It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern proof of evolution.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

That comes right after the crocoduck.

Funny how they can't breed more of those, I mean the op contend's tusk's can disappear or re-appear with 1-2 generation's

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

so if the strawberry ice-cream stay's in my freezer longer than 6 months, it'll turn to chocolate...I see

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Funny how they can't breed more of those

They haven't bred any of those. They don't exist. It's the basis for Ray Comfort's terrible refutation to evolution.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

so if the strawberry ice-cream stay's in my freezer longer than 6 months, it'll turn to chocolate...I see

No. That isn't what I said at all.

Natural Selection is a method of Evolution.
Selective breeding is a method of evolution.

They are two different methods and one of them won't ever become the other. They are both different ways that Evolution can happen, that's all.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

You forgot their magic word...

"random"

They say "random" mutation and it's supposed to magically makes sense.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

there is evidence for one and not for the other. one is science, the other is belief.

that's the difference.

jaden

What are you talking about evidence for one and not the other??? What two things are you talking about???

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
Came across this article:
Independent

An increasing number of African elephants are now born tusk-less because poachers have consistently targeted animals with the best ivory over decades, fundamentally altering the gene pool.

In some areas 98 per cent of female elephants now have no tusks, researchers have said, compared to between two and six per cent born tusk-less on average in the past.

For several generations, poachers have routinely targeted elephants with large tusks...thus unnaturally selecting for elephants with small or no tusks. So, as a matter of survival, more elephants are being born with small or no tusks. Obviously not a conscious decision on the elephants' part, but this is how breeding and predator/poachers have made things.

Any evolution deniers care to debate this?

Yeah I will debate you

Are they still elephants or are they not?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Honestly what is there to debate??? This isn't controversial or anything.

Of course they are still elephants.

WTF are some of you even talking about???

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

If you'd like a human example:

Modern medicine has allowed humans with severe food allergies to survive longer. Thus, they are able to breed. Food allergies in children has increased 50% between 1997 and 2011.
Source
Therefore, due to advances in modern medicine we are actually evolving to have more instances of severe food allergies.

Now, before you jump all over my source, it does NOT say that modern medicine is the culprit. That is just my personal theory based on how evolution works.

And, if you want to talk about teeth and evolution: WhyTF do we have wisdom teeth that have to be surgically removed because there's not enough room for them? Maybe evolution is driven by intelligent design, maybe it's not. But somewhere along the way smaller skulls/smaller jaws were selected for and the teeth just didn't keep up. I don't know why, I'm not claiming to know. But it is a byproduct of evolution...for whatever reason.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Honestly what is there to debate??? This isn't controversial or anything.

Of course they are still elephants.

WTF are some of you even talking about???

You are right mojo
They are still elephants, they havnt evolved, it's not evolution

It's called micro evolution and it proves nothing at all.
No different to skin or hair colour

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

They see the word 'evolution' and freak TF out. TRIGGERED

I made this thread for those on the fence. So that maybe they could be informed as to what evolution actually entails.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Hey, I'm not even going to claim to know whether intelligent design is guiding the process. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Either way, the process remains and is pretty easily observable.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

If you'd like a human example:

Modern medicine has allowed humans with severe food allergies to survive longer. Thus, they are able to breed. Food allergies in children has increased 50% between 1997 and 2011.
Source
Therefore, due to advances in modern medicine we are actually evolving to have more instances of severe food allergies.

Now, before you jump all over my source, it does NOT say that modern medicine is the culprit. That is just my personal theory based on how evolution works.

And, if you want to talk about teeth and evolution: WhyTF do we have wisdom teeth that have to be surgically removed because there's not enough room for them? Maybe evolution is driven by intelligent design, maybe it's not. But somewhere along the way smaller skulls/smaller jaws were selected for and the teeth just didn't keep up. I don't know why, I'm not claiming to know. But it is a byproduct of evolution...for whatever reason.

We have wisdom teeth problems because our jaws don't do enough excercise chewing roughage, we eat Big Macs and fries compared to when we ate and chewed more solid food.
Our jaws are smaller so our teeth don't fit in our jaws any more
Body builders have bigger bones because they have bigger muscles because they work hard to build them, same with the jaw.
Puny eating ,eans puny jaws, means wisdom teeth problems, puny human

Research, don't believe what everyone tells you

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

"random"

There ARE random mutations too. All the time. UV light, botched transcription during replication, free oxygen radicals.... there are all sorts of causes for mutations. Some turn out to be beneficial- those individuals go on to spread their seed. Some aren't so beneficial- those individuals die off early. Sometimes the mutation isn't beneficial but for whatever reason is still retained- see my post about wisdom teeth and food allergies. In humans there's a lot of influence from technology, medicine, etc. but there's plenty of examples in nature too.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

No, what we see is people thinking with their faith not their brain

Seriously, suggesting an elephant without tusks is not an elephant anymore is like saying a chihuahua is not a dog

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

No, you're wrong. That is exactly what evolution is.

Evolution is just a process of change in heritable traits over time from one generation to the next. Be it a cell that duplicates itself or even sexual reproduction where two creatures pass on traits to their offspring.

That is the process of evolution.

Look at what you just wrote. "... it's not evolution It's called micro evolution. You even use the word Evolution yet you claim it's not evolution. It does prove one thing for sure. Which is that you don't know what you're talking about.

"It's not evolution....It's evolution!!!" Are you kidding me???

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

"random"

There ARE random mutations too. All the time. UV light, botched transcription during replication, free oxygen radicals.... there are all sorts of causes for mutations. Some turn out to be beneficial- those individuals go on to spread their seed. Some aren't so beneficial- those individuals die off early. Sometimes the mutation isn't beneficial but for whatever reason is still retained- see my post about wisdom teeth and food allergies. In humans there's a lot of influence from technology, medicine, etc. but there's plenty of examples in nature too.

Care to show the beneficial mutations and explain why they are beneficial

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Ok moje, sit down, relax

It's an elephant turning into an elephant, it's evolution.
You win then

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

No, what we see is people thinking with their faith not their brain

Seriously, suggesting an elephant without tusks is not an elephant anymore is like saying a chihuahua is not a dog

What?? Nobody said an elephant without tusks isn't an elephant. In fact just the opposite. We all agree it's still an elephant. We even called it an Elephant. How did you mistake that for something else???

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Ok moje, sit down, relax

It's an elephant turning into an elephant, it's evolution.
You win then

Don't talk down to me.

You have no idea what evolution is that is clear. There is nothing to debate here. Yes, of course it's still an elephant. It's slightly different than it's parents because of the traits passed down to it that is all. That is what evolution is. That is all it is in fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join