It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia Sportswear Ad Fail....Fire-hose Pipeline connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well this ad is either a huge miscalculation or fail to me.

Not sure when it came out but the fact it is still playing on TV (just watched it on a commercial during Top Gun on VH1) is a big fail I think.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
but the fact it is still playing on TV (just watched it on a commercial during Top Gun on VH1) is a big fail I think.

Why is it a fail? It is a good ad!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't think it's an intentional fail I don't think it's a fail at all I think it's an intentional Outreach to the common Collective psychology to expect fire hose in with massive crowd protests a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

but the fact it is still playing on TV (just watched it on a commercial during Top Gun on VH1) is a big fail I think.

Why is it a fail? It is a good ad!

Well the Dakota pipeline water cannon issue maybe?

Just not a good ad to run at this moment in time methinks.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Well the Dakota pipeline water cannon issue maybe?

So putting out fires terrorists is bad?

Just not a good ad to run at this moment in time methinks.

Why not? because a few terrorists got sprayed?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Perfect time to play it, maybe they are hoping some protesters see the add and will make a purchase.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Gert Boyle 92 daughter of the Founder still making ads. That's fantastic

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
All I saw was an interesting and slightly amusing way of them showing their clothing handles crappy weather well.

I thought it was quite good, what did I miss?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Creative and funny adv.with the kick coming with the old gal aiming the firehose.

If you don't mind, "Where's the beef?"

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

The only terrorists at the DAPL protest are wearing riot gear and badges.

Which you would know if you had the slightest respect for your country or its founding principles, or its native tribes for that matter. I bet you think there are more terrorists in Arabia than in Washington too, don't you?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Greetings-

With You taking the time to make a thread and then respond to additions to said thread Fred said "That ad is a "Hit" all the way around. Not only does it have You taking Your most valuable asset 'Time' to share with the rest of Us and that is just the folks who took their most valuable asset and responded...

All My Columbia™ gear is 'Top Notch' but being I don't play Chris†mas™, I'll cruise down to the local Bealls™ on the Tuesday AFTER Chris†mas™ and not only score the Senior Discount (extra 15% over 50) but I'll search the "Returned Rack" and scour it for the un-satisfied recipient who returned unknown item for a 'Gift Card'..

But living in Flori-Duh I've gone away from Cotton and now only wear moisture-wicking shorts and tops. I also have some Hemp and Bamboo for the colder weather. Last year I didn't wear long pants until the week of Chris†mas™...

THUMBNAIL: If You're typing about it, it is/was effective.. Now if it airs during The Super Bowl™ then We can all comment on the waste of $$$ but until then...

Negative GhostRider the pattern is Full...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've got a decade old Columbia parka. Works great, except for the Gortex noise.

top topics

join