It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News Just For Right-Wingers: A Huge Industry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

You didn't read the article. Libs don't fall for the fake news sites.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It is true that right-wingers are duped by fake news, but equally true that left-wingers are duped by real news. Unfortunately, these tiny little blogs spreading disinformation pale in comparison to the big boys. If little blogs with sensationalist headlines are an issue, but the media giants are not, it is because your priorities are backwards.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Liberals watch comedy when they want to laugh at the ridiculous and make sense of the 'fake' news. For some reason right-wingers don't have stand-up comics or late-night entertainment shows or things like "The Daily Show" or "Last Week Tonight".

And they won't watch those exposees, either - because then they just get even more pissed off.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Time to bring up this beauty from a few years ago because I know how it makes everybody so bubbly inside and happy to be alive:
www.rawstory.com - Brain structure differs in liberals, conservatives: study...

Liberals have more gray matter in a part of the brain associated with understanding complexity, while the conservative brain is bigger in the section related to processing fear, said the study on Thursday in Current Biology.

People with a large amygdala are “more sensitive to disgust” and tend to “respond to threatening situations with more aggression than do liberals and are more sensitive to threatening facial expressions,” the study said.

Liberals are linked to larger anterior cingulate cortexes, a region that “monitor(s) uncertainty and conflicts,” it said.

edit on 11/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Which is Bull Slick. Libs do not use areas of the brain that help with the complex. Just look how they struggle with the constitution.

link   

I lean a little right and watched Stewart and Colbert. I can laugh at both sides.

I also listen to talk radio, a lot of joking going on.

You say they are all mad, who went out to riot?

Who needs "safe spaces"?

The disconnect is strong with this one.

link   
Both sides are equally fake..

Though the msm has a real hard on to demonize the right at the moment because the right is so anti government..

....Any media that isnt state sponsored must be eliminated

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You didn't read the article. Libs don't fall for the fake news sites.

What? I though Huff was fake news. Certainly you knew this.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Daily Kos is not a blog. It's like ATS...a forum.

And NPR is biased, and I already admitted that. Do try to keep up.
Bias is not the same as LIES.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Who needs "safe spaces"?

Trump requested one when Hamilton's cast spoke directly to Mike Pence.

Who lost their minds when Colin Kaepernick knelt for the anthem?

Both sides are equally guilty and ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Huff is a left-leaning news site. It is not The Onion. And libs even like The Onion, because THEY ADMIT THEY ARE SATIRE.

The right-wing junk sites are lying to gullible people and making a fortune off of their lies.....just like Alex Jones is rich selling bug-out bags, and terrorizing people with fictional stories like FEMA camps are for the mass genocide planned by Obama. Crap like that.

Stupid is a stupid does. And that's a quote.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Bottom line is that its all BS!!! I dont consider myself left or right wing. Im American, just like all other Americans. Left wing this, Right wing that, and now were attacking each others news sources? Anyone with half a brain knows that ANY story, whether completly made up, exaggerated, or 100% true, needs to be fact checked by the reader themselves. The reason for this is that 'Journalism' as defined, is completely dead! Media simply exists to either push an agenda, or sell something. Simple as that.
No matter if you consider yourself left, or right, we've all been duped at least once. I must say though, some of the stories by the outlet mentioned in the O.P. are WONDERFULLY entertaining!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
To repeat:

This isn’t a matter of biased sites like Fox, or even stories generated through lopsided editing, as is common on Breitbart.

These are completely fictional stories that originate at sites made up to look like legitimate television or newspaper sources.

This ^ is from the article. And it is backed up by QUOTES of what the subject SAID to the reporter from NPR.

edit on 11/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: watchitburn

Daily Kos is not a blog. It's like ATS...a forum.

And NPR is biased, and I already admitted that. Do try to keep up.
Bias is not the same as LIES.

Yes, like the LIES Hillary Clinton told which should have disqualified her completely.
www.chicagotribune.com...

As for the MSN the Facts are the only Truth in this, and the few good websites that actually tell it!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Hey Shamrock. Here is something to think about if you want.

The other day here on ATS, there was a thread titled "The Real Fake News by Ron Paul"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now here is the thing Sham. Look at those names and look at all the media symbols around the edges. Do you see one, even ONE conservative name? Nope. not one.
Now I am not here to say any of those media outlets are free of bias or for that matter collusion, but the fact, yes FACT than on that entire list, that there is NO mention of conservative outlets seems rather fishy. almost like someone is trying to establish a complete meme of 'all liberal media bad, all conservative media good. Can you see that.

Ok so to continue. Since that thread I have seen an increase in people on ATS using the term 'fake news' in reference to the liberal media. Not phony news, not false news, not made up news, but rather FAKE NEWS.

This tells me that the meme of 'liberal media bad, conservative media good' has taken off under the title of "Fake News' and is finding success around these parts.

So back to the OP. This thread is not about bias, or collusion or pushing political agenda on the part of media, I think we all already know about that. What this thread is pointing out is that there was, and are, people out there who just plain make stuff up and sell it as news for their own profit.

So my point here is simple. While some are adopting the term FAKE NEWS as indicative of liberal outlets, the completely made up, completely fabricated, completely unfounded 'news' really is fake. Completely fake.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The far left fringe can buy into conspiratorial, biased, fake news also, but they were never given political power through the democratic Party. (In fact far left conspiratorial extremists are not allowed to run as Democrats.) The Republican Party never shed themselves of their far right fringe, who formed and joined the John Birch Society in the 1950s (which the senior Koch helped at the founding).

There was no political power or money behind the far left fringe, as there came to be with the Koch funded fringe, which rose to Rep Party prominence as conservatives to their left were RINOed out since the 1990s, leaving the true believers claiming the title "conservative".

Here is a tiny part of an interview with Claire Conner, who speaks out about her JBS parents and growing up in the JBS

They just didn’t care about the actual facts?

Well, they just assumed there were no facts. It wasn’t like they investigated it. They said, “No, that can’t be, and I don’t want to hear another word about it.” It’s a very strange way of looking at the world, because my parents, as well read as they were, they read only books that were on the approved list. And it’s probably a very good lesson for all of us: You can’t just read what you already agree with. You can’t, and we shouldn’t. But it is certainly more comfortable.

The Tea Party, the John Birch Society, and the Fear of “Mob Rule”: An Interview with Claire Conner

The GOP was warned by its prominent members in the 1960s not to let their fringe take power. Too bad the party didn't listen.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Yet another thread painting yourself as intellectually superior, a martyr, and right all at once. Why debate actual points when you can just say the source is fake and dismiss it outright? Only one set of "facts" matter, and that's the one you're pushing.

This whole "fake news" thing is really a godsend for the liberals right now, isn't it?

Now if you could just do away with that pesky electoral college, eh?

But isn't it true that tRump got the Un-Educated Vote? Yes it is.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Plenty of intelligent people didn't like Hillary.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Doesn't mean they voted for Trump.

Hillary and Trump only received 31.5% and 30.5% of registered voters support on election day; 38% voted other or abstained.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

And might not have Voted for her, like me, your point?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join