It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else not Givingthanks today?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Black Friday without getting fed up the night before sounds so unnatural.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: goou111

you cant enjoy this stuffing right out of the bird

I dunno why, but I've always found there was something terribly wrong with this sentence.

Because you have a child's mind?

Other than that.

I mean, how did the cook come up with the idea in the first place?

"Hey, this turkey gave me a pretty hard time. I need Revenge! Ooh, I think I know just what to do to - I'll stick bread up his... "

Bread??? as stuffing??? ..... nah! here in the UK when we do Turkeys (at Christmas) you cant beat Paxo Sage & Onion Stuffing rolled / mixed with pork sausage meat. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm nothing like it, here's looking forward to Dec 25th

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I dont GAF every day.

however yesterday I was off so I cooked all kinds of crap, worked today, but now i'm off, just me and my girl, like a thousand miles away from our peoples.

WHO WILL WIN???

ME????

OR THE ITUS?

edit on 24-11-2016 by Lysergic because: bbbbbbbbbbbbyomomam

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Our local butcher is having a black Friday special.

Tasty special!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
I feel sry for all of you because you cant enjoy this stuffing right out of the bird and then some pumpkin pie.

OMG I'm hungry. Hurry the eff up WOMAN>

Turkey? Gross choice of meat, I'll pass, thanks.

We don't do Thanksgiving in the "traditional American" sense at all. Sorry, it's a glutton's holiday and we just don't see a legit purpose for overeating a smorgasbord of food like that. I'm so happy we don't host it, or go to get-togethers anymore. The older everyone got, the more "screw it, it's just a pig-out day!" everyone got. Even my dad, who used to be a MAJOR stickler for extravagant holiday feasts when I was a kid, got sick of the glorified gluttony and realized it's a stupid holiday. Only took til his 70's to dawn on him.

We did, however, have a normal "winter comfort foods menu" dinner tonight, with the special extra addition of a dessert (lemon meringue pie) since we normally never do desserts outside of birthdays. Oh, and we grilled our ham. No baking that bad boy, we grilled portions of it instead. Faster than baking and way tastier. And of course, the normal veggies (corn & green beans) and carbs (mashed potatoes & gravy, and sweet rolls) to flank the meat main.

You couldn't pay me to go all out for a holiday dinner. F that, it's just not worth it for a meal.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: goou111
I feel sry for all of you because you cant enjoy this stuffing right out of the bird and then some pumpkin pie.

OMG I'm hungry. Hurry the eff up WOMAN>

We did, however, have a normal "winter comfort foods menu" dinner tonight, with the special extra addition of a dessert (lemon meringue pie) since we normally never do desserts outside of birthdays. Oh, and we grilled our ham. No baking that bad boy, we grilled portions of it instead. Faster than baking and way tastier. And of course, the normal veggies (corn & green beans) and carbs (mashed potatoes & gravy, and sweet rolls) to flank the meat main.

You're doing an anti-Thanksgiving meal post sooooooo wrong.

Am I the only one who sees the complete irony?? Whoa

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't do Thanksgiving anymore...haven't for years. I don't really like turkey or my family too much, so it works out better that way. They like to get together and fight with each other...no thanks, I'll pass on the drama. Life's too short for that scheduled yearly ride on the Anxiety Express, in my opinion.

My neighbor brought me a loaf of pumpkin spice bread, so I'm having that with coffee and herbal refreshments😁 for my holiday fare. Very simple and very chill, just how I like things to be.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Why. because ham? If it hadn't been on sale, we wouldn't have bought it and would have grilled up some chicken instead
The corn & green beans have been blanched & frozen for a while, we didn't buy them during any of the Thanksgiving sales. The sweet rolls are occasional buys, and the pie was more or less an impulse buy. But it's LEMON. Not pumpkin. Suck it, traditionalists!

To be utterly honest, we eat all of the aforementioned dishes throughout the year, it really wasn't anything but a normal dinner, free of holiday strings & decor. Aside from the dessert. That was a holiday sale impulse buy. Because I love lemon meringue pie and it was practically begging to be taken home. Don't you judge me!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Buncha Un-Mericunz.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I boycotted. We are supposed to be giving thanks to the Native Americans who helped the early settlers.

We continue to treat Native Americans horribly and specifically, recently.

Americans commonly trace the Thanksgiving holiday to a 1621 celebration at the Plymouth Plantation, where the settlers held a harvest feast after a successful growing season. Autumn or early winter feasts continued sporadically in later years, first as an impromptu religious observance, and later as a civil tradition. Squanto, a Patuxet Native American who resided with the Wampanoag tribe, taught the Pilgrims how to catch eel and grow corn and served as an interpreter for them. Squanto had learned the English language during his enslavement in England. The Wampanoag leader Massasoit had given food to the colonists during the first winter when supplies brought from England were insufficient.

edit on 24-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Wiki
edit on 24-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

No good deed goes unpunished.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

That's the boat I'm in as well. Have to sit this one out.

Besides, shouldn't we be thankful every day? We take much for granted.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Anybody else just enjoying the quiet of other peoples' holiday?

:

I'm with you on this. When I was growing up my family never celebrated holidays. Not a single one. But what we did do was have family fish fries every other weekend and invited the neighborhood. It always ended up being a big deal. I would trade every gift a person ever got on Christmas for the those fish fry memories.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hm. Didn't know people still boycotted Thanksgiving for that.

The meaning of the holiday has been pulled so far away from its origin though.

edit on 24-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Why.

Because it doesn't have to be traditional to be Thanksgiving. One year I even cooked up an authentic Indian cuisine with fresh lassi and homemade paneer.

But you can't sit here and say, "Oh I'm not a glutton like the rest of you
Instead, I cook up a meal of ham and mashed potatoes and vegetables and share it with my family instead"

Gluttony has nothing to do with Thanksgiving either. Sure it's a time many people indulge themselves, but you seem to take it as a personal insult!

edit on 24-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join