It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida State and Gators game. Anyone watching?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
For soooo many years this has been a big game for me to watch. Somehow this year I am watching it alone. Rather strange in itself.
So, just wondering if anyone else is watching and would like to join in some friendly banter. I'm a diehard Seminole Fan just so you know where I stand.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I'm watching. It was between this and 'Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice' playing on HBO™..

I also saw the Goodyear™ blimp flying to the game yesterday afternoon while We were out fishing
Didn't catch snot but I'd opine it still beats "Ebon Friday" even if'n I was able to spend other folks' $$$..

Now I'll wait until Dec. 27th or 28th and rifle through all the unwanted stuff marked way, way down and pick-up the real deals.. I do have to replace this 60" Mitsubishi™ that has served Me for 18 years but when I turn it on, Matt Dillon and everyone else is green w/envy... I'm thinking going BestBuy™ and getting the installment deal...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Lol I used to live right by where the blimp was based in Pompano! I used to love hearing it coming when I was a kid. Had such a distinct sound.

So you never said, NOles or Gators for you?

Edit to add, I bought a Visio tv that I'm Very happy with. Should get a real good price for one of those.

Lol one more edit, you ever come down the big lake Okeechobee to fish?

edit on 11/26/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes, but I am a hardcore Gator! I spent a lot of time in Tallahassee though. Usually ribbing Noles!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Lol Great! Now the game got interesting! Seems so weird watching it alone. This is better already and both had a chance and both walked away with nothing... Typical start to a game like this one eh?

Had to add, you would think with your screen name and Avitar you be a Noles fan! Seems you took a wrong turn somewhere

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I'm a fan of 'The Game' and if it is well played, nobody ends up in a shopping cart snipping their pants and the referees make the right calls then I'll be "fine". I detest the 'showmanship" and that is why I really enjoy the Service Academies because they just hand the ball to the Ref and go on.. If either is getting blown out then I'll hope for a "come back" but I don't have any favorites..
I saw a game last weekend when the player made a tackle and stood over the receiver and the tackler's team was down 21 points.

I loaded up My Ranger™ and was headed to The Big O to fish and check-out Roland Martin's Marina but I stopped by the Town of Cassadaga, Flori-Duh. My mind was B L O W N at some of the spots and conversations and ended up in a large Group Meditation which was wild, wild...

namaste

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

OT: I am a huge Pitt Panther fan.....did you happen to see their game today? I was there....final score 76-61 Pitt...most points EVER in a D-1 college game from what I hear.

I have no rooting interest in the Noles or Gators....just hope it is a good game. Good luck!

link   

I really like that running back Cook. He is going to be good.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Sounds like you had a great sidetracked moment. I live on the north side of the lake. If you know when your heading this way, give me a heads up and maybe we can meet up. Be nice to meet a fellow ATSer. Least someone might finally actually understand what I'm talking about!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

Lol Great! Now the game got interesting! Seems so weird watching it alone. This is better already and both had a chance and both walked away with nothing... Typical start to a game like this one eh?

Had to add, you would think with your screen name and Avitar you be a Noles fan! Seems you took a wrong turn somewhere

Good point, as I sit here 10 down! Grrr...
I did get the name from my experience with NA. I have died twice in this life so the spirit horse was very interesting a NA friend told me. Not exactly my experience as I have one foot in this life and one in the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist
Wow that is a high score. Almost looks like a b ball score. Must have extra exciting being there though to witness it.
I was watching the Ohio Mich. game. My dad was a buckeye so they are sort of my second team.

@Tarzan: Cook is amazing. I really hope he goes pro. Lol just hope a team I like picks him up.
I love Charlie Ward back in the day, was excited for him to go pro too and he ended up going to the Knicks. Lol that broke my heart, dang trader.

@Spirit: I'm glad you are sharing the one foot with us tonight
you ever have a obe in your dance of putting your left foot in take your right foot out...?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

OBE only when I was clinically dead. I might have one tonight if the Gators don't get it together. I may have to go to Tallahassee and go to Poor Paul's Pourhouse if things don't change lol!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Lol yeah, I've been refraining from pointing out the obvious, that will change second half though.

Have you posted anywhere on here about your obe? I would love to read about it.

Funny I grew up in Boca and have been all over the state, but I have never made it too the panhandle. I must do a road trip one day and be amongst my people!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Gators fan here.
Defense is keeping us in this game. FSU is a good team this year but we should win this game. Maybe beat LSU and Alabama? Who knows.

edit on 26-11-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I spent one week a month out there. I used to consult for heavy and maritime industry and they have the only hydroelectric plant in the state. I consulted for the nuclear plants in Florida as well as other plants and large ships. It was hard going to parties in enemy country! One such party they wanted me to go pick up another keg. I had gator stickers and gator floor mats in my truck. I backed up in a crowd to unload the keg not considering my gator branding. They had a "Gator Scraping". They removed all the stickers, burned the floor mats, and pasted Noles stickers all over. Then all was fine. I wasn't in the position to defend at that time. lol...

I have discussed it before in a couple of threads. I don't recall where but I found one here.

edit on 26/11/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman
Considering the rankings, you should certainly be doing better that's for sure. Cook on the other hand is a hell of a weapon for FSU. Lucky your guy Wilson is awake tonight, he has saved a few disasters.

As far as beating Alabama, hahahahahha DREAM ON DREAM WEAVER! I wouldn't even bother dreaming that for the Noles!
I suspect Bama and maybe Wisconsin in the end maybe? Ohio isn't out of it yet either.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Wow that was a low key Nole hazing! Kind of rough burning your stuff though... Ah youth and their team spirit eh?

I owned a bar in Dania so this game was always a big deal with folks for both sides. After I got out of the business one friend had the party at her house for a few years. Losers had to jump in the pool. Now we all know this time of year the pool isn't exactly the warmest to a Floridian. Lucky for me I only had to swim once and I had from halftime to prepare for that dip. Patron was a very good friend of mine...

I'm going to read your post here in a bit during a break. Looking forward to it.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Our offense is still horrible. Same as last year but slightly better.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It was all in good spirit. Once they got going, well you know how kids are. I once live in Michigan as a kid and we swam in the the clear cold rivers. I couldn't imagine it after living here for most of my life. I guess you have to hope there is a warm front for the game!

Gators are flopping around like a fish on the beach....

edit on 26/11/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I read your post and I'm amazed you didn't get quite a few more stars for that. Probably because of the amount of naysayers that seemed stuck on the "proof" point that seemed to be the issue. Wondering how I missed that thread. I would have definitely been backing you up. Not that I have had the expierence, but that I truly believe what you experienced is pretty much how I believe it will be.

Simple put, your reply resonates with me. Good to know

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join