It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France: woman killed in retirement home attack near Montpellier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

A woman has been killed after a man burst into a retirement home for African missionaries near Montpellier in southern France. Police say he was wearing a mask and armed with a knife and a sawn-off shotgun. He tied the woman up before stabbing her at the “Chênes verts” (“Green Oaks”) home in Montferrier-sur-Lez. The reason for the attack is not known. Police have said there is NO EVIDENCE of a terrorist motive at this stage. According to the AFP news agency, the woman worked at the home. Around 60 residents were taken to safety. The attacker is still at large. A large security perimeter has been put into place around the home and special police units are on site. The home is a residence for people from the Society of African Missions (SMA), a community of European, African and Asian Catholic missionaries which has around 1,000 members. The home itself houses around 60 former missionaries as well as six or seven lay members and a similar number of nuns.

Link

I am writing this because i saw this report early in the morning in the german news(not a very good news channel, but one that shows only news) and wondered. How could it be that a murder in france is not instantly declared as a terror attack on this channel. Don´t forget, the state of emergency in france, with which ruling is that easy, wants to be expanded! But i thought to myself that i just have to wait several hours and it will turn into first a possible, then a terror attack. Now i watched news again, same channel, same murder, but now there is the term terror used several times in this report...

Then i checked the web, first with the terms "France knife attack" only, checked the last 24hrs, and found at first the above euronews article.
Adding the terms "terror attack", i found the following reports:

Montpellier 'terror attack': Recap updates after gunman bursts into retirement home for monks and takes hostages
mirror.co.uk

Masked intruder armed with a knife and sawn-off shotgun takes 70 monks hostage at a French retirement home and stabs a female care worker to death before fleeing anti-terror cops
dailymail.co.uk

Mention the sources! Fearmongering from the UK. Wasn´t it the UK that passed the hardest big brother law of the western world some days ago? Wouldn´t maybe work if the people aren´t scared enough...

Now i am going to wait till tonight, check everything again, and i bet it is a terror attack then.
Because it can´t ever be that maybe a formerly molested(as a child) or exploited or betrayed person took revenge, or similiar. Never ever, because missionaries all are angels, without any exception...
No, it is for sure a muslim, and for sure a terror attack, if a woman gets murdered, if nobody left typically his passport, nobody screamed Allahu Akbar, nobody weared or left the typical IS flag, but let´s wait till tonight...

edit on 25 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
You are SO right! These newspapers are on the top spot in Europe for fearmongering, hating on immigrants and pointing to other countries for their mishaps.

At least that is the impression I got from them.

Want to know how BAD IT IS IN GERMANY REALLY?
Look in the Dailymail...

Seriously, I don't care anymore for anything coming from those sources.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
In the current BBC report a French prosecutor is reported to have said the attack is not linked to "Islamic militancy".

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The MSM loves to cherry pick when they use the word or when they excuse the crime as merely a deranged individual to push their own agendas

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Want to know how BAD IT IS IN GERMANY REALLY?
Look in the Dailymail...

That´s exactly how it is. Or let those living in the US explain us how Europe is, how Germany is, how life and reality in Germany is.
Like Breitbart for example, spreading this following video in the USA:

And people in the rednecklands, that never left those rural areas, never learned more about history than the names of all POTUS and all capitols of every US state, will believe that stuff and become "concerned and enraged"...

I am not that guy that runs around and films and photographs everything, that would make me feel like a part of big brother. But if i would have a GoPro cam, mounted somewhere in my clothes, almost invisible, i would record every step i do within 1km around the biggest mosque in germany, that almost nobody cares about except some cultists from yesterday, same about all the churches. Some people even think that this mosque is a little nuclear power plant. It´s just there and nobody cares about it. And there are no such pictures like in the "Open Gates" video.
Which is made from thousands of little snippets that could be from everywhere, and some snippets are cut to appear completely in the wrong context, like Gysi´s words.

That´s what people call post-factual times!
The more and the louder one spreads his stuff, the more people believe it, even if those "without any type of reality non-facts" are what they are, non-facts.

Sad times we live in, where stupidity seems to return to dominance, just because it screams louder!

Edit:
The so called "IS" claims himself responsible for the "attack"(murder). Like he does meanwhile even if a firecracker explodes in china.
I am asking myself which secret service agents, from which nation, spread those "IS respoinsibility claimings", everytime in china a bag full of rice topples over...
edit on 25 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Lots of murders occur having nothing to do with islam.

Maybe the suspect was trying to identify the person, so took a bunch of residents hostage until he found out. That sounds more like a targeted killing than a random attack.
edit on 25-11-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think people blame Muslim terrorists right away because the vast majority is Muslim terrorists!! Not a disgruntled employee or lover. Political correctness will kill you Europe.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That may not be the case here but the example of the reasoning of people that you referred to is accurate. Despite PC apologist's claims to contrary, stereotypes do not spring unseeded from fallow ground. They are evolved and adopted as risk assessment survival strategies.

reply to: WUNK22

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

PC here, SJW there. Fearmonger Bollocks, get a grip and read the OP?

It's actually pretty simple and I don't see any reason to perform intellectual acrobatics. Your heroic anti PC crowd has been duped by various fearmongering outlets for years and they now seem to grasp for anything close to Muslim Terror (TM) to reaffirm their 'sanity'.
Lable away as much as you like, but you two writing that stuff in this thread completely nailed the topic from my viewpoint.

Good catch, Beobachter!

:smokes:

new topics

top topics

join