I mind you asking.

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
True beauty comes from within .
Pretty faces often hide evil hearts .

If you are male and match that criteria lots of women will be only to happy to date/be objectified by you/sleep with you.

You've got this down cold.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Game brother, chicks really dig jerks.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

i mind you asking

YES BROTHER!

Thats the assertiveness women need!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

It doesn't work on the Internet. I started a thread once asking what makes someone come across as creepy on the Internet. The top answer in my opinion was aggression. I believe aggression and over-assertiveness usually come across as creepy on the Internet. That's why I don't go anywhere near those things online. Real life is a completely different story.

a reply to: CulturalResilience

If you watch the video in the original post, I think it's clear that the women would have generally fallen for the male model basically regardless of his personality.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
a reply to: AMNicks

It doesn't work on the Internet. I started a thread once asking what makes someone come across as creepy on the Internet. The top answer in my opinion was aggression. I believe aggression and over-assertiveness usually come across as creepy on the Internet. That's why I don't go anywhere near those things online. Real life is a completely different story.

a reply to: CulturalResilience

If you watch the video in the original post, I think it's clear that the women would have generally fallen for the male model basically regardless of his personality.

I think I may have already said this in this thread or maybe another one. Women are very good at rationalisation and a woman that is heavily attracted to man will rationalise almost anything.
edit on 28-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If your findings are true, explain Hillary Clinton?

her nose to lips doesnt have much space between them. But she is ugly as sin. Excuse my french, but she's not exactly the popularity Queen of the World. She doesnt even come close, please explain that one.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyButterfly

She's 69 years old. I think she was really beautiful in the 1970s.

1970s Hillary Clinton Had The Wardrobe Of Your Dreams

Why did you bring that up? I don't see the relation between that point and this thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think both men and women are trying to look better at the beginning, it is natural. I have some online dating experience (thanks to Tinder and Asiandate mostly), and all the girls I ever met are not just the same in 2-3 weeks after our conversations.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well.... I think it is true when talking about the beginning of dating. You don't know the person deeply so you rely on superficial appearences. I have fallen in love with men who were not especially attractive physically- but there's the keyword- LOVE. In those cases, I was friends with them first, they were part of my entourage, I knew them inside and fell in love with that.

But also, consciously or no, we tend to equate certain physical characteristics with personality characteristics. Men with a protruding brow over their eyes give me the impression they are possessive, a bit materialistic, and stubborn. I like that. I like that they will protect what's theirs (their family...), and I can put in my two cents without being afraid they'll just be a total pushover and change their mind to please me (instead of really spending time to think over my logic).

My life experience has shown me these correlate. I don't why, but it seems to be so.

On a similar note, I have a very square jaw, which speaks volumes about me own obstinate nature- I persevere on my chosen path without wavering. The muscles in my jaw are highly developed because I clench them in my driven attitudes. They developed that way because of my personality. A guy that likes women of that sort might feel drawn to my face, without even knowing why. Subconsciously I think they recognize that muscle development and what it means.

On the other hand, our subconscious sometimes desires characteristics in a mate that our conscious mind doesn't acknowledge... so we end up why oh why do I keep ending up with people with this characteristic ?????
It's not pure hazard.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The women are not picking these attractive men (with bad traits) to have a serious relationship with.
These women are picking men for sex - not for dating and further marriage. There has been an experiment where it has been shown that women will take an unattractive, safe man for a husband and when ovulating will be at a club and pick up men to have sex with who are attractive and strong to produce a strong and attractive offspring. It is not consciously done - it is nature - even birds do it.

One explanation is the "good gene" theory; females might want to pair up with a guy who will be a good provider, but if she can also mate with the guy with the brightest feathers, the longest tail, the biggest horns—and get away with it—she'll go for the good genes, too.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 19-12-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just met a girl for five days and we talked every night then she just blocked me without letting me know anything.

This is bull crap. I could tell you all why she did it but it's a waste of time.

She will not tell me anything because she knows that the reason why she blocked me is because she has a big fat EGO and I am innocent and completely undeserving of being blocked.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join