It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Tracked Down A Fake-News Creator In The Suburbs. Here's What We Learned

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We Tracked Down A Fake-News Creator In The Suburbs. Here's What We Learned

I have to preface this OP by clearly stating that I feel this article is pretty much propaganda trying to fit and/or set a narrative. Probably both. Probably at the behest of government, given the source -- National Public Radio (NPR). It wasn't an accident that Obama and congress legalized government propaganda:

U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News to Americans

But back to the OP source article... after meticulously describing the process by which they "tracked down" this fake news peddler, he initially rebuffed their invitation to talk -- but after a couple hours the guy was singing like a canary:

The whole idea from the start was to build a site that could kind of infiltrate the echo chambers of the alt-right, publish blatantly or fictional stories and then be able to publicly denounce those stories and point out the fact that they were fiction.

I don't want to focus on this guy, but on the greater implications. The article is written in such a way that the reader would presume he was working by/for himself, including for financial gain; but neither does he ever confirm or deny that presumption, probably because he is never asked. I presume the opposite -- obviously -- that he was in fact working with/for others with a far more sinister agenda. Specifically, I believe he is trying to discredit REAL news by obscuring the truth with disinfo to squash any effort to scrutinize or investigate questionable issues/events/people.

Pizzagate is now the focus and is being declared "fake news" by large mainstream media outlets -- without any official investigation or evidence of any kind -- including the New York Times and the Fortune, and Bloomberg. And this despite the fact that no "news" outlets were involved in fleshing out and investigating pizzagate -- or even reporting on it!

These articles are also describing Hillary as either the "ringleader" or at least a part of it in the "fake news".

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but has Hillary been specifically incriminated in any of this? I may have missed something, but that's one of the things I have noticed in the Podesta email link, that there few (if any) to or from Hillary herself -- at least none that have gotten any scrutiny. I find that suspicious in and of itself -- and not just regarding pizzagate.

Is that the easily disproved point they are counting on? If the above is true, then it will be easy enough for someone to come along and say, "Hey! There aren't any emails to or from Hillary, and she's not even mentioned in the ones they're quoting, so she can't be the ringleader, and therefore it's all just fake news!"

Over the summer, I was very concerned about Hillary's health. I thought then -- and I still think now -- that she really didn't want to be running for president, but she was being pressured (coerced?) to continue to do so. I now wonder if this pizzagate thing was the club being wielded. If half of what is being said about Podesta is true, then I wouldn't put anything past him.... even to the point that he would knowingly and deliberately set up and frame Hillary to protect his own perverted self. Or it might be Bill that she's protecting -- that was set up and framed -- to protect her daughter and grandchildren from the repercussions of that scandal.

In any event, we need to also be aware going forward of the games being played against us by those with absolutely NO INTEREST in our best interests and the greater good of the nation. Exactly the opposite. We have to learn from this and do better and beat them at their own game.

Happy Thanksgiving ATS

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And the ringleader of the fake news sites is:

Coler, a registered Democrat

The irony is simply... delicious!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

We've tried to do similar things to liberals. It just has never worked, it never takes off. You'll get debunked within the first two comments and then the whole thing just kind of fizzles out.

apparently the fake news only worked on the trump supporters...

edit on 24-11-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Isn't that what the war on politics is..simply putting out lots of propaganda...for those who refuse to read other periodicals or websites to fact check shame on them...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

The irony is simply... delicious!!!

I did not want to give this guy -- or his politics -- any more attention and energy than necessary... but yes, you're right, the irony is quite amusing.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

...apparently the fake news only worked on the trump supporters...

Only according to a self-confessed lying liar.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Isn't that what the war on politics is..simply putting out lots of propaganda...for those who refuse to read other periodicals or websites to fact check shame on them...

That's the really sad part about this. Too often readers do absolutely no due diligence of their own. They just take an article at face value. Even if it isn't outright "fake" news, it's impossible to really understand any issue from just one source. Especially with our biased mainstream news media -- whether biased to the left or right.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

We've tried to do similar things to liberals. It just has never worked, it never takes off. You'll get debunked within the first two comments and then the whole thing just kind of fizzles out.

apparently the fake news only worked on the trump supporters...

Well let's see ... if you are producing propaganda designed to hook a certain type of person, it is naturally going to be suspicious to the people of opposing viewpoint.

If I am charged with producing pro-Creationist propaganda to expose Creationists as gullible and discredit everything about creationism whether credible or not, then those stories are hardly going to hook in people who believe in evolution are they?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

they used fake news they thought would appeal to liberals but it didn't work. LOL.

"we tried to do similar things to the liberals"

edit on 24-11-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Who talked about the war on christmas, obama to become emperor, take away all your guns, that he was born in kenya.

Cnn is hot garbage but it wasent fake news from the left who brought you those gems.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

monetizing idiocy.

not saying I agree with it..

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

monetizing idiocy.

That's about it! It's not even anything new. I think it was Will Rogers or maybe Bill Barnum that first said "there's a sucker born every minute."

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

monetizing idiocy.

That's about it! It's not even anything new. I think it was Will Rogers or maybe Bill Barnum that first said "there's a sucker born every minute."

P T Barnum. He owed his circus to them.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

P T Barnum. He owed his circus to them.

That's right!

Sheesh! Don't know what I was thinking...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

no, it worked on the liberals too they now think trump is the anti Christ,

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

you're projecting, Obama is the anti-Christ.

trump is man-child.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I think this problem is the necessary result of news agencies heading down the road of the blog. News agencies and blogs are now near indistinguishable.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I actually heard this story when it aired yesterday, it was a real doozey. I really liked the prt about how he's tried to fool liberals, but they are too smart to take the bait. Obvious propaganda is obvious.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's very true. In some ways, the only difference is that this guy admits it's "fake news." There used to be a very clear distinction between "news" and "editorials." Not so much anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Obvious propaganda is obvious.

Yup! I felt like I was being set up when they went into so much detail to set up how they found the guy.... but the "it won't work with liberals" just stunk it all up to high heaven. But none of it really rang true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join