It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian propaganda helped spread ‘fake news’ during election, To Punish Hillary/help Trum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: seasonal

Of course they did. They started a really odd Conservative like of Putin, almost to the point of being 'fanboyish'.

Putin knows Clinton would be no 'pushover' and has described Trump as 'a colorful figure'. Of course Putin wanted a Trump win.

This whole website was in love with Putin long before this election cycle.

Oddly enough, he only became a villain again when the "russians" started "hacking" everything in site.

I noticed it grow to larger proportions during the election cycle. I never really thought of Putin as a 'villain'. I took Russian in college. Always wanted to visit.

But during the election cycle, I saw people idolize Putin. And, evidence of Russian hacking and/or meddling in the election (not that the US doesn't so the same), so I became a bit more wary of the Russian government.

I also didn't like seeing music bands and journalists imprisoned. A lot of my desire to even travel there grew less and less.

I am certain he preferred Trump due to Trump's lack of foreign policy knowledge and pushed this some way.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Perhaps if this is true, Putin thought he did not like Hillary and her thoughts of how to start WW3.

You complain about people sticking their noses in your elections while you cause crap like the Arab Spring, multiple wars all over the world and even spy on supposed friends.

I hate hypocrisy.

P

She never wanted to start WWIII. It was Trump who asked why, if we have nukes, why we don't use them.

If anyone will start WWIII it is Trump and his problem controlling himself and his mouth.

I did note, that I know the US meddles in elections. The UK probably does too, but is more subtle about it. The UK controlled so many colonies for so long and still has some influence on countries almost completely separated from it.
edit on 24-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
what so the emails, lying to congress,pay to play,bill cutting deals with lynch, benghazi, fbi investigating the clinton foundation, plus the whole host of other stuff had nothing to do with the U.S citizens putting a boot in her ass.

it took fake news on the internet to do her in, yeah sure i believe it. i also believe there are little gray men pulling the strings in the world.

that might work for butt hurt snowflakes that swig down the kool aid. but people that have any rational thought know better.

Ya hit that one right on the nose. Hillary's past and present tactics caused her to lose. If Putin was behind letting us know of her lies and deception, than we need to thank him for it. I still wouldn't want to be under Putin's control and do love this country, but I do not like people twisting the truth and ignoring others welfare just to get ahead. Now I am not really for Trump, but he was the lesser of two evils and maybe he will actually change our present course and bring back some jobs to America. With Clinton, it would be the same ol song and dance as all jobs went to other countries. Our people need to work and not all people like to be salesmen, flip burgers, or got to school most of their lives. Some of us actually like to work on real jobs, creating things.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: reldra

But you don't want to touch all of the American media outlets that played antitrump rhetoric on a 24 hour loop for almost a year.

I saw mainly anti Clinton rhetoric, at least where I get my news.

Not rhetoric, Trump is an easy target. No need to be hyperbolic or to use rhetoric.

These hacked emails have turned now, into a 'spirit cooking pedophile ring', there is your rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Trolls, leaked emails, punish HRC and fostering a mistrust in US democracy was that the plan of Russia this election season?

Russia, this story contends, spread fake news to punish HRC.

The flood of “fake news” this election season got support from a sophisticated Russian propaganda campaign that created and spread misleading articles online with the goal of punishing Democrat Hillary Clinton, helping Republican Donald Trump and undermining faith in American democracy, say independent researchers who tracked the operation.

Can't tell if this attempt by Russia to punish HRC and help Trump was effective, but it did help make a mistrust in the US democracy.

There is no way to know whether the Russian campaign proved decisive in electing Trump, but researchers portray it as part of a broadly effective strategy of sowing distrust in U.S. democracy and its leaders. The tactics included penetrating the computers of election officials in several states and releasing troves of hacked emails that embarrassed Clinton in the final months of her campaign
www.washingtonpost.com... 3b6-8a40-4ca9-b712-716af66098fe_story.html

Exactly witch "fake news articles" in particular if you could name just a few were so damming to HRC's campaign? Notice I didn't put the stipulation of articles hacked from Russians.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Trolls, leaked emails, punish HRC and fostering a mistrust in US democracy was that the plan of Russia this election season?

The flood of “fake news” this election season got support from a sophisticated Russian propaganda campaign that created and spread misleading articles online with the goal of punishing Democrat Hillary Clinton, helping Republican Donald Trump and undermining faith in American democracy, say independent researchers who tracked the operation.

Can't tell if this attempt by Russia to punish HRC and help Trump was effective, but it did help make a mistrust in the US democracy.

There is no way to know whether the Russian campaign proved decisive in electing Trump, but researchers portray it as part of a broadly effective strategy of sowing distrust in U.S. democracy and its leaders. The tactics included penetrating the computers of election officials in several states and releasing troves of hacked emails that embarrassed Clinton in the final months of her campaign

Exactly witch "fake news articles" in particular if you could name just a few were so damming to HRC's campaign? Notice I didn't put the stipulation of articles hacked from Russians.

Colostomy bag under suit, ear piece that didn't exist, hole in tongue that is not there, Chelsea's apartment building being a medical compound-which is it is not, being fed questions and answers through an earpiece that doesn't exist, a flashlight turned into a diazepam pen, seizures that were not seizures, teleprompter within podium....there's more.

They get worse and even people on ATS who I thought were intelligent were pushing this crap.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Of course they did. They started a really odd Conservative like of Putin, almost to the point of being 'fanboyish'.

Putin knows Clinton would be no 'pushover' and has described Trump as 'a colorful figure'. Of course Putin wanted a Trump win.

Oh please. Why would Putin be any more worried about Clinton than he has been of Obama? Or any other world leader, for that matter?

If there's one world leader in the world right now that doesn't give a flying # what any other leader wants from him, it's Putin. Swapping Obama for Hillary isn't going to make him piss his pants, and no matter how hard Clinton "fanboys" try to spin it, that won't change.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh please. Why would Putin be any more worried about Clinton than he has been of Obama? Or any other world leader, for that matter?

If there's one world leader in the world right now that doesn't give a flying # what any other leader wants from him, it's Putin. Swapping Obama for Hillary isn't going to make him piss his pants, and no matter how hard Clinton "fanboys" try to spin it, that won't change.

Not MORE worried than worried about Obama. But he sees how easy Trump would be easy to play. I am not saying Clinton would be a terrifying opponent to him.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Lenin had a good phrase for Trump and his supporters, "useful idiots." Let that sink in for one second.

That was a quote about citizens that supported Proggressive Communisim. You know that dont you?
I see Hillarys supporters still trying to follow her because she has a D on her chest.

I looked over at Trump and he doesnt have a D nor a R on his chest.

Now he has a big fat W instead.

W is for WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Clinton is utterly predictable as far as Putin is concerned. Trump? Not so much. Is that a good thing or a bad thing, time will tell.

But I think the argument that Clinton is a known commodity in Putin's eyes holds a whole heck of a lot more water than Putin knows he can push Trump around.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Lenin had a good phrase for Trump and his supporters, "useful idiots." Let that sink in for one second.

That was a quote about citizens that supported Proggressive Communisim. You know that dont you?
I see Hillarys supporters still trying to follow her because she has a D on her chest.

I looked over at Trump and he doesnt have a D nor a R on his chest.

Now he has a big fat W instead.

W is for WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, W for him, a big fat L for the American people.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Where was this fake news shown ?

Was it the cause of all the anti-Trump stuff that ultimately got him elected ??

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Just because you wish America to fail and everything else to win, nevermind no one knows what that actually is, yourself included.....doesn't mean it is going to happen.

You had your chance with the last 10 presidents to get that done, now you whine about the one who is ACTUALLY heralding change, methinks you are scared to death he will accomplish anything.

Flat out, he will, and you will squirm because logic will be present, instead of pure chaos.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Clinton is utterly predictable as far as Putin is concerned. Trump? Not so much. Is that a good thing or a bad thing, time will tell.

But I think the argument that Clinton is a known commodity in Putin's eyes holds a whole heck of a lot more water than Putin knows he can push Trump around.

I think Putin believes he can push Trump around. The worse thing, is that Putin attempts to and Trump has a fit...no one knows what type of fit. I am certain Clinton wouldn't start WWIII over it. Trump, no one knows.

As I have said before. It's like on a game show. Box#1 was Clinton, you know what you are getting. Box#2 is Trump and you have NO idea what is inside the box. Yet, so many go for box #2.
I would understand if box#1 was a boat and box #2 may be a new car or $100,000. But no one knows.

link   

Tell that to Carrier employees, Ford employees, everyone who were boned by Nafta. Ya not even in office yet and corps are scared. Obama said he would take care of Nafta if pres, 8 years later....He's so easy to play..

But he sees how easy Trump would be easy to play.

edit on 24-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

link   
Months ago I watched with dismay as Carrier told its employees that they were moving to Mexico, and all would lose their jobs. Evidently Trump is already in talks with Carrier and it appears they will likely stay. Jobs will be saved.
The guy hasnt even taken office yet and he already doing the work that lame duck racial divider just cant seem to do

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Just because you wish America to fail and everything else to win, nevermind no one knows what that actually is, yourself included.....doesn't mean it is going to happen.

You had your chance with the last 10 presidents to get that done, now you whine about the one who is ACTUALLY heralding change, methinks you are scared to death he will accomplish anything.

Flat out, he will, and you will squirm because logic will be present, instead of pure chaos.

Pardon? I want the US to fail? Where do you get that?

I also don't think I was alive for all of the last 10 presidents LOL, let alone being of age to vote for the last 10.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Months ago I watched with dismay as Carrier told its employees that they were moving to Mexico, and all would lose their jobs. Evidently Trump is already in talks with Carrier and it appears they will likely stay. Jobs will be saved.
The guy hasnt even taken office yet and he already doing the work that lame duck racial divider just cant seem to do

Link? Trump tried to say he was responsible for Ford not moving and Ford said they either never planned to or were just moving 1 division and Trump had never spoken to them.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Colostomy bag under suit, ear piece that didn't exist, hole in tongue that is not there, Chelsea's apartment building being a medical compound-which is it is not, being fed questions and answers through an earpiece that doesn't exist, a flashlight turned into a diazepam pen, seizures that were not seizures, teleprompter within podium....there's more.

They get worse and even people on ATS who I thought were intelligent were pushing this crap.

The request was for fake articles that were damning to hillarys campaign.

Those you mention are the most insignificant stories throughout her whole campaign. Those are why middle of America voted for her opponent??!!?? SMH!

If thats true, hillary and her team are way more incompetent than anyonr previously thought.

edit on 5919x6759America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

The request was for fake articles that were damning to hillarys campaign.

Those you mention are the most insignificant stories throughout her whole campaign. Those are why middle of America voted for her opponent??!!?? SMH!

If thats true, hillary and her team are way more incompetent than any previously thought.

You don't think they were 'damning'? People on this very site were pushing those articles by the crap shovelful.

They were believed by the easily led.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join