It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Vets deploying to Standing Rock; Woman loses her arm and hundreds more injured

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The violence is reaching extreme levels as last week hundreds of people were injured after being shot at by rubber bullets, sprayed with water cannons in 29 degree temperatures and hit with concussion grenades. One woman lost her arm after being severely injured from a concussion grenade.

Just a warning, the story contains graphic images of her injuries.
Sophia Wilanski losers her arm

Here are a few links to stories of the violence the protesters are enduring from a militarized police force

Extreme scenes of violence video by NY Post

False balance of coverage by media

Violence at Standing Rock, inside the protests

There have been reports of up to 200 injuries last weekend and many more arrests, but some of those injuries were severe, like a report of a 13 year old child being shot in the head by a rubber bullet and many more horror stories.

And now, on December 5, the Army Corps of Engineers will be evicting one of the camps (the one near the recent outbreak of violence) due to their concerns for peoples safety. This will be happening one day after thousands of U.S. Veterans of all races and creeds will be descending on Standing Rock to protect the water protectors.

Here is the Facebook Page for this large developing movement, and don't forget to click through to the discussions. It is truly something to see how fast this thing is growing into something huge.
Veterans stand for Standing Rock

At first it appeared that it would be hundreds of Veterans, but now, they are rallying and coming from all over the country and it will number in the thousands. They are bringing some supplies along as well to aid in their defense of these unarmed peaceful protesters...

Come to Standing Rock Indian Reservation and hold the line with Wes Clark jr, Michael Wood jr, Tulsi Gabbard and hundreds of other veterans in support of the Sioux nation against the DAPL pipeline. Bring Body armor, gas masks, earplugs AND shooting mufflers (we may be facing a sound cannon) but no drugs, alcohol or weapons. Op Order to be published 10 November 2016.

With the thousands of veterans deployed and the planned action of eviction of the camp the next day, things might get out of hand. This may be what the Morton County Sheriff's Department has been waiting for... a reason to escalate the violence!

I hope and pray for the best possible outcome for all involved. I am planning on taking a trip out there on December 4, but not entirely sure yet, but if I do I will report live from the front lines for ATS!

Here is a link to the letter sent by the Army Corps of Engineers to the Standing Rock tribal chairman telling him of the eviction and asking for his help in getting the people to peacefully leave the area.

Camp being closed on December 5, day after veterans arrive

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I hope and pray for the best possible outcome for all involved.

Amen.

I am planning on taking a trip out there on December 4.

Good luck and God bless to you and everyone involved.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you Boadicea!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
More good news!

McKenzie County Sheriff Gary Schwartzenberger was placed on interim suspension Wednesday night, pending his removal from office, by Gov. Jack Dalrymple.

The governor ordered the interim suspension based on a recommendation from Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem after McKenzie County requested the sheriff be removed under a process available in state law.

The petition for removal was made by the county’s acting State’s Attorney Todd Schwarz on Oct. 24, alleging the sheriff is guilty of misconduct, malfeasance, crime in office, neglect of duty or gross incompetency. The county commission had voted in support of the petition for removal.

bismarcktribune.com...

This is long overdue, but I can't help but think he's being removed so someone else "more favored" can be installed as Sheriff. Using tear gas and rubber bullets for the offense of removing vehicles from a bridge is very much a disproportionate response. Moreover attacking Natives during Native American Month goes beyond the pale.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Veterans without guns is like vehicles without wheels.

Its not going to get anyone anywhere. You cannot protect a protest from heavily armed and armoured stormtroopers, if all you have is a placard and a gas mask.

Why aren't the oathkeepers forming an armoured line to defend the protestors? I thought that was their bag.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thank goodness. I knew there were good hearted people in this country still that not only are willing to stand up for what is right, but can afford to go to such a cold place just as winter is hitting, and leave their jobs/ families temporarily or whatever other sacrifices they are making to do this. I certainly wish I was capable of doing as much as they are for my brothers and sisters in North Dakota.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This is disgusting that it has gone this far. I know we need energy commodities, but in this case it seems so apparent that corporations are using goverment forces to strong arm a profit based solution to the detriment of citizens. They can't make thia right, no matter how many excuses they use..

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/26.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Its not going to get anyone anywhere. You cannot protect a protest from heavily armed and armoured stormtroopers, if all you have is a placard and a gas mask.

Why aren't the oathkeepers forming an armoured line to defend the protestors? I thought that was their bag.

Because by and large they're not really trying to get into a fight. They gotta work come Monday morning, man.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Will your reporting be unbiased and fair or just spouting more of the party line?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So what do you think will be the outcome?

Will the Trump the businessman ideology prevail over the people concerned about their clean water?

I think we both know the answer.....

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Then I what are they there for?

See, I respect the idea of peaceful protest, but those native folks are getting hammered, no one seems to want to help them, and the people who make the most noise about it are not interested in being effective.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My honest opinion? They like to play dress-up and play with their toys and get cool, badass quotes into the papers. They and 3%'ers are the epitome of the "soon!" meme.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sure but how popular will it be to start tear gassing and shooting vets..I know it's a sick thought that the natives wouldn't get the same outrage but unfortunately I think it so. Would it go unreported?
Im not an Obama hater but where the f is this clown?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Just like the other poster said, I don't think they are looking for a fight.. yet. I think it's more about forming a front line to take the assault from the milatirized police force so that unarmed peaceful citizens aren't shot with rubber bullets, flash banged, tear-gassed, freezed-out and batoned!

Plus, how's it going to look when an American police force aggressively assaults American veterans standing in unison in full uniform? It's show the true colors of these thugs (police).

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Will your reporting be unbiased and fair or just spouting more of the party line?

And what's the party line? I'm a dedicated conservative so I'm supposed to support the pipeline and the police... right? But instead, I will show the truth, just as so many already are. it's pretty hard denying what is happening. It doesn't matter what the hell the Natives are doing, they don't deserve what they are getting.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is just coming to me from a friend in the camp. The Natives are going to take back Turtle Hill at Noon today, in 35 minutes. She said it is a hill that the Natives have burial sites on and they had a little bridge there which the cops came and tore down and took it over so that they can watch over the camp. She said the cops have been surrounding the camp on all the hills so they can watch. This may turn into a major clash right now. Here is a picture she sent.

She said that there are constantly cops on all the hills with sniper rifles.

She is sending me more photos right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Please stay safe when you go Rez! Getting scary out there! I wish you and the Natives and all who are supporting them much luck and love! Hugs!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You know what'd really send shockwaves across the country?
If Trump went there himself and stood at the front, personal security concerns be damned.
He'd instantly become a national hero, the MSM would implode from their inability to spin it, and all the liberal SJW idiots protesting his "racist xenophobic anti-semitic hate speech" would go into total shock.

PRESIDENT TRUMP. DO IT. PLEASE.
edit on 11/26/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
You know what'd really send shockwaves across the country?
If Trump went there himself and stood at the front, personal security concerns be damned.
He'd instantly become a national hero, the MSM would implode from their inability to spin it, and all the liberal SJW idiots protesting his "racist xenophobic anti-semitic hate speech" would go into total shock.

PRESIDENT TRUMP. DO IT. PLEASE.

Somebody email this to his team.

edit on 11/26/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Please don't die if you do go.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join