It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The holiday hole. Cards against Humanity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Somewhere here in America, the Cards Against Humanity team is digging a hole to celebrate the holiday.

holidayhole.com...

Live stream at source.

Wasting tens of thousands of dollars that could go to a cause, burning thousands of gallons of fuel. Wasting precious energy, further destroying our planet- for just about no reason what-so-ever.

On the bright side, rather than paying a multinational corporation that uses slave labor to manufacture trinkets which are then shipped across the world just to wind up in a landfill a few months later, some of this money goes to a presumably local construction firm- and into the pockets of those workers.

Good, bad, or ugly--- I'm not sure anymore. But from where I sit, it's a pretty accurate visual representation of the rabid consumerism we see every year. Just waste more resources, Cards Against Humanity- Those of us who have lost all faith in the future of our species salute you.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

So they're just going to dig a big hole and keep digging as long as people keep donating money to them to dig a whole for no reason at all???

Do I have this correct???

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What a great scam money making idea! I love it.

It's entirely victimless since those sending the money know they are getting nothing but a chuckle in return. Kind of like paying $1,000 to see a bad play or spending thousands to go on a vacation from hell, just because vacation.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Wasting tens of thousands of dollars that could go to a cause, burning thousands of gallons of fuel. Wasting precious energy, further destroying our planet- for just about no reason what-so-ever.

From their FAQ:

Why aren’t you giving all this money to charity?

Why aren’t YOU giving all this money to charity? It’s your money.

As far as i can tell, donating to the cause is not mandatory.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Are you not entertained!?

Just think, people actually donated to this!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I was invited to the play that card game lately. Interesting how it poked fun at Dick Cheney, Romney, etc. the NeoCons.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Depending on location of the hole, it could be well spent.

Certainly more productive than spending money on an election recount.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Somewhere here in America, the Cards Against Humanity team is digging a hole to celebrate the holiday.

holidayhole.com...

Live stream at source.

On the bright side, rather than paying a multinational corporation that uses slave labor to manufacture trinkets which are then shipped across the world just to wind up in a landfill a few months later, some of this money goes to a presumably local construction firm- and into the pockets of those workers.

Good, bad, or ugly--- I'm not sure anymore. But from where I sit, it's a pretty accurate visual representation of the rabid consumerism we see every year. Just waste more resources, Cards Against Humanity- Those of us who have lost all faith in the future of our species salute you.

Now that's funny.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Last year they did the same thing only for your donation you got, nothing.

Yep. They promised nothing to people and still got donations.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I would ask if this was an effing joke but the live streamed excavation is proof otherwise. This is one of THE STUPIDEST THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.
Me thinks someone just had equipment lying around not making profit, with finance payments due on them, decided they need to recoup some of the loss....gullible people with money makes the world go round...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Perhaps I'm in the wrong business.

new topics

top topics

join