It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000’s Of Veterans Protest Removal Of American Flag

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Veterans protest flag removal at Hampshire CollegeThe college's president did not attend the demonstration

Amherst, Mass. (WWLP) – At least one thousand veterans gathered in Amherst this afternoon to protest the removal of the American flag at Hampshire College. 22news spoke to protesters about why they strongly disagreed with the college’s decision.

Freedom is not free. That’s the lesson that hundreds of veterans, their families and friends and other local residents hoped to teach students at Hampshire College Sunday afternoon.

Jerry Maguire, Veteran said, “They took down my flag, they have a right to that, I’m here to defend their right to do that but I want them to understand how bad that hurts me.”

Hundreds gathered to show their support

1,000’s Of Veterans Protest Removal Of American Flag

It's a shameful thing what they're doing here. These guys gave their lives for the flag they carried to bring the People of their own Country Freedoms they otherwise, may never have had.

These College Kids have no idea what these guys gave in order to give them what they've got now.

Truly, these are sad times.
edit on 28-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
No one cares what veterans think except for 2 days out of the year and during election cycles.

They will be ignored as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Frankly, not even then. It's shameful.

It's one thing to oppose the wars and conflicts we engage in, but to disrespect our veterans is just sickening.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

You get used to it.

If we do what people want us to do then we're brainwashed killers. If we don't do what people want us to do then we're brainwashed killers.

I stopped giving a # because everyone has an agenda and no one minds using a veteran for their agenda, until it isn't convenient anymore.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

They have every right to get mad.
It starts here then next minute you can't display a flag outside your house.....never give an inch because it will soon be a mile.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Yeah I hear ya man

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

They have every right to get mad.
It starts here then next minute you can't display a flag outside your house.....never give an inch because it will soon be a mile.

That's it right there. It's disheartening watching these older Vets going through this crap, it's just wrong. The amount of disrespect they're being shown nowadays is disturbing. If people from say 100 yrs ago came back, they'd be horrified to see the state of the Country right now.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This painting, right here. Just one of many wars. I get this, but most dont.

Gets a tear everytime.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks for adding that

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The US flag is a symbol of the best in all of us. It sets ideals that we strive for. Yes, we fall short.

The goal of living a life free of a tyrannical government, limited in power, and elected officials abiding by the same laws was what made the USA great.

www.usflag.org...

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

The Preamble of the Constitution

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

If you reject these ideals, what the hell do you stand for?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There is an effort in our schools and throughout some segments of the political leadership to destroy all things once considered American.

The destruction of the economy with trade policies and give aways, the Constitution, and any semblance of civil liberties if you are on a government hate list. The proliferation of a police state through use of false flag events and the invasion of America with the insane globalist open border policies. I think it is past time for all the veterans to say no more... Which IMO we have done with the election of Trump... If he does not carry through with most of his campaign promises then ... All of us and the country... seriously screwed...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
The US flag is a symbol of the best in all of us. It sets ideals that we strive for. Yes, we fall short.

The goal of living a life free of a tyrannical government, limited in power, and elected officials abiding by the same laws was what made the USA great.

www.usflag.org...

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

The Preamble of the Constitution

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

If you reject these ideals, what the hell do you stand for?

You said that perfectly really thanks for that

Also something some may not know is that the US Flag is in a constant state of war, here let me post it explains this better than i would. So, from what i know is that most people inc. gov buildings, are hanging the flag wrong and in a state of 'war' not peace. So here we go.

Flag Etiquette

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
There is an effort in our schools and throughout some segments of the political leadership to destroy all things once considered American.

The destruction of the economy with trade policies and give aways, the Constitution, and any semblance of civil liberties if you are on a government hate list. The proliferation of a police state through use of false flag events and the invasion of America with the insane globalist open border policies. I think it is past time for all the veterans to say no more... Which IMO we have done with the election of Trump... If he does not carry through with most of his campaign promises then ... All of us and the country... seriously screwed...

See this is what i'd be questioning. Why are they pushing this so hard? Makes you go WTF?. Seriously, when my 6th sense gets turned on, there's no turning it off. That gut feeling inside is trying to say something, Red Flag is one word off the top of my head.
edit on 28-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This is what I was looking for.

This explains it well.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

This stuff infuriates me. My grandfather fought in the Vietnam war. I know the negative effects it had and what he gave up to fight for AMERICA! Them taking down the american flag is a disgrace and they should be ashamed of themselves. I don't even read or watch videos about burning flags either because it's just as bad in my opinion. I'm sorry that these fine veterans have to go protest this bs in the first place.
for the veterans.
for the school and students taking/burning flags.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

How about not lumping EVERYONE, EVERY American, into the term "no one". If but ONE person...I care. And it's pathetic what these sniveling little rose petals are doing...I just bet their parents are ever so proud of them! In fact, I'd love to hear about it from a few of those parents, especially the ones paying out of pocket for the education those veterans helped insure was even there for them to be able to get in the first place. They helped to pay for their education in ways other than currency....

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Jerry Maguire, Veteran said, “They took down my flag, they have a right to that, I’m here to defend their right to do that but I want them to understand how bad that hurts me.”

This bloke is my new hero

I normally cant stand any aggressive form of patriotism, by that I mean outward showing, but this guy hit the nail on the head.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Don't tell me. Call your representatives and chew their ears off over it.

It's not my fault that this crap is the way it is.

Congress has an 11 % approval rating, but most of those people are in there because people keep reelecting them.

Basically we play the game too, and I suppose we must be ok with it since we opt to keep it going another round every chance we get.

I'm out here with veterans and coaching guys fresh out like me, helping dudes who need it. Veterans from my generation of service in war.

Meanwhile the VA is what it is. Congress is still congress.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wait.. they are still fighting for "freedom" since 1776?

What freedom is there to be made now, if all that freedom gets shot from the sky and into other countries?

I'll never understand (U)nwanted [double] (S)tandards of America.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Hell No! I Won't Go!, to Western Massachusetts.

What a private college on the other side of the country does or doesn't do as a response to students jerking the flag around as a way of making a political statement has nothing to do with me. Not my business.
edit on 28-11-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join