It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Silent as House Passes Resolution for Syrian No-Fly Zone — Provoking War with Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

It's as if they're operating under the impression that Hillary is going to be the President instead of Trump.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Russia and Syria should impose a real no fly zone that targets western aircraft since the west is flying missions in support of terrorist organisations.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If true and this were also to pass in the Senate - and that's a BIG if - it will never be signed into law.

Neither Obama on his way out, nor Trump after he gets in, would sign off on this nonsense.

If either one of them does, start prepping, for the end is nigh...

edit on 11/27/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
A lot of really bad legislation is passed during lame duck sessions. Retiring legislators and legislators who lost races help out their colleagues because they no longer have constituents to answer to.

If reported from Senate Foreign Relations Committee without amendment, it is one vote from passage or defeat.

Sens. Kaine, McCain, Graham, Rubio, and Durbin support a no-fly zone. As do Clinton, and Petraeus. Source

Thankfully none is on the Foreign Relations Committee. Sen. Corkin's position is more elusive. As chair of the committee, he decides whether the bill is added to the committee agenda. They're next scheduled to meet on 11/29. Sen. Paul is on the committee so that's one nay vote.

Hopefully all the high level meetings Trump had this week had less to do with cabinet candidates, and more to do with acquiring a wide range of opinions about Syria. Trump's meeting this past Monday with Sen. Gabbard may signal he's looking for support on his position, and Sen. Gabbard should know where he can find support in the Senate.

If this is rammed through the Senate, lands on Pres. Obama's desk, Obama's last salvo may be a veto, pushing it back to the Senate for an override vote.

I'll hedge my bet on a Rand Paul's filibuster if it reaches the Senate floor. Cruz could assist with another 21 hour filibuster.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I agree with everything, except that this is a "liberal" thing and that Trump is going to stop it. I don't think that he is a real anti-establishment, anti-war candidate. Don't fool yourself. He already has postured about torturing people, and ending cooperation with Iran, etc.

Well seen, totally agree.... I think not just America has been played, but the whole world with this circus charade they call "elections"

Since when did people gain faith in politicians?

Maybe TPTB are about to play their TRUMP card?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
These plans have to put this into place before Trump is in office. Not only because it's possible he may keep his word but war is wanted anyway. Now is the chance especially if they want to add chaos before his inauguration.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Where inside of that text do you get that the House passed anything resembling a No-Fly Zone in Syria? From what I read, they stated nothing more than fact finding mission on its implications.

The idea we should do it is idiocy, yet a lower level is the false information in the OP.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny
Where inside of that text do you get that the House passed anything resembling a No-Fly Zone in Syria? From what I read, they stated nothing more than fact finding mission on its implications.

The idea we should do it is idiocy, yet a lower level is the false information in the OP.

The title is from the article, which I too disagree with, but according to BAN forum rules, I have to post it exactly. Otherwise I would have changed it to be more accurate. But I made that clear in the OP. Did you read it?

The point is, if it passes the Senate and gets signed by Obama, it will signal to the Russians that serious consideration and fact finding missions, including full military assessments are being conducted to impose either full or partial no fly zones in Syria. Is that a signal you want to send? Does that signal further diplomatic efforts to resolve this peacefully? Or will it provoke Putin into further escalation and defensive actions as he preempts these moves? He already has a foothold, and has S-300's in place, and some say S-400's too. I suppose he'll just bring in some SATAN-2's and call it a day.

The whole point here is for the American people to say "HELL NO. STOP THIS NONSENSE BEFORE IT EVEN STARTS."
edit on Sun Nov 27th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Lol. Now Putin blames Obama for everything. I hope we will ignore Putin and do what we have to. There are no good choices except to leave and that is not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
...assessing...
and
...examining...

Does not = implementing.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

...assessing...
and
...examining...

Does not = implementing.

Yeah well the several last times we didn't speak up before the implementing, you see what we got. A total cluster in the ME, death, destruction, and millions of homeless. Not to mention billions upon billions of our tax dollars gone to waste. So go ahead, yeah, wait for the implementation. Let's make matters worse. Let's just wait till the implementing brings a big bright white light in your face. You won't even have time to get to your keyboard to apologize.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

...assessing...
and
...examining...

Does not = implementing.

Yeah well the several last times we didn't speak up before the implementing, you see what we got.

That's fine.
When the talk turns to implementing, then go all resistance on them.
I don't think that one can 'pre-empt' contemplation, but action is another thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I don't think that one can 'pre-empt' contemplation, but action is another thing.

Oh yes the hell we can. It's a very simple phrase called:

Don't even THINK about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It says they'll evaluate a plan for a no-fly zone in Syria. So what? What does that mean to you? What if everybody in Syria has to walk on the ground or swim in the water? What if no flies can buzz around in Syria?

I think you are getting all worked up.

If Syria wants to fly, then they should make some airports and some airplanes or something that they can fly in defiance of the great no-fly chatter. You watch. I think they'll fly all around all they want.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

That article says they'll consider something maybe perhaps they might ponder about. I think it's fake news.

That's my opinion.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What is wrong with these people??? Are they TRYING to doom us all? I guess TBTB have restrained from playing with human lives long enough. Guess it's play time for them, now.... Start another war and sit back in their mansion bunker and watch the world burn.

People are insane and sickening. Perhaps they're prepping, knowing full well that the Wicked Witch of the West is going to STEAL the election from its rightful winner. After they create/change votes for SHillary during the recount, that is.

Might as well get used to having an Evil Witch overlord, guys. WWIII is about to kick the door down... Of course this one won't be getting recorded and retold......

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

That article says they'll consider something maybe perhaps they might ponder about. I think it's fake news.

That's my opinion.

Lol. You can't MAKE this crap up anymore. I give you links directly to the congressional record, and you call it fake news.

*sigh*

Wouldn't you be more at home watching CNN? I mean why even bother?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I hate to say it but if anyone deserves a no fly zone imposed on them it is NATO and western forces not the Russians or Syrians. We haven't just created this mess we have kept it going. It's the blind leading the blind. Maybe someone can point out that Syria's sovereignty is Syria's business and not ours? This is just a regime change that has went wrong they should give it up as a bad job.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The only reason a no fly zone would be imposed would be allowing anti assad forces and indeed the likes of ISIS to flourish and make advances in Syria wihout being attacked by government forces from the air.

If you think this is about the Syrian people or stopping ISIS think again. There were plans in place as far back as Bush's time in office to bring this about. The end game is regime change in Syria and a strangle hold over the Middle East in general.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Exactly. Rememb r the axis of evil. There's still countries left on that list.
Even four years ago, when Ron Paul was the only sane voice in the room of the gop debates, everyone was babbling on about Syria and Iran. Even four years prior as well.
Elements in our government as a whole have wanted to topple Assad and Iran for years now. Unfortunately, I doubt Trump will bring an end to it all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join