It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please don't Panic, Remember Gerald Ford & LBJ Acting Presidents during the recounting of Votes.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

We still don't have legally a President elect in the country, in spite of what one of the candidates is assuming, the timing is not yet reached to have one already proclaimed by the Electoral College.

Only when the electoral college meets and arrives to a decision with all the members being present is that we are going to have one.

Before that time we only have a presumptive President elect, that is the most anybody can say now, especially considering that the election results are not yet enough clear or definitive to call a winner in three states.

The margins of difference in between the forerunners are well below 1%, and two of the parties believe there were irregularities.

Now, at this point it is clear that the general election has been challenged not by one but two of the candidates:

Mrs Jill Stein of the Green Party and Mrs Hillary Clinton of the Democratic Party.

I think we all must react with prudence, and putting tha nation above partisan interests, this is a moment to test our love for America and our respect for rule of law.

Until the recounting of votes in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania ends it is premature to proclaim a clear winner of the election of November 8th.

Please check:

www.yahoo.com...

www.npr.org...

There is no reason for rushing into a transition process since it would not help the country to do it to the wrong person.

Even if the recounting takes more time than what it is expected and this would delay the transition there are procedures already prescribed by the constitution of who must assume the Presidency temporally.

The Constitution even considers the worst case scenario, a perfect tied election in between two candidates and what to do in such a case.

Please check:

www.theatlantic.com...

The constitution apparently for what experts have said in the past estates that the Vicepresident in Office at the moment the term ends, if there is no clear winner of the election or the deadlock is not yet solved, either by the Electoral College or the Congress, respectively, must be sworn Interim or Acting President of the country, in this case would be Mr Joseph Biden, as head of the Congress.

Now if the election become tied or two candidates without enough electoral votes to be formally elected the New President and VicePresident would be chosen in the following way :

The House must select from the top three presidential finishers in the Electoral College, the Senate from the top two vice-presidential finishers.

There is no reason for panic, this anyway would not be the first time to have a Acting President in the oval office, in 1974 Gerald Ford was swore for that job and he did it wonderfully.

Please check:

blog.constitutioncenter.org...

Lyndon B. Johnson also served the country as Acting President since November 22th 1963 to January 20th 1965 due to the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Many of the most important laws of the Kennedy term took final form and were approved by the Congress during that year of his interim rule, before he was actually elected for the next one.

Please check:
www.sheppardsoftware.com...

The thread is open to the free discussion of this interesting and very relevant topic of what the Constitution establishes as the procedure to overcome a any electoral deadlock that can emerge from the new scenario we have right now of recounting of votes in three States where there are still doubts of who can be called as winner.

Thanks for your attention,

Please remain calm, in peace and respectful of the constitutional order.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 11/27/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Yes we do!
His name is Donald Trump!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In LBJ's case, that was the normal succession of a Vice-President to the President's office, something which has happened a number of times in the history of the Republic.
Gerald Ford was chosen Vice-President by Congress to replace Spiro Agnew, who had resigned. So he succeeded to the Presidency in the normal way when Nixon resigned.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If this fair election is messed with I am an enemy of state.

Riots by people who didnt even vote or are not citizens of this country gets you this? I wonder what doing worse can get you.

edit on 11 27 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

States where there are still doubts of who can be called as winner.

Except there is no doubt who the winner is.

Even Obama and Hillary have stated there is no evidence suggesting a recount is needed anywhere.

Michigan already did its own recount due to the close race and Trump still won.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

If this fair election is messed with I am an enemy of state.

Riots by people who didnt even vote or are not citizens of this country gets you this? I wonder what doing worse can get you.

Could you imagine the protest/riots if the electoral college changes the outcome?
I'd be right there with a torch.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How freaking ironic! all I heard from the Democratic party was them telling Trump that he should not contest votes? now what the hell as usual liberal's are notorious liars,leopards never lose these spots

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I hope your post generates real discussion, and is not just overrun by Trump defenders and Hillary sympathizers.

I've read NPR, so far. On to the next.

good thread

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Bilderbergers are doing the best they can to ensure their agenda remains on track.

The usual Bilderbergers are out in force trying to de-cry the democratic process here in he U.K, over the E.U referendum result. Two of them shared a platform last week, with one of them (John Major), stating that the 'Tyranny of the majority', must not be allowed to take hold. Meanwhile, the other (Tony Blair), is threatening a return to politics, because Theresa May is too weak to deal with the anti-E.U M.P's and that the leader of his own party is a "Nutter".

Bilderbergs, your day is done. The people have seen through you and they have had enough.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm all for getting the correct election result but there is no evidence we didn't get that the first time. Stein wanting a recount is laughable too. The best she could expect is another third place finish.
At this point a recount is a total waste of money.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
george sorros was not in power back then. well, not in the power he has now. they can change the votes, looks like 'made in the usa' will not be making a comeback. mozes damn it.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I going to burst your bubble, We have a president elect legally elected by the people, won most of the states of the nations Republic, is call Donald Trump he is your president even if you don't recognized him as such as a personal choice he is the president of our nation and he will be seating in the white house for the next 4 years.

And not, is not going to be no acting president waiting for vote recounts.

That is just wishful thinking.

Hillary lost and she will never be president of this nation ever in her lifetime

HALLELUJAH.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
We have a president elect legally elected by the people, . . .

I wouldn't say that.

Elected by the People would be the majority vote. That would be Hillary.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sorry again but in America that is a Republic, the majority states went to Trump that is how it works, he won what it counts the electoral votes, popular votes mean crap in our Republic.

I think we have exhausted how it works already.

Hillary will never be president of this nation.

edit on 27-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Do we need to have a class on how the United States Presidential election works? There are so many people that are just ill informed. Maybe read up before posting.
edit on 11/27/2016 by Martin75 because: Damn spell check...I hate my phone!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

nope you're wrong, elected by the people in a democratic republic us based on the representation as established through the constitution.

you people seem to be forgetting that our country is kind of like the eu,we are a conglomerate of nation states.

each state agreed to be a part of the whole based on equal representation.

if you try to manipulate that representation, then those states have legitimate grievance against it.

however,you have no legitimate grievance based on popular vote, especially when millions of votes were likely cast by illegals.

jaden

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

somebodies had a 12pack of the kool aid.

and just for a side note,

If no person receives an absolute majority of electoral votes for president, the Twelfth Amendment provides that the House of Representatives will select the president, with each of the fifty state delegations casting one vote. If no person receives a majority of electoral votes for vice president, then the Senate will select the vice president, with each of the 100 senators having one vote.[13][14]
Electoral College (United States)

so who do you think will win if it does go that far, seeing how trump won 30 of the 50 states and the house and senate is in republican hands.

ETA: i should have included this earlier from the same link.

In this event, In this event, the House of Representatives is limited to choosing from among the three candidates who received the most electoral votes for president. Each state delegation votes en bloc – each delegation having a single vote; the District of Columbia does not receive a vote. A candidate must receive an absolute majority of state delegation votes (i.e., at present, a minimum of 26 votes) in order for that candidate to become the President-elect. Additionally, delegations from at least two-thirds of all the states must be present for voting to take place. The House continues balloting until it elects a president.Text Red.

edit on 27-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Sorry again but in America that is a Republic, the majority states went to Trump that is how it works, he won what it counts the electoral votes, popular votes mean crap in our Republic.

I think we have exhausted how it works already.

Hillary will never be president of this nation.

Elected by the people would be the majority vote - - that is Hillary.

Elected by a Representative Democratic Republic government Electoral College - - - would be Government Rule.

I'm very aware of the difference.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

nope you're wrong, elected by the people in a democratic republic us based on the representation as established through the constitution.

I know the difference.

You can "fancy talk" all you want with government legalize.

Trump was elected by Government Rule - - by the way the law is written - - - he was not elected by the people. Elected by the people would be majority of the people.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Do we need to have a class on how the United States Presidential election works? There are so many people that are just ill informed. Maybe read up before posting.

Do you need to learn the difference between majority of people - - - and a decision made by laws?

I already know the difference.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join