It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roland Martin interview with Richard Spencer of the Alt Right.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Members of the National Policy Institute held their national conference in Washington, D.C. this weekend. The group has been broadly referred to as part of the Alt-Right and the positions they embrace align with White Nationalism, White Supremacy, and downright racism

A lively discussion between Ronald Martin and Richard Spencer of the Alt Right, the vid touches on such topics as to whether or not Asians are unfairly overly represented in Silicon valley, who gets to be a true American, who built America, even who created civilization such as Kemet aka Egypt (y'all know my stance on that one..
) )it's a 32 min long vid but since the Alt right is now the flavor of the month and a lot of folks are looking at what their influence would or could be on the new administration it might worth your 1/2 hr.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
damn it, every time i see a roland martin article I start lookin foward to reading about bass fishing...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I've only watched the first 6 minutes so far. Just wanted to point out that when Spencer claimed there were only about 5 people doing the Nazi salute and Martin asked to play the video in order to prove him wrong... Spencer was correct.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Holy crap he did it again at 18:30... LOL!!!

So far Spencer doesn't even have to try because Martin keeps making a fool of himself.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Okay, just finished the video. In my opinion, Martin is just as (if not more) racist than Spencer. The difference is, Martin came off as a hateful rage-filled racist with an axe to grind whereas Spencer is more of a textbook racist who believes certain traits correlate to certain races.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Okay, just finished the video. In my opinion, Martin is just as (if not more) racist than Spencer. The difference is, Martin came off as a hateful rage-filled racist with an axe to grind whereas Spencer is more of a textbook racist who believes certain traits correlate to certain races.

Hate full rage?? ..against whom?? a Nazi who, believed that they are being oppressed by minorities , when in fact he have nothing to back that up, he showed him and his supporters are empty suits when faced with facts and figures.

Personally I think Roland was a media shill for Hillary, but that's beside the point of this thread, he pinned him every time, Spencer couldn't even articulate consistently about whether or not Asians are deserving of their representation in Silicon Valley due to their tendency to pursue certain subjects or corporations although mainly white owned willfully screw over talented white ppl from those jobs, after all these years the vaunted merit system goes out the window...

Now my personal favorite, a white supremacist (for that's what he is) wanting to make claims on a long dead African civilization, simply because it was inspirational and continue to do so to this date.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Now my personal favorite, a white supremacist (for that's what he is) wanting to make claims on a long dead African civilization, simply because it was inspirational and continue to do so to this date.

My favorite part was Martin's response to that. He said that while black people were building pyramids, white people were still living in caves... 2 minutes later he says to Spencer... "your people had a head start". LOL

Seriously, thanks for this. Hell I might even look into this Alt-right movement now.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

My favorite part was Martin's response to that. He said that while black people were building pyramids, white people were still living in caves... 2 minutes later he says to Spencer... "your people had a head start". LOL

Seriously, thanks for this. Hell I might even look into this Alt-right movement now.

He is talking within the context of the U.S.A by then, btw, that thing about white ppl living in caves that's a catch carry phrase I wish ppl especially blk ppl would stop using, it's dumb , for all humans made use of caves for much of our history.. he lost points for that.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I don't know what you guys watched ... But the first few minutes I got the complete opposite of what you all are saying.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Ah, the Alt right guy again. Did you see his recent white power speech, Nazi hand salutes and all!

The guy is a Neo Nazi.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There are two Alt-Rights.

One is more accurately described as the New Right. These people like to wear MAGA hats, create memes and have fun. They include whites, blacks, asians, latinos, gays and everyone else. These are the people who helped Trump win the election.

The other faction likes to fester in the dark corners of social media and obsess about jews, racial supremacy and hitler. This is a tiny fringe minority. They had no impact on the election.

Guess which faction the media is giving all the attention to?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
There are two Alt-Rights.

One is more accurately described as the New Right. These people like to wear MAGA hats, create memes and have fun. They include whites, blacks, asians, latinos, gays and everyone else. These are the people who helped Trump win the election.

The other faction likes to fester in the dark corners of social media and obsess about jews, racial supremacy and hitler. This is a tiny fringe minority. They had no impact on the election.

Guess which faction the media is giving all the attention to?

Huh?? ,not that I don't believe you but could you source some info on that, this is a first for me as I think for most others.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hmm. For all the drama over this guy, this is actually the first time I heard this guy for more than some paragraph someone posted.

Roland handled himself pretty well I suppose, especially going into it assuming that the dude a total NeoNazi (I presume). His slant was definitely showing too. He could have let the dude express his ordeal a bit better. Could have been a lot worse too.

I will say this whole idea that if white people are proud of who they are / their heritage, and try to talk about their race / heritage, that it in pretty much any form is to be smeared as 'kahkahkah', I think that's insane. I think that's the same kind of evil as actual white SUPREMACY, because that kind of attitude is itself rooted in SUPREMACY. And it's this very SUPREMACY that has invented people like him, and Red Ice, etc. I dont know enough about those two "Alt-Right" examples to judge if they really are supremacists, and I dont really care quite frankly (its not like I actually 'support' them)... as those two examples are all about mass social identity just the same as apparently the vast majority of liberals these days, that much is sure (and all of this mass social group identity tribalism stuff I find tiresome and irritating).

So far the bulk of what I've heard these people are talking about is logical. That hail stuff, well that's retarded. And there it is, this stuff is gradients towards that SUPREMACY stuff. Stuff I believed was and still is (for now...) marginalized. Whereas, as many people around here have been underscoring, the left jumping through hoops to bring these people to light and give them a platform is quite perplexing and bizarre. The conspiracy theorist in me sometimes questions if the secret liberal agenda isn't to bring it back full circle again, via a Long Con, its so odd at times lately. But of course, I believe the real agenda is this "Social Group Warfare" (SGW) to get the white factions out front strong again so all the groups can duke it out perpetual, thus feeding the perpetual news cycle, and keeping everyone ever more distracted from the "true Patriarchy" (TPTB / NWO / whatever).

Still playing it... Roland cant quit about this 'The Patriarchy' style concept that since whites dominate CEO type positions it means that with all the other jobs white are supposed to eat crap for it in hiring / etc. That kind of purely racist outlook and logic and implies a cultural war where there isnt inherently one (yet it has now created one just the same). Consider, that when a CEO closes a factory and ships it out of state on down to Mexico, doesn't do any of the white there any good. Also consider, if 100% of the people on the floor in Wall Street, it doesn't change my life in any way whatsoever. Buying and selling shares, speculating on gas etc futures... dig this: when those scumbags manipulate the gas prices like they did in 2008, my niche industry was amongst the first to fall (and is never to return).

They shut down the economy, and we're all screwed together. That's what the liberal minds cant seem to fathom. And look what it did to the Occupy Movement. They had great idea, and showed great resolve in marching down there and managing a protest perpetually and nonviolently. Yet they failed miserably on the Unity thing and that very mismanagement brought it down. Instead of making it all about the 'enemy' being the 'CEO Class', they said 'hey they are white and that means we need to make a new anti-white social movement'. And they began it on the ground out there. SJW'ism (the NeoNazi's ugly cousin) was born, and now we have a damn race war running hot this year.

I've noticed some leftists blame the media for Trump, for 'making him', saying things like "and they'll never own it". Well guess what, this Alt-Right is their invention: the SJW movement and its many tenets that have sought to marginalize whites and it has created a solidarity. Like them, this AltRight insurgence has been 'leadrung' by the MSM etc fountainheads as a result. But also propagated by the little people marching to the SJW tune, no less. Whatever comes of all this, the MSM & SJW minions all need to own it. May they let up, and this stuff fade off. I cant see it happening any time soon as the left have doubled down on this stuff the past month. [In the context of how I mentioned Trump here, the MSM perpetually demonized him and all the coverage they devoted to him to that end didn't work,he got elected, and therefore it effectively backfired.]

I look back and see a sweet spot in our history in the last decade, where people were at least by and large treating each other with fairness and dignity, and now all I see is increasing animosity on every side threatening that kind of utopia.

And that was pretty well represented in this interview, as the mass social group identity tribalism was on full display by both Martin & Spencer, and none of that is going to create a utopia.

edit on 26-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Roland Martin eh, he's on my "Negro Whisperers" list, you know one of those black people the news turn to that is considered a voice. A misguided voice but a voice.

I will watch this Spider, thanks for the heads up.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Slow clap

Both sides are being whipped up into a frenzy by the media. No utipia indeed with this kind of thinking.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Regarding the Nazi salutes - "It was a moment of exuberance [...] in fun, in jest." What happened to fist pumps or waving arms?

A lot of morons still support the Nazi ideals because they're morons and can't help it. Spencer's smart enough to *try* to hide his beliefs behind words. He's still too dumb to know how transparent he is...or chooses to be.

Martin should learn when to be quiet too. From 13 minutes I wanted to hear Spencer's views and he was constantly interrupted. Spencer was about to explicitly lay out his views and should have been left alone to do it. It sounded like he views all non-whites as something like livestock to be exploited. Non-whites never did anything good if it wasn't for 'Europeans' and anything bad they've done is because they're not 'Europeans.'

Guy's an idiot.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This interview was just filled with non sense honestly and the white nationalist wasn't very informed. First off the out of africa theory isnt correct, isnt fact and is a theory. Second the nazi salute is no different then the closed fist raised in terms of political correctness if people can openly state black power and raise their fist other people should be able to do the same.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

To acknowledge the differences is NOT racist. What is racist is not allowing studies to be done anymore to determine cognitive differences because some folks are afraid they won't like the results in their EVERYONE is EQUAL world.

EVERYONE has the same civil rights now. Moreover, black folks get points added to their college entrance exams as well as are the beneficiaries of a racist system called Affirmative Action. Hate crime is an enhancement to crimes that is only applied when the perp is white and the victim (TM) is of a "protected class.")

The real problem is that the left wants equality of outcomes, regardless of ability.

But when you get a city, company or governmental body that is over 40 percent black, failure is guaranteed. Google "DC Metro all black" to see what happens when the lazy and parasitic are put in charge of something. Also google Milwaukee Charter School Criminals and you'll see the same thing - criminals opening and "running" schools and getting millions in funding even with their criminal history.

If a certain segment of the population would spend nearly as much time trying to better themselves instead of studying how to game the system we;d all be better off. But some people don't want to be "told what to do!" because slavery or some crap.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: thegeneraldisarray

To acknowledge the differences is NOT racist. What is racist is not allowing studies to be done anymore to determine cognitive differences because some folks are afraid they won't like the results in their EVERYONE is EQUAL world.

The subtext of your post seems sympathetic to our Nazi friend in the video. You're both suggesting white folk are better than black folk.

A problem with your idea about testing 'cognitive differences' is that of differentiation. How would you define the samples? Are you thinking of someone being mainly African in lineage? If so, you should know there are genetic differences between the regions of Africa.

Are you aware that most white people have mixed genes with African and Middle Eastern markers? There are few, if any, 'pure' whites to begin with. Then we have the mixed races and how would you categorise them for cognitive testing?

If you wanted to have a pure white as a benchmark, you'd have to establish what 'pure' means. Added to that is the fact that intelligence runs across a bell curve. Your 'pure' white sample might not represent the cleverest whites. Your 'pure' African sample might represent the smartest.

No doubt, you're well aware of the effects of environment on the individual? That's something your testing would have to address. The typical levels of intelligence ('cognitive functioning') would need to be qualitatively comparable. A white academic from an upper-class borough and with generations of comfort in their heritage wouldn't be comparable to someone who's been raised poor. Dietary differences are key too.

None of the above points are politically left or right; I'm just pointing out some flaws in your reasoning.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Spencer couldn't even articulate consistently about whether or not Asians are deserving of their representation in Silicon Valley

How could Martin even make that argument with a straight face after pointing to the disproportionate amount of white congressional staffers and calling it racism?

Also if there is no such thing as race, then there's no such thing as racism either. Can't have it both ways.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join