It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since election, Trump has talked to Putin more than other world leaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Um, you didn't read my edit?

I meant Ukraine, obviously.

Are we supposed to ignore Putin's invasion of Ukraine, or shift the blame on Obama?

edit on 24-11-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I love how it's everyone's fault Hilliary lost except hers.No one is buying the evil Russians everywhere installing US presidents line ffs.
McCarthistic scare hysteria 2016 with no evidence.
edit on CSTThupm4461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

How much butt kissing has our current president done in authoritarian middle eastern countries?

Maybe we should see what the two have been talking about before just assuming trump is bending over for Putin.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I personally know people that are Russian expats, people who have moved to America from Russia. The stories they tell are truly terrifying. The censorship of the media, the suppression of opposing viewpoints.

When you have to talk in hushed whispers, you know that you aren't living in a free society.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Seriously, if a Democrat was in the White House, the Republicans would be screaming that the person is colluding with the "enemy"

And thats exactly why a Democrat isnt in the whitehouse, how much money did Clinton take from Saudi Arabia?

I really dont see how Trump talking to world leaders and trying to fix the problems is a bad thing, if anything it shows hes being proactive and getting sheet done.

Honestly, if Trump personally found the cure for cancer and AIDS some of you on here would still be screaming about how hes an asshole and only did it for the money or only wants us healthy so he can work us to death or some other BS nonsense.

And Im not sure calling Russia an enemy is accurate, sure they are rivals of the US but it seems other than the cold war ( Note cold war, no one killed anyone) its been a fairly calm the past 30 years

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

How much butt kissing has our current president done in authoritarian middle eastern countries?

Maybe we should see what the two have been talking about before just assuming trump is bending over for Putin.

Perhaps you could bring some of that information to the discussion? I'd think it'd be helpful to understanding the context.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

And how much money is Trump making off Emerites Air, and the Saudi Princes who rent homes in Trump Tower?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What about Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria?

Why would any country want to cooperate with the US, when the US has repeatedly shown to overthrow legally elected governments and bomb countries they dislike?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I love how it's everyone's fault Hilliary lost except hers.No one is buying the evil Russians everywhere installing US presidents line ffs.

How does this have to do with Hillary or Trump winning?

It doesn't.

This is about where Trump's loyalties are. America, or Russia? We know Trump is all about making money, and tossing aside people who get in his way (Trump University students). What makes any of us believe for one nanosecond Trump has America's best interests in mind instead of his own pockets?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I don't think people would elect him for president if they thought he was a Russian agent.

People just don't buy CNN tabloid stories anymore

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So now it's a choice between two evils... Once again?

"Sure, Putin is bad, sure he did send the military to invade Uraine and annex its people, but I'm rooting for him because Obama is worst..."

What is it with this kind of mentality? Why can't we just call Putin for what he is?

edit on 24-11-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Gothmog

Um, you didn't read my edit?

I meant Ukraine, obviously.

Are we supposed to ignore Putin's invasion of Ukraine, or shift the blame on Obama?

Now that I have had a good laugh thanks to you
(yes , I knew what you meant)
I would say mostly Obama's fault. He has been such a very week kneed leader on the international side , and no open discussions with Putin on this topic.However , with open talks from strong leaders (Kennedy and Reagan ) serious issues have been avoided. Against stronger leaders than Putin...
Now , you answer the question for yourself.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

And somehow Russian government-sponsored journalism and media should be embraced/trusted?

With the state of the US's current MSM ? - yes

So you would rather trust another government to tell we, the people of America what to believe? A country that has a long and sordid history of using subversive mind control and propaganda techniques up its sleeves?

A country that uses social engineering tactics to demoralize, destabilize, and even rig elections (see: Ukraine).

A country that censors its media with ruthlessness and controls its population with an authoritarian iron death grip?

So many self-hating Americans willing to sell out their country...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This is the second time you mentioned CNN in this thread, but neither of the sources in the OP is CNN.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

A country that censors its media with ruthlessness and controls its population with an authoritarian iron death grip?

You are speaking of the US media.....

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I don't think people would elect him for president if they thought he was a Russian agent.

People just don't buy CNN tabloid stories anymore

Of course they would. There's been a concerted effort in America to push a pro-Russian image for at least 8 years now. The whole "Obama is weak, Putin is strong" thing started the moment Obama first won in 2008.

There's been a dedicated and determined image and public relations campaign for Russia in America for a while now. This is one of the reasons we're seeing the bizarre turn of conservatives minds.

Obama was "weak" against Russia. Now Russia is good, and we should have another subservient leader cow-tow to Russia? And that's now OK?

The double standards and hypocrisy are unreal.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hey, I agree with you. I think the world would be a much better place without Russia and the US, but that's not possible, so people all around the world are forced to choose between two evil.

Putin is a authoritarian ruler. So what? There's literally zero difference between Russia and the US on the foreign affairs. Well, the only difference is that Russia did not destroy as many countries as the US yet

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You are speaking of the US media.....

Really, please enlighten me how the government is doing that? Please, explain then why there is even a conversation in this country between the "MSM" and the "alternative media".

You enjoy your "alternative media sources" don't you? Infowars and Alex Jones? Breitbart?

Alternative media outlets like that don't even exist in Russia.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith

This is the second time you mentioned CNN in this thread, but neither of the sources in the OP is CNN.

It's a distraction technique to cast doubt and throw people off. CNN isn't mentioned anywhere, agreed.

I think the idea is throw around names and buzzwords like "CNN" in the hopes it will trigger people's ears and eyes to close.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join