It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Vets deploying to Standing Rock; Woman loses her arm and hundreds more injured

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
You know what'd really send shockwaves across the country?
If Trump went there himself and stood at the front, personal security concerns be damned.
He'd instantly become a national hero, the MSM would implode from their inability to spin it, and all the liberal SJW idiots protesting his "racist xenophobic anti-semitic hate speech" would go into total shock.

PRESIDENT TRUMP. DO IT. PLEASE.

Sadly, he won't because he's a supporter of oil and these pipelines. I'm afraid it's not going to be good for the Natives when he takes over.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Here is a link to the operations manual being used by the Veteran's going to standing rock
www.facebook.com...

It's longish so didn't think it'd be kosher to copy the whole thing. However it explains exactly what the point is and their planned actions.

Here is an article with Michael A. Wood Jr, one of the co-founders of Veteran's for Standing Rock that explains how this started and snowballed. They cut off registration after getting 2100 confirmations from Vets willing to "deploy" to assist Standing Rock, altho many more are going independently.

taskandpurpose.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Please stay safe when you go Rez! Getting scary out there! I wish you and the Natives and all who are supporting them much luck and love! Hugs!

Thanks for that hug Night Star

Will stay safe, although it's hard for me to keep my big mouth shut some times.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper
Blessings on you brother. I'll be lifting prayers for you and all those in this fight. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Thank goodness. I knew there were good hearted people in this country still that not only are willing to stand up for what is right, but can afford to go to such a cold place just as winter is hitting, and leave their jobs/ families temporarily or whatever other sacrifices they are making to do this. I certainly wish I was capable of doing as much as they are for my brothers and sisters in North Dakota.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

If Trump went there himself and stood at the front, personal security concerns be damned.
He'd instantly become a national hero, the MSM would implode from their inability to spin it, and all the liberal SJW idiots protesting his "racist xenophobic anti-semitic hate speech" would go into total shock.

Sadly, he won't because he's a supporter of oil and these pipelines. I'm afraid it's not going to be good for the Natives when he takes over.

Do you own a car or use any form of transportation other than walking?

Then you too are an "oil supporter".

How did all these agitators and rioters from the coasts get to the middle of nowhere?

I assure you oil was involved.

The NY terrorist blew off her own arm with the iEDs they were rigging using propane tanks from the oil industry.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What is happening is making me sick to my stomach. If only the soldiers attacking the protesters would turn around and point right back at the ones commanding them to do so! These soldiers are all brainwashed and have no concept of right and wrong. My only guess is that President Obama must have serious threats against him by a multitude of people not to say anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What do you think of your hero now?

fortune.com...

uh oh.....

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The NY terrorist blew off her own arm with the iEDs they were rigging using propane tanks from the oil industry.

Are you serious?

Pics or it didn't happen... where's your link to this claim?
edit on 26-11-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Are they using imminent domain or something to justify building the pipeline? What're the rules allowing them to build on a reservation?

What I find troubling is everybody would like to produce what we need without enabling countries like Saudi Arabia and without the pollution inherent in less regulated countries. But few if any are willing to take on the responsibility. It's not about native americans specifically. This happens in every community where big business tries to get ahead. We're starving business in our own coutnry while enabling gross negligence elsewhere.

Out of sight, out of mind. I guess that's what it's about. However, it's increasingly apparent the world is shrinking and more visible. So we're being forced to look at hte things we've long swept aside and hidden.

Trump says the job growth rate can go up more but I don't think it can with these attitudes so prevalent across america. People want a strong economy, but they're not willing to support it in reality.
edit on 11/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

"I do not take this action lightly, but have decided that it is required due to the concern for public safety and the fact that much of this land is leased to private persons for grazing and/or haying purposes as part of the Corps' land management practices. To be clear, this means that no member of the general public, to include Dakota Access pipeline protestors, can be on these Corps' lands."
guess the protestors have tell the 5th of december to clear out or the army corps of engineers are gonna clear out and arrest every one . guess they will have to protest in a "free speech area the engineers are setting up for them . dont really see this ending quietly or quickly

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Are you serious?

Pics or it didn't happen... where's your link to this claim?

bearingarms.com...
Law Enforcement received information that protesters were using one-pound propane cylinders as explosives and the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation with support from Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms recovered three of these propane canisters from the site of the explosion. Investigators also collected rocks and glass jars consistent with the design of Molotov cocktails that were used as weapons against law enforcement.

time.com... the explosion may had been caused by small propane tanks officials said protestors had set up to explode, according to the Associated Press.

www.snopes.com... Police blame Wilansky's injury on protesters. While we could not reach local law enforcement, the Morton County Sheriff's Department released a statement on Facebook on 23 November 2016, saying the injury was caused by an exploding propane canister that protesters were handling:

www.npr.org... propane tanks were recovered at the site and suggested demonstrators might have been intentionally puncturing them, to rig them to explode, the AP reports.

www.nbcnews.com... officers heard an explosion on the south side of the bridge and later recovered propane cylinders from the area, suggesting that protesters were rigging the canisters for explosives to use on officers.

Time will tell. The FBI has the fragments of shrapnel from her clothing and arm. If it comes back as the same metal from the 1 pound propane cans, no one will be able to give her a hand, and she won't have a leg to stand on. Besides the pipeline is not on Res property, it will follow along one that is all ready there. I find it sad that there were NO protests when the EPA blew up a reservoir in Colorado, contaminating water that flowed into New Mexico.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
What're the rules allowing them to build on a reservation?

What makes you claim they are building on a reservation?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Great post jonnywhite. These protestors need to gtfo and put their energy towards being productive members of society.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

fortune.com...

uh oh.....

what's a few extra million bucks to a billionaire?
is that all it would cost to reroute it and respect the wishes of a self determining people?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

originally posted by: olaru12

fortune.com...

uh oh.....

what's a few extra million bucks to a billionaire?
is that all it would cost to reroute it and respect the wishes of a self determining people?

actually if you read the article he has between 15,000 and 50,000 invested in that company down from a million he had in it last year.. So that would be like me trying to steal a penny from a homeless man instead of just ordering a pizza lol..

Obama definitely sides with the oil company so we already know the tune of government, we know Trump will be against the protests, since he supports anything that makes america rich again.

I don't know what will happen but have protests ever won against military style police? it must be crazy cold up there this time of year, seems like it's the time for police to really turn the screws on the protest..

scary times we live in..

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

In a statement to the Los Angeles Times, the sheriff’s department denied using concussion grenades and suggested the injury was caused by explosives allegedly used by protesters. The Medic and Healer Council responded, “These statements are refuted by Sophia’s testimony, by several eyewitnesses who watched police intentionally throw concussion grenades at unarmed people, by the lack of charring of flesh at the wound site, and by the grenade pieces that have been removed from her arm in surgery and will be saved for legal proceedings.”

theintercept.com...

This ^
As the doctors removed the fragments it'll certainly come out in the wash what kind of explosive device was used.

Since the Morton County sheriff has been removed from office and is facing multiple charges one of which was excessive militarization of his department I'm going to give the protectors the benefit of the doubt. Not to mention while I don't usually agree with protests gone violent, you have to ask yourself what was the sheriff's department doing bringing in war zone military equipment in the first place? Plus the obvious questionability of a county department being used without being asked on Corps of Engineers property?

This is very much a multifaceted event and I'm betting while neither party blameless, it's very clear this was a very disproportionate response by law enforcement. We didn't see this type of response in Ferguson despite attacks on law enforcement and property damage.

While you definitely don't agree with the protectors, at least acknowledge they are changing the way we look at our energy policy in the US.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

To do this, he would have to go to stop it and support/negotiate re-routing the pipeline. He will not go there without having some kind of action plan. He has the keys, and his stock in not enormous.

The negotiation for a re-route of the pipeline will involve a lot of money, but if he could pull this off, wow, a win that could pay off in triplicate.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Veterans without guns is like vehicles without wheels.

Its not going to get anyone anywhere. You cannot protect a protest from heavily armed and armoured stormtroopers, if all you have is a placard and a gas mask.

Why aren't the oathkeepers forming an armoured line to defend the protestors? I thought that was their bag.

because armed conflict greenlights the fed to really drop the hammer, this is nothing..

Think back to civil rights era, that is what is needed here, heavy handed actions will bring heavier reactions.

ETA: for the record I support the protestors, and think the fed is wrong... but armed resistance will lead to much more blood shed, because no matter how hard the protestors hit, the fed can hit harder.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join