It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foiled arms deal. Anti aircraft ammunition and M4 rifles. Destination Azerbaijan Iraq and Sudan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Call me cynical you may, but I think I know where this lot was probably going to end up.

Two men are facing federal charges they tried to do a $1 million deal in Broward County that would have illegally sent anti-aircraft ammunition to Iraq and Sudan.

Henri Shushan, 39, of Tamarac, and Venyamin Golynkin, 65, of Belarus, were arrested last week in Pompano Beach after an extensive undercover investigation by the FBI.

Federal prosecutors said the men were involved in a plot to illegally export a total of 500,000 rounds of 23mm anti-aircraft ammunition, which is fired from a large cannon, to Sudan and Iraq. The U.S. bans export of defense items, including weapons and ammunition, to both countries, authorities said.

Both ammunition orders were being paid for by an entity in Iraq, prosecutors said. The deals involved sending ammunition for ZU-23 cannons to both countries — 150,000 rounds to Sudan and 350,000 rounds to Iraq, prosecutors said during a hearing Wednesday in federal court in Fort Lauderdale.

Shushan, an Israeli citizen who moved to the United States about two years ago and has legal permanent resident status, is also expected to be charged with trying to illegally smuggle guns and ammunition to Azerbaijan, prosecutors said.

There is also mention of the small matter of 5000 M4 rifles. Seems a bit sinister to say the least.

link
edit on 3281642 by sg1642 because: Sp.

edit on 4081642 by sg1642 because: Sp.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Knowing what I know about military arms control procedures, obviously someone helped these people steal the M4 carbines from somewhere. It's the bigger stuff that has my eyebrow raised.

This is has inside job all over it.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Isis’s need for ammunition reflects its battle tactics: the group relies heavily on truck bombs, suicide vests and improvised explosives during both advances and retreats. But the fast-paced fighting in between — mostly with Kalashnikovs and truck-mounted machine guns — can consume tens of thousands of bullets in a single day. Fighters say that ammunition trucks resupply various front lines every day.

“We could buy from the regime, the Iraqis, the rebels — if we could buy from the Israelis, they wouldn’t care, as long as they got the weapons,” says Abu Omar. Speaking to the Financial Times while knocking back whiskies at a bar in Turkey, he recounts his year as a gunrunner for Isis. He abandoned the trade in August, he says, after deciding Isis was “oppressive”.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think this guy is on to how this kind of stuff goes down . not sure how accurate it is but it sounds reasonable to me

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
These guys seem low level. Who gave it to them to sell is the bigger concern.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
These guys seem low level. Who gave it to them to sell is the bigger concern.

food for thought.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They had help from the same people who gave em all those brand new Toyota trucks...

new topics

top topics

join