It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

delivering pizza......ever done it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have delivered pizzas for Dominoes, and Hungry Howies long ago. To be honest, it is one of the most fun jobs I ever had, simply because you are out on the road alone without any management on your butt. When it gets slow, they will make you clean things inside the store and help out making Pizza's. It was usually busy enough though where I was hardly ever in the store and time really flew fast.

On a side note, it doesn't pay that much, depending, and there is alot of wear and tear on your vehicle. The only negatives I can think of, besides maybe the risk of being robbed but that seems rare.

ETA: Others mentioned Uber. I don't know much about it but give it a look.
edit on 25-11-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

2 thinks to have ` boxed off ` before you touch a single piza :

1 - insurance on the vehicle - this is a commercial enterprise - your basic insurance policy will be void

2 - tax on earnings - will the piza place pay your tax and deduct it from your pay - or do you have to file your own taxes ?

if you is happi on both those - then go for it - what can possibly go wrong ?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Never done it, but I will tell about my old pizza dude. He was great with being on time, always positive, real cool. He didn't know much about cars so I would change his oil once a month for a free pizza. After a couple months he needed struts, no problem, we banged em out on a Saturday in 2 hours. 6 months later he was coming by every night to help wrench on cars and learned alot. One year later he was working in my buddies shop, turning wrenches, making 18$ an hour. Last time I called my buddy, I asked how dude worked out- he said he just made him manager of the shop and he's being paid to go to ase school. You never know who's on the receiving end of that pizza- could be the start of a new career. Best of luck to you.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Its the best job. Super easy. Everyone is stoked when you bring them a pizza. Just watch out for cops and avoid speeding tickets.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Never delivered Pizzas, but I knew a few guys who did. They actually liked the job. The company had a little car plastered with pizza stickers that they had to drive to deliver. It was kind of cute. I asked the one if it had good traction and he said you learn what way to go to areas, I guess it was not that good in the winter but if you knew different ways to get around it was ok.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yeah...many years ago. Now a days...it not really safe, depending on where you live. We've had (a common ploy) orders called into an empty house, the driver gets there, and guys jump out of the bushes-wherever...and rob the driver. And take the pizza(s)...

Its a job with a lot of freedom..and usually free food at work. Good luck...just be safe and aware of your surroundings...and get a map, and app for phone, and some kind of GPS. I wish I had those when I delivered. You can see exactly where to go and how to get there the quickest.

MS
edit on 25-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: splchk

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
yes i used to deliver the pizzas with a hole in the middle...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Your wife sounds like a real woman. Step up and do whats needed to maintain the household.
Give her props for that.

And you, too.

Im sure its not the most glamorous job. But i bet if you hustle you can earn.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

great point on the insurance. Depending on the state, it could be a major deal in a tragedy.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

and app for phone, and some kind of GPS

Definitely. I never had either when I drove.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am delivery man. But 250 mile radius. 4 to 12. Very anti social job. I am a loner so its ok.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yep. Was a second job after shift at an Auto Mechanic gig. About 8 months worth back in the early 90s. I enjoyed it somewhat but I was younger then.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I did it for a while back in the day.

One piece of advice is to pay attention to your foot on the gas peddle, you're going to want to speed things along when Fridays and Saturdays have you running around like a chicken with your head cut off.

I can't count how many speeding tickets I ended up with during that time... and a two-year extension added onto my probation on my driver's license (I was 16 and just got my license that year).

Otherwise, it's a pretty decent job. You get to puff your brains out (if you're a smoker) and drink/eat to your heart's content while you're driving from one delivery to the next. You're in your car more than you're at the restaurant waiting for orders to be put together (except for on slow nights, then you'll be helping around the restaurant).

And the tips are pretty darned good, you'll go home with a nice sized pocket of change, particularly on the weekends.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

My friend average like $11 an hour. She has a beater car. It's her second job, she has a job during the day and works this about 20 hours a week for extra. Whatever happens, I hope it works out for you.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
wow ya life can be hard at times. And it's amazing how quickly things in life can change. I'm kinda in the same boat in some ways. Trying to figure out how to make a living.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I've done it, when I was a teen. Was cooking and delivering (in my little Baja Bug). It was not bad work to do- I liked seeing people when I delivered, and I enjoyed cooking.

I think if I did it now, I would find the income too low, and would feel sort of humiliated by such a job I tend to think of as for young people. Two days ago, I got a pizza delivered and the guy was in his fifties... I actually found myself wondering how he ended up doing that at his age. I immediately felt bad for the thought. He did his job much better than a kid could have- he was on time, polite, helpful.... I gave him a big tip and was appreciative of his service.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

If you're not afraid of hard work there is another very simple way to make money. I know this might seem odd but, well I'll give you 2 ideas. They're both hard work but I know that there is money in them both.

1) Get a small pickup truck. With that you can do a million and one services. Junk removal, moving, and deliveries just to name a few.

2) get a carpet cleaning unit. Like a ninja. (google ninja carpet cleaner). Or you can buy a used rug doctor for cheap. so you get one of those. It will cost you at least 500 bucks for a used one. But then with that you can start doing carpet cleaning. you just load it in your car and you drive around and do people's carpets. You earn about 50 bucks an hour.

Both of these you just take out ads on craigslist and other similar sites. As many as you can find. Just keep the prices really low and competitive and people will call. The reason is that just moves alone, 1% of people in your town or city move every month. So out of 100,000 , ...1000 are moving so those all need cleaning. Plus all the home owners who just want their rugs done from time to time. Plus resturants, offices, churches etc etc etc. I mean there's a lot of opportunity there. Like you can make so so money. but it is very hard work. Very! But if you're not affraid of hard work those are a couple of things I know that you could do. Or maybe window capping. That's another one. I don't know. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I've done it, when I was a teen. Was cooking and delivering (in my little Baja Bug). It was not bad work to do- I liked seeing people when I delivered, and I enjoyed cooking.

I think if I did it now, I would find the income too low, and would feel sort of humiliated by such a job I tend to think of as for young people. Two days ago, I got a pizza delivered and the guy was in his fifties... I actually found myself wondering how he ended up doing that at his age. I immediately felt bad for the thought. He did his job much better than a kid could have- he was on time, polite, helpful.... I gave him a big tip and was appreciative of his service.

i felt a touch of that for about 5 seconds. nothing humiliating about working to feed your people though.
# man if i can make the right kind of money i will do it for the long haul

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i felt a touch of that for about 5 seconds. nothing humiliating about working to feed your people though.
# man if i can make the right kind of money i will do it for the long haul

I agree wholeheartedly. I took a job as a cook in a hospital kitchen for a few years. It was close to home, we needed money, and I wasn't too confident in my written french.. and my husband put a lot of pressure on me to take it. I actually hated the looks I'd get from the doctors, who were mostly friends of ours, when they started to see me in security shoes and hair net.
It bothered me, I felt like no one could relate to the honor in taking a crappy job rather than stay on welfare at home.
In the states, I think people have more recognition of that.

I found I actually liked the cook job - I ended up staying three years (only left when a physical problem got in the way).
You might find it more fulfilling than you expected!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

im an ageist, obviously, but when someone who is obviously an adult carrying world of adult problems delivers pizza to my house, they get a much, much better tip than the teenage kid doing it for party money.

I've worked some pretty tough jobs to feed the family before, and totally get how situations can leave you having to step twice as much to do anything.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join