It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution lets the electoral college choose the winner. They should choose Clinton.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I agree NY and CA do not represent all of America. All Americans represent all of America... And when you apply equal vote to all Americans, Hillary is the winner. The Electors when exercising that choice should recognize and vote in alignment with the American people's choice.

edit on 26-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie
They won't think like that. Don't you understand the psychology of the situation? These are not high-minded neutrals brought in from outside; they are fervent party enthusiasts. If they are electors in a Trump state, then they pretty certainly voted for Trump themselves.
Think about it. If you were a chosen Democrat elector, would anything induce you to be faithless?

edit on 26-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
He just makes these threads so he can repeat this strange sophistry that he's concocted.

They should just be ignored as spam, since its exactly the same thread over and over again.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
you having a laugh! not on your nelly!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThereforeTheMeh
Please stop promoting Civil War.

Why would there be a Civil War for electing the candidate who won the people's vote?

You make it sound like Republicans are crazy hypocrites. Come on... remember the last couple weeks? They can't stand protests and riots. That stuff is for Liberals. If each state elector exercised their Constitutional right to vote and Hillary was deemed winner, what grounds would there be for Civil War?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You know what the only genuinely good thing about Trumps presidency is going to be?

Unlike the last eight years, his administration will be OVERTLY right wing and disgusting, as opposed to being covertly right wing and hateful. Where his policies will destroy the lives of the working poor in all probability, and make it far too easy to earn money without doing any actual work (top one percent style), no one will be able to say they are surprised. When he takes away the money that prevents children and parents starving in the cars they are forced to live in, it will not be a surprise. When the richest soar ever higher, and those who make their money for them are paid ever less, it will not be a shock to anyone. That is what sensible and historically aware people expect will happen.

You know what you voted for, and you are going to get it.

With Hillary, all you know is that her plan is known to her, her public persona is not going to tell you a damn thing about it, and no matter what she says about unity, you know her only interest will be serving the same corporate bodies that Trump will pander to, except she will do it in direct opposition to the ideals of the party she is part of, where as Trump will pander to these people with everyone in full understanding of the fact, that you could expect nothing more or less from him.

Hillary is no better a choice for president than Trump is. She is just differently corrupt, differently disgusting, differently morally retarded than he is. But they are BOTH scum, unfit to lick the boots of the lowliest, homeless bum, leave alone lead a nation of the scale and importance of the United States of America. If the Electoral College want to make a choice other than the one which has been put forward already, then to make a choice which is not as harmful as Trump, they would have to shoehorn Bernie in, because replacing Trump with Clinton is like replacing a nerve gas with an acid cloud. They are both ugly things, which destroy life. They just do it differently.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think that's a bit cynical... and I also think you inadvertently drank a little of the right-wing "Hillary is evil and corrupt" Kool-Aid. She's no where near as bad as they pretend she is. They HAVE to drag her image down into the mud to try to make Trump look on the level. For all their public stripping of Clinton, they really didn't find much. She is far better than Trump. And she was the choice of the people by over 2.1 million votes. I'm saying... uphold equal citizenship.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Shes a warmongering cow.

I assembled that view of her on my own, and quite some time ago. Her reaction to the bayonet sodomy death of a world leader was... informative.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
They won't think like that. Don't you understand the psychology of the situation? These are not high-minded neutrals brought in from outside; they are fervent party enthusiasts. If they are electors in a Trump state, then they pretty certainly voted for Trump themselves.
Think about it. If you were a chosen Democrat elector, would anything induce you to be faithless?

Not all of them. Not most of them... All it takes is a few...

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Change the rules so you can win the game. That's just not how this works. How many threads and how many times must it be repeated?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's not changing the rules. The Electoral College was not designed to undermine the principle of "one man, one vote". It was designed to protect the country against a mob vote that went against democratic values, or a massive voter fraud. It's a fail safe, not the master dictator that many have come to think of it as. In the VERY RARE instances when the electoral vote does not match the popular vote, it is on the Electors to decide if it is necessary to veto the vote of the people, by defying the Popular Vote and choosing a President, not elected by the People--- or uphold those basic democratic principles of one person, one vote.

There is no reason that Electors should see the vote for Hillary as anything less than a reasoned vote in alignment with our democratic values. For the Electoral College to vote Trump would be to break the very thing it was designed to protect.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

So then show me the proof. Breakdown by electorate where they are voting against the people.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Trump won over 30 states by winning the popular vote in those states.

The Warmonger won 18 or something like that by winning the popular vote in those states.

Your scheme goes against the desires of the majority of America to have Trump as President.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Hillary Clinton is the winner of the popular vote by over 2 million votes. She's it. The people of The United States voted and she won. For her to not become President of the United States, would mean the Electors effectively 'vetoed' the vote of the American people by voting in someone else as President.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Where people voted matters. For all I know those 2 mil could be in California alone.

Popular vote D O E S N O T M A T T E R, that's why we have the EC.
You have been explained this in quite a few threads not, IDK why you aren't grasping it. Most voters know the rules.

Example. How many (R)'s stayed home in NY and CA because they know their vote wouldn't swing the state?

Keep kicking this dead horse. Until they find fraud or voting miscalculations, these threads just sound desperate. The EC is doing exactly what it was designed to do.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Over 7 million votes have now been discovered are all fraudulent to help Hillary. 4 million illegal aliens and 3 million dead people voted, all for Hillary of course.
Trump won the popular vote based on that. It's only wishful thinking that Hillary won the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: Profusion

I couldn't give a crap what the supreme court said! They also said that Obamacare is not a tax. Sure they can be faithless, but they are being faithless to their home state. Do you think that the people in that state wont make them pay for their insubordination? There are also fines and penalties for being faithless.

This thread is a dupe and should be closed.

Everything I'm suggesting is not only Constitutional but also in accordance with our basic fundamental principles of democracy. One man one vote. The Electoral College was not designed to undermine the people's vote. It was designed as a fail safe. The fail safe is not needed. The People's vote should stand. Electors should stand with the American people's vote.
edit on 26-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

The Electoral College was not designed to undermine the people's vote.

Prove this in regards to the states please.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Reading all these similar posts reminds me of brexit here in the UK with all those who voted to remain trying everything they can to prevent us leaving the EU or to get another vote. Difference I guess is the popular vote here did win. Either way it's pathetic that people go against systems that have been in place for hundreds of years just because it didn't go their way for once. If it was the other way round and trump had the popular vote but Hilary won then I assume those complaining would be saying the electoral collages should elect trump even if they were Hillary supporters? I seriously doubt it! If one day we did end up with a one world government would everyone prefer a system of a vote per country or by popular vote as the latter would basically allow China & India to dictate who was elected. Now would that be fair?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm starting to think all the ATS mods are blind or just can't read.
How much longer???

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join