It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since election, Trump has talked to Putin more than other world leaders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Well yes, that and the fact that Putin shoots his critics down like dogs in the street; he takes over other countries with impunity, and he supports a Syrian regime who has killed it's own people with chemicals, and murders them daily.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu
Taking it off-topic. Open a thread on Russia - US relations. I will join . Promise.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The argument is stupid.

I would rather my country got along with all nations, most especially those with differing ideologies. It helps to promote mutual understanding. Communication is always good.

We should find a common ground with North Korea also. It may be the only way of effecting change (in a good way) to the people oppressed there.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What are you a bigot is there a law against renting to minorities.

Funny how you would be crying discrimination if he refused to rent to them.

I guess Trump can't win with you. Imagine that

You're reaction was funny as hell!

edit on 24-11-2016 by Diisenchanted because: funny as hell

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

What are you a bigot is there a law against renting to minorities.

Funny how you would be crying decimation if he refused to rent to them.

I guess Trump can't win with you. Imagine that

I'm laughing so hard right now, you have to be joking, right? This has to be some kind of dark humor, correct?

Trump could absolutely refuse to rent to Saudi princes. Refusing for race is indeed illegal, but there are many, many other legitimate reasons he could refuse to do business with them.

*catches breath*

Wow, that was a pretty dramatic attempt at attacking my character. I really, really must have hit a nerve somewhere in St. Petersburg. )))

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Everyone has had relationships with the Saudis.

If your only gripe is they rented places in Trump tower you must not understand equal housing laws.

That seems pretty innocent compared to other politicians cozy relationship with those animals (government not citizens).

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes, but they chose to rent space there. I wonder what kind of deals were struck and how convenient it is to have those princes close by? They didn't just decide to rent because the tower has awesome taco bowls.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's a good thing they are talking.

I swear Trump could run into a burning building full of children and save them all and the headline would be "Trump does nothing to stop building from burning down".

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Everyone has had relationships with the Saudis.

If your only gripe is they rented places in Trump tower you must not understand equal housing laws.

That seems pretty innocent compared to other politicians cozy relationship with those animals (government not citizens).

Is he going to be liquidating his stake in the tower and placing that money in a blind trust to prevent conflict of interest?

I wonder if he's going to have those Saudi's he rents apartments to sign up for his proposed Muslim registry?

Muslims on ATS = bad when Obama deals with them

Muslims on ATS = good when Trump deals with them

Got it!

People don't seem to understand just how important business connections are in the world. Business connections "trump" political connections. Businesses run behind the scenes of all governments, and without them governments would cease to exist.

The fact that Trump has extensive Russian businesses ties and is engaging with Putin regularly and snubbing our own intelligence briefings should be a cause for concern for Americans.

The man called for Russian intelligence to hack American citizens, then claimed he didn't mean it. Why say it? And why would we want a leader who says things like that in the first place?

How strange that the Republicans are so willing to become the Яepublicans. Practically overnight, no less.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That's a good thing they are talking.

I swear Trump could run into a burning building full of children and save them all and the headline would be "Trump does nothing to stop building from burning down".

I swear, Trump could accept a Russian nobility title and swear allegiance to Putin and all the headlines would be "Trump is an amazing leader for America!"

...despite the obvious conflicts with the US Constitution.

EDIT: And hey, it was Trump himself who said he could shoot someone in the street and still people would support him. So...make of it what you will.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I get it and am not fond of Saudi Arabia, I think my post showed that.

That being said Trump obviously has a more aggressive stance against them than those before him and our option against Trump.

Hillary was in bed with them worse than many others in recent history.

So his more aggressive stance is a win in my book, but I don't like any involvement with them, so kudos for pointing out any.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It'll be interesting to see if he cuts ties (at least publicly) with some of his foreign business associates.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was -- my magic 8 ball says, "not likely".

He seems bent on doing a Trump Inc. business tour before taking office with foreigners.

I've heard for years the conspiracy that the USA is really a corporation. And now?

Now we've actually elected a man that will literally turn the USA into a private corporation right in front of us. For real.

And people are cheering and clapping.

Astounding. Simple and utterly astounding.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The Reason for that is more than likely the Present Situation in Syria . Discussing how to Combat Terrorism in the Region with Putin makes Sense Now so when he is Sworn in , he can Act Quickly with a Plan to Resolve it . For any other Reason , would be Pure Speculation .

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

He has only gone to two intelligence meetings so who is he ging to act quickly for?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

My thoughts are that he IS getting briefed, just not by our own people.

Someone like Trump needs a lot of information to do whatever it is he does. You can't be totally cut off and isolated, without any information about anything and talk to foreign leaders and businessmen.

He's ran things "his way" with his own companies, surrounded by hired "yes-men" for so long, he probably relies more on those people than the US intelligence departments and military.

Part of me wonders if he'd be more comfortable hiring mercenaries vs. deploying US troops. I mean, the guy is so used to privatized business deals, it really wouldn't surprise me if he hired Xe (or whatever Blackwater's called now) instead of using US troops to do whatever needs to be done.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Twice. Probably once for congratulations and another with more substance like the other leaders he's met with. Another non story.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

LOL it means nothing like the way you are spinning this.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
Twice. Probably once for congratulations and another with more substance like the other leaders he's met with. Another non story.

Well if we're going to take guesses and hypothetical reasons...

Maybe the first call was to confirm Putin's FSB wouldn't release the blackmail material?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

He has only gone to two intelligence meetings so who is he going to act quickly for?

Maybe he thinks these Intelligence Briefings are Influenced by the Present Obama Administration's Failed Policies , and Any Information in them should be Considered Suspect .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join