It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ! (AGAIN) I Cannot Remain Silent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have not been on ATS for quite some time, but I have visited like a prodigal child on many occasions. Nevertheless, we are in a current political climate which almost begs for us to SPEAK UP! Say something, put your two cents in and make a difference so because of that, I decided to come here and bring a subject up that I didn't really see any current threads about. Another reason I've been coming back here more and more is likely due to the complete frustration and lack of patience for those who Troll and make degrading, and insulting assumptions and posts wherever I go online. This brings me to the real source of my homesickness, the MODERATORS ! The Moderators that were here when I stayed on this site constantly, were of unknown value until I didn't have them around any longer. I Really missed the unbiased, engaged and fair Moderation this site offered. It helps so much to keep a thread on subject, prevent it from being derailed or those involved in the debate from being demeaned by anyone who's sole purpose is, to do just that. Here people are able to comment and contribute content without those distractions! I haven't been here in awhile and contributed minimal content when I was here, completely consumed with either reading multiple exciting threads while creating new ones of my own or just searching for some truth that I couldn't find anywhere else. I remember so clearly when I became bored with just stalking, reading, studying and getting to know everyone. I visited the "Introduction" thread many times before joining, trying to figure out exactly what I should say or how to introduce myself. I have to say that to this day, no matter what! ATS is my source for the TRUTH, and will always be. I hope that things haven't changed so much that as a Member by posting this in the introduction thread I've immediately violated some rule, I was just hoping more new members would actually read this here, than anywhere else. If you are actually still reading this, you must know I've said now 3 times that I am NOT a new member, just have not been here in awhile.

With that said, the reason I'm back is because I became so completely frustrated and infuriated by the disregard for the people of Standing Rock who are still Protesting against the Oil Co.'s Who are trying to peacefully protect the land they've lived on for Centuries. I've yet to be able to get to deep into the legalities of what is right and wrong about this specific confrontation between the Native American people and these Corporations, because of all the other issues ongoing with the Militarized Police Action that continues daily. In a sense we've got TWO leaders presently, one in office and the other elect. Yet NEITHER is willing to stand up, and say : "Enough is Enough! This reservation, and these lands are protected by a Treaty which is enforced by Federal Law and makes the use of Law Enforcement or Militarized Police against these people, a violation of the Constitution. The Treaty between the Dakota Sioux Tribe and United States Government is bound by Federal law, which means the Local Authorities are breaking Federal and National Law in order to defend a CORPORATION against the citizens of their own Country which again is in total disregard for FEDERAL LAW. How is this happening and why is it not the BIGGEST story everywhere? How can the leaders of this nation remain silent and allow a Corporation operating within the United States to get away with it?

New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker on Friday called on Attorney General Loretta Lynch and the Department of Justice to investigate tactics that police are using against protesters at Standing Rock.

“I call on the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) to promptly and thoroughly investigate all credible reports of inappropriate police tactics and, if DOJ has not already done so, to send federal monitors to Standing Rock to ensure that protestors can peacefully assemble and exercise their First Amendment rights,” he wrote. Our Government's response? www.pbs.org...

The Department of Justice had this to say about Ferguson, why not Standing Rock?

Tactics used by police in Ferguson, Missouri, to control demonstrators protesting the shooting death of a black teenager by a white police officer last year sometimes violated free-speech rights and provoked crowds, according to a Department of Justice document, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday. The report comes nearly four months after the Justice Department accused Ferguson officials of disregarding the constitutional rights of the city’s African-American residents. www.ibtimes.com...

Why is the Justice Dept. so outraged by the Riots and Protests of those who are NOT fighting against a Corporation motivated by GREED and PROFIT? I ask way too many rhetorical questions. This is true, but I don't understand why more people aren't already asking themselves these questions and haven't begun to REALIZEwhat this means for ALL of us. This will be a precedent which is set, and will be relied on going forward.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I've yet to be able to get to deep into the legalities of what is right and wrong about this specific confrontation between the Native American people and these Corporations, because of all the other issues ongoing with the Militarized Police Action that continues daily

First - then how would you take sides if you are uneducated on legalities of what is right or wrong ?
Second - Why does it have to be "Militarized Police" Do you not think they should wear equipment to keep them safe ??
Third = Better go back and find out exactly who owns the land and history of the pipeline. And , research how many other oil pipelines run through the exact same location.
Fourth - Although off-topic - Ferguson and others were not violating "free speech" They were violent . Rioting , looting , burning. All that does not constitute free speech . It is criminal activity
Fifth - The DoJ - OBAMA's DoJ - was called in to investigate - they found nothing or there would have been "hell to pay"
6th - Fairly certain Obama has had the DoJ looking in to it. Nothing found , nothing can be said

Why dont you for a change use research as a tool ? Quit blind believing your next door neighbor. Get past all the Liberal Rhetoric and Bias ?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shell69
I have not been on ATS for quite some time, but I have visited like a prodigal child on many occasions. Nevertheless, we are in a current political climate which almost begs for us to SPEAK UP! Say something, put your two cents in and make a difference so because of that, I decided to come here and bring a subject up that I didn't really see any current threads about. Another reason I've been coming back here more and more is likely due to the complete frustration and lack of patience for those who Troll and make degrading, and insulting assumptions and posts wherever I go online. This brings me to the real source of my homesickness, the MODERATORS ! The Moderators that were here when I stayed on this site constantly, were of unknown value until I didn't have them around any longer. I Really missed the unbiased, engaged and fair Moderation this site offered. It helps so much to keep a thread on subject, prevent it from being derailed or those involved in the debate from being demeaned by anyone who's sole purpose is, to do just that. Here people are able to comment and contribute content without those distractions! I haven't been here in awhile and contributed minimal content when I was here, completely consumed with either reading multiple exciting threads while creating new ones of my own or just searching for some truth that I couldn't find anywhere else. I remember so clearly when I became bored with just stalking, reading, studying and getting to know everyone. I visited the "Introduction" thread many times before joining, trying to figure out exactly what I should say or how to introduce myself. I have to say that to this day, no matter what! ATS is my source for the TRUTH, and will always be. I hope that things haven't changed so much that as a Member by posting this in the introduction thread I've immediately violated some rule, I was just hoping more new members would actually read this here, than anywhere else. If you are actually still reading this, you must know I've said now 3 times that I am NOT a new member, just have not been here in awhile.

With that said, the reason I'm back is because I became so completely frustrated and infuriated by the disregard for the people of Standing Rock who are still Protesting against the Oil Co.'s Who are trying to peacefully protect the land they've lived on for Centuries. I've yet to be able to get to deep into the legalities of what is right and wrong about this specific confrontation between the Native American people and these Corporations, because of all the other issues ongoing with the Militarized Police Action that continues daily. In a sense we've got TWO leaders presently, one in office and the other elect. Yet NEITHER is willing to stand up, and say : "Enough is Enough! This reservation, and these lands are protected by a Treaty which is enforced by Federal Law and makes the use of Law Enforcement or Militarized Police against these people, a violation of the Constitution. The Treaty between the Dakota Sioux Tribe and United States Government is bound by Federal law, which means the Local Authorities are breaking Federal and National Law in order to defend a CORPORATION against the citizens of their own Country which again is in total disregard for FEDERAL LAW. How is this happening and why is it not the BIGGEST story everywhere? How can the leaders of this nation remain silent and allow a Corporation operating within the United States to get away with it?

New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker on Friday called on Attorney General Loretta Lynch and the Department of Justice to investigate tactics that police are using against protesters at Standing Rock.

“I call on the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) to promptly and thoroughly investigate all credible reports of inappropriate police tactics and, if DOJ has not already done so, to send federal monitors to Standing Rock to ensure that protestors can peacefully assemble and exercise their First Amendment rights,” he wrote. Our Government's response? www.pbs.org...

The Department of Justice had this to say about Ferguson, why not Standing Rock?

Tactics used by police in Ferguson, Missouri, to control demonstrators protesting the shooting death of a black teenager by a white police officer last year sometimes violated free-speech rights and provoked crowds, according to a Department of Justice document, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday. The report comes nearly four months after the Justice Department accused Ferguson officials of disregarding the constitutional rights of the city’s African-American residents. www.ibtimes.com...

Why is the Justice Dept. so outraged by the Riots and Protests of those who are NOT fighting against a Corporation motivated by GREED and PROFIT? I ask way too many rhetorical questions. This is true, but I don't understand why more people aren't already asking themselves these questions and haven't begun to REALIZEwhat this means for ALL of us. This will be a precedent which is set, and will be relied on going forward.

I left your post in the fullness of it's obesity to ask you; wasn't this place for 'introductions', rather than lengthy dissertations?
I'll respond to that;
Welcome. *__-

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow my eyes hurt.... but have a flag anyways.
edit on 27-11-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shell69

What?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

With that said, the reason I'm back is because I became so completely frustrated and infuriated by the disregard for the people of Standing Rock who are still Protesting against the Oil Co.'s Who are trying to peacefully protect the land they've lived on for Centuries. I've yet to be able to get to deep into the legalities of what is right and wrong about this specific confrontation between the Native American people and these Corporations, because of all the other issues ongoing with the Militarized Police Action that continues daily. In a sense we've got TWO leaders presently, one in office and the other elect. Yet NEITHER is willing to stand up, and say : "Enough is Enough! This reservation, and these lands are protected by a Treaty which is enforced by Federal Law and makes the use of Law Enforcement or Militarized Police against these people, a violation of the Constitution.

#noDAPL

#standwithstandingrock

I'm with you brother. Welcome back.

Can I give you some advice?

Paragraphs, spacing and post structure really help.

Walls of text are um...walls of text.

And the edit button is your friend if you use it within the prescribed window.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Ok wow that was a big into or discussion?

Anyway, welcome back

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

With that said, the reason I'm back is because I became so completely frustrated and infuriated by the disregard for the people of Standing Rock who are still Protesting against the Oil Co.'s Who are trying to peacefully protect the land they've lived on for Centuries. I've yet to be able to get to deep into the legalities of what is right and wrong about this specific confrontation between the Native American people and these Corporations, because of all the other issues ongoing with the Militarized Police Action that continues daily. In a sense we've got TWO leaders presently, one in office and the other elect. Yet NEITHER is willing to stand up, and say : "Enough is Enough! This reservation, and these lands are protected by a Treaty which is enforced by Federal Law and makes the use of Law Enforcement or Militarized Police against these people, a violation of the Constitution.

#noDAPL

#standwithstandingrock

I'm with you brother. Welcome back.

Can I give you some advice?

Paragraphs, spacing and post structure really help.

Walls of text are um...walls of text.

And the edit button is your friend if you use it within the prescribed window.

I'm also with the brother - on both topics. I've also been chased off by verbally abusive trolls and wondered where the mods went.
Regarding Standing Rock -- this deserves a very close look - there's plenty of info out there (first I heard of it was on BBC, my fellow Americans). Yeah, there may be a few pissed off Indians/Native Americans/Water Protectors hurling bottles - but they are not terrorists as is becoming the media/corporate sell job. I also posted some links to a previous thread about DAPL -- All across our country, there is a push for thousands of miles of proposed pipelines --- every single one of us ought to care about this. In many states these energy companies already own rights-of-way for existing utilities - why the land grab?

Yes, I drive a car, yes our current system relies on fossil fuel - but dang it, why have we accepted this as some sort of endless necessity? Technology exists and can be further developed for clean renewable energy. We have accepted this false "necessity" because the corporate machine wants us to. $$$$ They can't own and sell the wind and sun.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That's so shocking to me because it's such a drastically different perception of me, than who I really am. I sincerely am sorry I came across, the way you just described me. Honestly, I was just loosely discussing this mess in frustration, BECAUSE I'm so sick of reading & reading, listening, researching, or catching up with everything going on lately, after watching it since I was a little kid.
Even if I couldn't read at all, I would be able to make a decision because I don't think you need to read be trained in law in some instances. Especially in this instance after HISTORY has already set a precedent, long ago. Anyone, who is in a position to create or sign law, judge by law, or enforce the law should at least not contradict the reason for law by always upholding the basic fundamentals of Law itself. Sometimes "Genius" can get in the way of common sense & decency.

Native Americans were the 1st people in this country to experience hate and racism, and they are still feeling it until today. With so much discussion about rights, racism, phobias etc. Isn't it odd that a group of people who live on lands they were chased & herded into but then took responsibility for watch it be destroyed while they see families destroyed by disease afterward? The Dakota have yet to be treated fairly or honestly, and to this day they are not being treated with dignity. Why NOT do an Environmental Impact Study? Seriously, if the problem after all others are resolved is the responsibility they feel to protect the water which truly is LIFE, we can't live without it more than a week. There are billions of us and at least 4-5 other pipelines all around the area. The Greed is REAL! Why NOT give the Sioux and EIS?

As far as the police officers on the offensive in North Dakota against these water protectors who are peacefully standing behind a barricade these same officers created on the bridge which actually blocks the bridge preventing the Sioux from traveling across the river or anyone from crossing over to them. So, emergency services or medical treatment cannot reach them quickly and in emergency medicine minutes count. There is no reason the Police would need military gear unless they were going to be on the offensive and knew they were going to provoke a defensive action from a protester. I've watched videos of these extremely capable looking young men beaten with sticks and alternating shots to the face with mace/pepper spray. I wish these militarized police could see themselves the way I've seen them from Drone Videos, freelance photography closeups, where there is some real hate in their faces. These shots of them Standing with 100 buddies protected, armed and in line against mostly Elders, women and children like they are bada** and it's a joke.

As far as Ferguson MO goes, I couldn't agree with you more, yet the Justice Dept decided to sue the city of Ferguson for their "excessive force against violent, vandalism in riots, yet they won't even acknowledge Standing Rock exists. As far as me being liberal, nothing could be further from the truth except to say that I am conservative. I don't fit into a group and am not on any side and would never follow anyone's opinion or beliefs but my own. Ironically I still believe there is a lot of truth left in the world you just have to find it.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This wasnt about you personally. You state that you know little , yet dive right in .
I had relatives that walked "The Trail of Tears" so I know the story....

top topics

join