It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Jill Stein Cannot File Direct Request for Recount in Pennsylvania, Must Take It to Court

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Jill Stein has been very transparent that her effort is and never was intended to flip the vote totals. She is looking to examine the electoral process to make sure there is no fraud. Wisconsin will be conducting an audit and recount and honestly that is sufficient. If they find hard evidence of hacking or mass fraud in Wisconsin, then DOJ and NSA jump in and we are in for a roller-coaster as they examine PA and MI. I think there is a maybe only a 5% chance they will find anything, but every time Donald throws a tantrum on twitter about it...I scratch my head a little...he almost seems like he is hiding something.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Oh o f course hes hiding something(sarc) no hes pissed they are trying to steal his nomination. Id be doing the same thing myself. I get pissed when people accuse me of cheating.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Oh o f course hes hiding something(sarc) no hes pissed they are trying to steal his nomination. Id be doing the same thing myself. I get pissed when people accuse me of cheating.

He was the one that said the voting system was rigged...still does. He should welcome a full audit of the vote. It's done in a bi-partisan way with both GOP and Dem oversight...so what's the issue? It's hard to take him seriously when he rails on about it being rigged, but then throws a tantrum when folks look to examine the vote for fraud. More so when he knows that Wisconsin wont change the outcome...so what is he worried they will find?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Stein has changed her plan for PA.
She is trying to use another legal method, but the way that she is doing it seems corrupt.

In PA, if 3 voters in a county file an affidavit asking for a recount, showing valid cause to believe there is fraud, then the county must recount.

On Stein's Facebook page, she is asking for volunteers from each of the 67 PA counties.
She says that HER LEGAL TEAM will tell them what to say on the affidavit.
That seems very corrupt.
If a voter feels a valid cause to file for recount, then sure, they should have a right.
But for Stein to solicit affidavits, and then tell them what to say on them, seems very wrong.
That is an abuse of the system.

She knows that she does not have any valid claims to fraud that would work for a candidate to file a court appeal for recount, so she is trying to use the people to work around that.

source

Unfortunately the time to do this has passed. Per PA Law, "they" have 5 days after the election to request a recount using the 3 people per district, then the statute of limitations runs out. A spokes person for the PA Sec. of State has already stated this. A candidate may request a recount but the recount must be done within 20 days of the election. Today, 11-28 is the last day that a recount is allowed for a presidential election.

I read through the entire section of PA Election Law regarding recounts. Here's PA law. Recount section is XVII.
www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/US/PDF/1937/0/0320..PDF
edit on 28-11-2016 by digitalt because: Clarification

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If what you say is true, then why is she only requesting recounts in states where Trump won, and none where Clinton won?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If stein was legit she would have got money for NH. Anyone trying to defend stein can't seem to remember NH and that 2732 margin. Where a recount actually could actually change the outcome.

also, Michigan is all paper ballots.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If Jill Stein is actually worried about fraud and not working for Clinton then why did she not pick Arizona as one of the states to look at?

According to the Washington Post the FBI thinks that Arizona election was targeted by Russian hackers.

Wouldn't it make sense to actually look at the states they think were hacked and not just the states that would flip the election for Clinton.

Someone is pulling her strings....be it Soros or Clinton or both...she got played!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This just out on Fox News,

A closer look at the fine print on her website says “we can only pledge we will demand recounts in WI and MI and support the voter-initiated effort in PA.” Which she knows is not possible since the time has passed for this.

Heck of a way for Stein to fill her pockets.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Of course it Is. But they had to let him win so it looks fair. And now they are trying to take i t back seeing how badly they lost in the senate and house.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: digitalt

There is a thought in my head that she is a based plant lady who in her off time wears a MAGA hat. She is doing this to make the dems look like hypocrites and to drain soros of a couple million. All theory of course. She doesn't seem like the type to be bought off, and her comments and actions are anti-hillary.
An old lady spray painting a dozer prolly has little interest in being bought off.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

If what you say is true, then why is she only requesting recounts in states where Trump won, and none where Clinton won?

They are the three states with the smallest margins..
Plus the three most important states that decided the pivotal outcome..

MI .002 (one fifth of one percent)
WI .08 (eight tenths of 1 percent)
PA .011 (1.1%)

Add to that this...

J. Alex Halderman, the director of the University of Michigan Center for Computer Security and Society, believes they’ve found persuasive evidence that results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania may have been manipulated or hacked.

nymag.com...

Then if you are going to pick three states to look closely at, those would be them.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The powers that be / George Soros want their civil war. They will find a way to ignite it. Never underestimate the elites, they have many more cards up their sleeves. We're talking about Genius Chess-players on steroids to which the average man cannot comprehend.
edit on th2016000000Mondayth000000Mon, 28 Nov 2016 12:37:46 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 28 Nov 2016 12:37:46 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Then trump needs recounts in the areas where 100 percent voted Hillary to offset. chase down each voter to find their places of living to verify they are alive and legal.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

The powers that be / George Soros want their civil war. They will find a way to ignite it. Never underestimate the elites, they have many more cards up their sleeves. We're talking about Genius Chess-players on steroids to which the average man cannot comprehend.

got a brilliant idea. liquidate him if that happens.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Then trump needs recounts in the areas where 100 percent voted Hillary to offset. chase down each voter to find their places of living to verify they are alive and legal.

Where would that be? Is this where you give me a link to Alex Jones?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No. it was on youtube and floated by Fox news that there were states that looked too good for clinton,but you wont see recounts in those.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Also...Here is one of the authors that spurred Stein's effort.

J. Alex Halderman, Prof of CS and Cyber-Security at the University of MI.

Want to Know if the Election was Hacked? Look at the Ballots.

How might a foreign government hack America’s voting machines to change the outcome of a presidential election?

Here’s one possible scenario.
First, the attackers would probe election offices well in advance in order to find ways to break into their computers. Closer to the election, when it was clear from polling data which states would have close electoral margins, the attackers might spread malware into voting machines in some of these states, rigging the machines to shift a few percent of the vote to favor their desired candidate.

This malware would likely be designed to remain inactive during pre-election tests, do its dirty business during the election, then erase itself when the polls close. A skilled attacker’s work might leave no visible signs — though the country might be surprised when results in several close states were off from pre-election polls.

2016 has seen unprecedented cyberattacks aimed at interfering with the election.

This summer, attackers broke into the email system of the Democratic National Committee and, separately, into the email account of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, and leaked private messages.

Attackers infiltrated the voter registration systems of two states, Illinois and Arizona, and stole voter data.
And there’s evidence that hackers attempted to breach election offices in several other states.

In all these cases, Federal agencies publicly asserted that senior officials in the Russian government commissioned these attacks. Russia has sophisticated cyber-offensive capabilities, and has shown a willingness to use them to hack elections.

America’s voting machines have serious cybersecurity problems. That isn’t news.

It’s been documented beyond any doubt over the last decade in numerous peer-reviewed papers and state-sponsored studies by me and by other computer security experts.

We’ve been pointing out for years that voting machines are computers, and they have reprogrammable software, so if attackers can modify that software by infecting the machines with malware, they can cause the machines to give any answer whatsoever.

I’ve demonstrated this in the laboratory with real voting machines — in just a few seconds, anyone can install vote-stealing malware on those machines that silently alters the electronic records of every vote.

It doesn’t matter whether the voting machines are connected to the Internet.

Shortly before each election, poll workers copy the ballot design from a regular desktop computer in a government office, and use removable media (like the memory card from a digital camera) to load the ballot onto each machine. That initial computer is almost certainly not well secured, and if an attacker infects it, vote-stealing malware can hitch a ride to every voting machine in the area. There’s no question that this is possible for technically sophisticated attackers. (If my Ph.D. students and I were criminals, I’m sure we could pull it off.) If anyone reasonably skilled is sufficiently motivated and willing to face the risk of getting caught, it’s happened already.

Link

Simply counting the paper ballots seems reasonable...they do it with a 3 person crew..one GOP Lawyer, one Dem and one neutral election official.

This is actually what the right wing has been shouting about for a decade...strange to see them shouting about how voting machines are impenetrable now.

edit on 28-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

No. it was on youtube and floated by Fox news that there were states that looked too good for clinton,but you wont see recounts in those.

Youtube aside...what you said was..

"

Then trump needs recounts in the areas where 100 percent voted Hillary to offset.

Not that some states looked "too good"..

Were you lying in that post?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: digitalt

A closer look at the fine print on her website says “we can only pledge we will demand recounts in WI and MI and support the voter-initiated effort in PA.” Which she knows is not possible since the time has passed for this.

Trump made a statement along these lines. He said Jill Stein is scamming Clinton supporters, trying to raise $7 million, when she knows she won't spend anything near that amount of money.

I wonder if she's got a one-way ticket to Australia (or someplace like that) booked.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: digitalt

Trump made a statement along these lines. He said Jill Stein is scamming Clinton supporters, trying to raise $7 million, when she knows she won't spend anything near that amount of money.

I wonder if she's got a one-way ticket to Australia (or someplace like that) booked.

(a) Somehow I don't think Trump is worried about Clinton Supporters or those scratching for ways to reverse his win losing money..

(b) Stein said she intends on using left-overs for a voter-integrity project...lobbying for more secure machines etc.

Either way, it's not like they are writing checks to the Trump Foundation or anything

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join