It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican cement company offers to build Trump's wall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Compare 3K to 21K in context of rivalry according to length, because #WallSizeMatters.

We'll see what's left of this former Land of the Free after the next phase of 'Patriot Acts'. There's a class-warfare going on and the rich think they're winning. This wont end well.

money.cnn.com...

It's just little european debt problems and in no way related to 2008, don't bother. The MSM is completely trustworthy, ya know...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
"Believe what you want to believe. But you dont have to live like a refugee" - Tom Petty

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Shame they did not offer to dig his grave really.

This wall idea is about as nonsensical as they come, and trust me if you build it, they will still come.
edit on 24-11-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

So your Mum's house represents another country as well? And I thought it just sits on another planet.

My mom's property has a fence around it, mostly to keep unwanted wildlife out of her yard. When you are at her house, you respect and obey her rules. The guests at my house have a different, more relaxed set of rules. And that's the way it should be.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Those who don't want a wall, don't want borders.

You speak in such absolutes. Many want better, enforced border control, but no wall.

The wall is frivolous. Any idiot can figure out a way to get over a wall.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hi JesusXst

The correct way to do the wall, unless regulations changed, is that, upon congressional funding, the Army Corps of Engineers, or the Department of the Interior publishes a Performance Work Statement. Then it goes out on competitive bid. To my knowledge bids from a foreign company are not usually acceptable; although the scholars of this website surely know the finer details. I'm aware that British Aerospace is an exception.

Then the Directorate of Contracting, under the Army Corps of Engineers appoints a Contracting Officer to oversee the project and to ensure that the standards of the Performance Work Statement are met.

Too bad that asshole leftists politicians are clueless as to how this procedure works.
Too bad that asshole commie politicians are too damn stupid to know that the Army Corps of Engineers has the expertise to determine how to build the wall or fence properly.

All Congress has to do is provide the funds, and task the Army Corps of Engineers to get it done. Too bad they're too damn inept to get off the dime and fund the project.
edit on 24/11/16 by Adonsa because: Corrected misspelled word 3rd par

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The wall is nothing more than a symbolic representation.

And there are those that will fight against actual borders.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A structure like that would require complete electrical connectivity, sensors and perhaps even plumbing. Additionally, did they not want to mount solar arrays, since the infrastructure to support them would all be there? Lucrative indeed.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: DBCowboy

Those who don't want a wall, don't want borders.

You speak in such absolutes. Many want better, enforced border control, but no wall.

The wall is frivolous. Any idiot can figure out a way to get over a wall.

Not if the wall is alive and knows who to keep out!

I really don't think they will just build a "dumb" wall and leave it alone.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Of couse they offered...because they would also use the building of it as cover for making more drug tunnels

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

So your Mum's house represents another country as well? And I thought it just sits on another planet.

My mom's property has a fence around it, mostly to keep unwanted wildlife out of her yard. When you are at her house, you respect and obey her rules. The guests at my house have a different, more relaxed set of rules. And that's the way it should be.

Kudos to you. The sky is the limit and it's full of stars.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa
Hi JesusXst

The correct way to do the wall, unless regulations changed, is that, upon congressional funding, the Army Corps of Engineers, or the Department of the Interior publishes a Performance Work Statement. Then it goes out on competitive bid. To my knowledge bids from a foreign company are not usually acceptable; although the scholars of this website surely know the finer details. I'm aware that British Aerospace is an exception.

Then the Directorate of Contracting, under the Army Corps of Engineers appoints a Contracting Officer to oversee the project and to ensure that the standards of the Performance Work Statement are met.

Too bad that asshole leftists politicians are clueless as to how this procedure works.
Too bad that asshole commie politicians are too damn stupid to know that the Army Corps of Engineers has the expertise to determine how to build the wall or fence properly.

All Congress has to do is provide the funds, and task the Army Corps of Engineers to get it done. Too bad they're too damn inept to get off the dime and fund the project.

I really like what you wrote, you're right.

The Army Corp could absolutely do this. I'm skeptical by nature

and have near to zero trust in people anymore after being

done wrong for half my life. I'm finally coming to my senses

about a few things....

Although the Mexicans could do it, I agree with you that

the Army could do a much more efficient job with this wall.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
A structure like that would require complete electrical connectivity, sensors and perhaps even plumbing. Additionally, did they not want to mount solar arrays, since the infrastructure to support them would all be there? Lucrative indeed.

Lucrative indeed.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Aren't they partners with a Mexican ladder company?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I take it by alive you mean manned and mounted with sensors. Whether or not the wall is alive or not if its built by Man then it can and will be circumvented by Man.

Truth is the US could achieve the same result by simply utilizing more drones in conjunction with better border patrol units. Most lightly at a fraction of the price that this nonsensical wall will cost to build, maintain and police effectively.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I take it by alive you mean manned and mounted with sensors. Whether or not the wall is alive or not if its built by Man then it can and will be circumvented by Man.

Truth is the US could achieve the same result by simply utilizing more drones in conjunction with better border patrol units. Most lightly at a fraction of the price that this nonsensical wall will cost to build, maintain and police effectively.

Drones are no where near as effective as a barrier. Good tan thermal blanket and the drone wont see you. As far as a wall being ineffective just shows you don't know history. Humans have been building walls for centuries to keep people out. They been doing this because they don't work right? Unless they plan on sieging the wall like they did in castles which requires hundreds of troops or they choose to use explosives anything else wont work. And I'm pretty sure if they blow it up someone might notice so yeah it would work. The question you should ask is will it be worth the expense. Several countries in Europe are investing in border fences and these aren't just your typical fence. They are designed so they cant be climbed and have sensor arrays to alert border patrols. There is even counter measures that can be used I don't think it will be necessary to build something like the Berlin wall.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Any wall or even city with a defensive wall can be sacked by various means as history has clearly illustrated.

Take the great wall of China for example, that only retarded the Mongol invasion for a while and was eventually defeated. As to the Berlin wall, that was even less effective.

Any fool with a ladder, rope, and the cover of darkness will be able defeat such a wall as long as they are willing to take the chance. Then there are tunnels those also work to circumvent such a structure. The point is it wont be cost effective to build or police hence the ambivalence that surrounds the idea.

Look at it this way the UK has its own natural sea barrier to the rest of Europe, and the same technological level of surveillance as the US yet we cannot stop illegal immigrants from entering into our nation effectively. Truth is this wall will cost an arm and a leg and simply wont do what it says on the tin.
edit on 26-11-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Aren't they partners with a Mexican ladder company?

That's funny

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
In England we have twenty two miles of water that has failed to prevent or effectively curtail illegal immigration so anyone who believes a wall will work is naïve or not very clever.

More of the American public takes issue with illegal immigration, and generally have a harder stance against it than pacifist, "understanding" Brits who apparently don't have an issue with immigrants erasing their culture and making natives feel uncomfortable in their own homeland.

I will say though, at least our illegal immigrants more or less share the same value, cultural and belief systems. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join