It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump the first atheist Prez?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

In the United States , according the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution , a Persons Faith is Between themselves and God . In other words , it's Really Not something another person could Demand to know from another .

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

In the United States , according the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution , a Persons Faith is Between themselves and God . In other words , it's Really Not something another person could Demand to know from another .

And yet a persons Religious Faith is one of the key principles (whether accurate or not) that people use to elect our president. Religious leaders everywhere demand that their congregations Vote their Faith and meddle with politics on a massive scale.

So while that may be Constitutional to exclude ones faith as part of the process, everyone has ignored that and even promoted the opposite of it for as long as this nation has existed.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
a reply to: Teikiatsu
I've never understood this dumb argument. Where were his "muslim sympathies" when drone striking weddings in Yemen and Pakistan?

Powerful people only worship the almighty dollar.

Sympathies doesn't mean he doesn't recognize bad guys. It means he has a bias.

“The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam”

“The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”

“We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my own country.”

“Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.”

“Islam has always been part of America”

“we will encourage more Americans to study in Muslim communities”

“These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.”

LOL

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Exactly, that's what I'm curious about.

He's a smart guy who could lie convincingly about religion if he wanted to. He doesn't tho.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
From the National Prayer Breakfast on Feb. 6, 2009

“I was not raised in a particularly religious household. I had a father who was born a Muslim but became an atheist, grandparents who were non-practicing Methodists and Baptists, and a mother who was skeptical of organized religion, even as she was the kindest, most spiritual person I’ve ever known. She was the one who taught me as a child to love, and to understand, and to do unto others as I would want done.

“I didn’t become a Christian until many years later, when I moved to the South Side of Chicago after college. It happened not because of indoctrination or a sudden revelation, but because I spent month after month working with church folks who simply wanted to help neighbors who were down on their luck no matter what they looked like, or where they came from, or who they prayed to. It was on those streets, in those neighborhoods, that I first heard God’s spirit beckon me. It was there that I felt called to a higher purpose — His purpose.”

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
No, I still think Obama is a closet atheist with muslim sympathies.

Trump has had a spiritual adviser for at least a decade. She convinced him that 2012 was not the time to try running for President.

Sadly, Mother Cleo died before she could spare us all a Trump presidency.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Well, he's convinced an awful lot of Christians that he's on their team hasn't he.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh yeah? He believes in God:himself-come to save America. He already resides in Heaven:Trump Tower, looking down on all creations and the peons.*

*An analogy never-the-less

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I'm not asking what he thinks. I'm asking what everyone else thinks based on what he's already said.

I'm not trying to convince anyone about his faith or lack thereof. No one wins an argument with facts and it's a pointless venture anyway. I'm just surprised that a person of faith can't see through it and am curious if I'm the one seeing things wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Well, he's convinced an awful lot of Christians that he's on their team hasn't he.

That's what I'm not sure of.
You're a christian and you don't buy it.

I'm surprised that any do, and you guys believe in talking snakes.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

No, I'm not a Christian.

But I can see through his BS all the same. So can most people from what I can tell.

However, there are many Christians who can't. Or possibly won't because they've been told to be blinded to it or simply choose to be blind to it.

Christian Leaders/Talking Heads especially all claim him to be something akin to a Saint and Chosen by God himself which is even more crazy.

I see it as Exposing Religion as the Fraud it is while at the same time being an insult to Religion at the same time. It shows Religious leaders as the lying peddlers and con men that I've always seen them to be as well. The fact that so many follow their lies irritates the hell out of me too. But it's also pretty much what I expected from them anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Thanks for that, that explains a lot.

I don't buy the 2nd paragraph, or 2 paragraph in honor of trump, but the first shows he's probably got agnostic leanings at least.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

No, I'm not a Christian.

My apologies, I gotta stop reading between the lines. The real stuff is always on the lines.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

That speech is Obama's Speech, not Trumps.

I put that there to oppose the Obama is a Muslim idea.

Sorry if it caused confusion.
edit on 25-11-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Ahhh, my bad.

Only an uneducated fool would even think to attribute that to Trump.

But here I am with limited faculties and still can't believe Trump's faith.
I can't understand how other's can.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What I dont get then going by some posts, is the deceased vote. I imagine a good chunk of em were Christian. Why did they 100% vote Clinton ?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I don't understand how anyone could think he's being honest about his faith either.

Which is why a lot of those Religious Talking Heads have had to sell it using different methods than usual. Because even they can clearly see that trying to sell Trump as Religious is almost impossible for anyone with even the minimum brain capacity.

So they're selling him by pointing out how God always uses the most unlikely and horrible people to do things. Like he'll use a whore or a thief or whatever. That God chooses these unlikely characters to be his mouthpiece.

Basically they'll justify it however they can which is what the bible and Religion is great at. Regardless of the situation they'll always find some way to justify their agenda. Even if it contradicts their justification they used in the past for the same thing. They have "interpretation" on their side when it comes to justify anything.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Donald J. Trump is a Professed Presbyterian . One of his Hobbies is Collecting Christian Bibles . You should do a little Research before Supposing Anything about the Man .

And his favorite part in all those bibles is TWO CORINTHIANS...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I still don't believe people buy it.

He got the anarchist vote, he got the republican vote, he got the Bernie vote.

Has he just played everyone?
Congrats to him if he has, the other option was worse but if he has just played everyone it's a masterclass.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

He played a lot of people obviously.

Do they honestly believe his BS??? Some I'm sure do. Who knows exactly what the numbers are.

But he promised a lot of things. How many do you think he'll deliver on????

When he doesn't deliver on them, do you think it will matter or do you think people will just take it in the ass like always???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join