It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHoa!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Holy smokes...I'm stuffed!!

That smoked turkey is going to work on me. Good grief!!

It's hard to say what was best, but my wife's spinach 'gratin' made me smile the most, even more than my favorite stuffing. My only job was to make the turkey and it came out wonderful...despite the wind, but my efforts paled in comparison.

Oh my goodness....just...

Oh my goodness!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

well well well, that leaves me to say " Bon Appétit "

and, maybe, if or when you should have time again.... after such a sumptuous meal.....

i would love to have that recipe for your wife's spinach gratin

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I am glad you are stuffed. I went to my sisters house and her husband grilled rib eye stakes, no turkey lol. I love spinach and I am sure it was amazing.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just ate two babies...

THE ITUS IS REAL YALL

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The emergency management system people are coming for you! lol

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yep wont be long before I'm in a coma. Had to take an extra metformin lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It takes a long time to smoke a whole turkey, but they sure are great. I have a big smoking grill I can use wood or charcoal in and it takes about twelve hours to smoke and cook it on there.

One drawback, no stuffing

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Holy smokes...I'm stuffed!!

Someone needs to ask the Great Cosmic One why our belly buttons don't function as instant release valves.... our more southern 'release valve' takes too bloody long.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Recipe

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

My Dad made smoked turkey and it was delicious, never had it before.

I made the dressing, pear, mushroom and turkey sausage. It was so good.

Yay for leftovers

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I saw the jars of gravy my mother-in-law had, so I quickly stepped in to make the gravy. That's a shortcut you don't take. It was my first ever attempt and it was amazing. I'll never partake in that brown, runny, flavorless crap again!

Now I can't wait to make Christmas Eve duck gravy!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So I've been thinking about this. I'm sure your smoking technique leaves your bird moist, right? You could make enough stock from the turkey neck and wing tips to add to a mostly oven cooked stuffing that you add back to your bird the last two hours of cooking. Even if your turkey is trussed I think that would be an excellent way to marry those flavors. Depending on how much stock you need you could just buy more turkey parts to add to your stock or your stuffing and to make a turkey gravy if you desire.

edit on 2-12-2016 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

So I've been thinking about this. I'm sure your smoking technique leaves your bird moist, right? You could make enough stock from the turkey neck and wing tips to add to a mostly oven cooked stuffing that you add back to your bird the last two hours of cooking. Even if your turkey is trussed I think that would be an excellent way to marry those flavors. Depending on how much stock you need you could just buy more turkey parts to add to your stock or your stuffing and to make a turkey gravy if you desire.

Your making me wish I had smoked our turkey this last thanksgiving dinner. Maybe on Easter I will do that.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There's always a way for stuffing

top topics

join