It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Jill Stein recount is the single biggest election news since the election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voiceofthemajority
a reply to: justneo

Look brother ...I think you're preaching to the choir here, no need to convince us who deserves to be in the big chair, this is a 100% pro-trump thread.

I hope you're right about the recount numbers but this is actually one of my biggest concerns. Let's be honest, when we're dealing with electronic devices and storage, history has shown us that even the best defenses are able to be defeated. I'm not just talking about hackers. Who's to say the machines weren't tampered with in the days AFTER the election in anticipation of this recount and the foreknowledge that they would be re-examined.

It is rather funny though that liberals are screaming about this having said over and over again that election fraud does not exist

There 'evidence' appears to be a percentage variance completely explained by demographics.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

Uh yes, I have no doubts that in areas that has voting machines the software was manipulated prior to votes taking place or after. When you had all the videos of straight Republicans picks automatically select the democrats. Its Funny how it was never any other malfunction besides that.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

a reply to: justneo

Who's to say the machines weren't tampered with in the days AFTER the election in anticipation of this recount and with the foreknowledge that they would be re-examined.

Actually that sounds plausible, I think you nailed it!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

All 3 states would need to be flipped on the recounts for Hillary to win. If that happened then this will drag on through 2017, with counter challenges, and presumably Obama will stay in office.

No.

There is no outcome where obama stays in office. On Jan 20 he is leaving.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it odd/funny that Stein is raising more money in a week to challenge the election between Trump and Clinton than she raised in two years to run for President?

I'm going to take a guess and say the donations for this of so worthy endeavor are 100% anonymous.

Personally, I think she saw Bernie's new digs and wanted in on the action

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: justneo
If there is a recount, It'll show Trump won by more and that some of Clinton's votes were invalid and she'll lose them.

I disagree. The recount will only publicize the provisional ballot tallies which were already factored into the "what if" scenario the night of the election, before the state was called. What if every provisional ballot voted for Clinton, would it change the outcome? What if every provisional ballot voted for Trump, would it change the outcome? In the weeks since the election, the provisional ballots have been certified eligible or ineligible, and if ineligible the elector is notified and given a period to appeal. It is a long process. Yeah, expect Clinton's total to increase but it won't affect the outcome. But supporters will scream "Oh my gawd our elections are rigged, and we need changes to our elections!"

They'll paint it as rigged elections, with people donating to the cause falling for the wishful thinking fallacy, while being bilked for even more money to get *their* candidate rightfully elected when in fact the money is being used to publicize another progressive movement: 1) ranked choice voting (it works so well for the Hollywood award shows); 2) the elimination of the electoral college; and 3) paper ballots, nationwide.

For the left's well publicized higher aptitude compared to the right's reported low-brow mentality, they sure fall for anything. It is as though they're exchanging the collection plate of religion for the election plate of politics: Here's my money now save me from evil.

Maybe if they'd feel less and think more, they'd see with clarity how they're being manipulated and used.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hello! If Wal-mart can put look alike stores in every state and other countries than we can for sure put voting machines that are alike in every state. A standard voting practice.

It seems fraudulent that this does not exist now.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Sorry to comment off-topic to the "all pro-Trump" thread, but has anyone considered:

1. Perhaps Stein is seeking to reach the threshold for Federal funding in the next election
-- (5% or 2% depending on who you talk to)
-- I haven't seen any numbers on Stein or Johnson or anybody other than the Elephant-Donkey crowd, so this is just my speculation

2. Overseas absentee ballots from the military may not have been counted yet
-- I know that unless there's a contested election or a recount, military ballots may not be included in the tally.
-- Last I heard anything about military absentee ballots was before the election and there was some concern about how those ballots were going to be counted. In some instances they've been held to be invalid due to lateness or lack of matching up with voter records or postmarks.

3. If Stein doesn't achieve funding status, the she'll have a nice pot of contribution money for the Grteen Party to run next time!

BEFORE YOU GO OFF ON ME - I am just looking for plausible reasons here, not supporting any position, especially not HRC. Whatever the reason for a recount, let's just get it over with before Dec 19. We don't need to bother the Supreme Court AGAIN like 16 years ago do we?

Let's hope not so we can get on to the business of running the country.

ganjoa
edit on 24-11-2016 by ganjoa because: added #3

edit on 24-11-2016 by ganjoa because: Sixteen years not 165 years ago - the 2000 election folks (sorry)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Whatever the reason for a recount, let's just get it over with before Dec 19. We don't need to bother the Supreme Court AGAIN like 165 years ago do we?

That's an interesting twist being that a tied-vote of the Supreme Court stays the federal judge's decision. All Stein needs is a friendly Democrat federal judge. I wonder in what district this lawsuit will be filed?

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Newsflash, Jill Stein is not contesting this on her own. She is doing so at the behest of someone else. Oh, I wonder who that could be?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Sorry to comment off-topic to the "all pro-Trump" thread, but has anyone considered:

1. Perhaps Stein is seeking to reach the threshold for Federal funding in the next election
-- (5% or 2% depending on who you talk to)
-- I haven't seen any numbers on Stein or Johnson or anybody other than the Elephant-Donkey crowd, so this is just my speculation

2. Overseas absentee ballots from the military may not have been counted yet
-- I know that unless there's a contested election or a recount, military ballots may not be included in the tally.
-- Last I heard anything about military absentee ballots was before the election and there was some concern about how those ballots were going to be counted. In some instances they've been held to be invalid due to lateness or lack of matching up with voter records or postmarks.

3. If Stein doesn't achieve funding status, the she'll have a nice pot of contribution money for the Grteen Party to run next time!

BEFORE YOU GO OFF ON ME - I am just looking for plausible reasons here, not supporting any position, especially not HRC. Whatever the reason for a recount, let's just get it over with before Dec 19. We don't need to bother the Supreme Court AGAIN like 165 years ago do we?

Let's hope not so we can get on to the business of running the country.

ganjoa

I think every one of your points is worth considering, especially #2. I have the feeling there's going to be an angle that gets played to somehow come out of this with a different vote count then we have now and this sounds like as plausible a reason as any I've heard.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
Hello! If Wal-mart can put look alike stores in every state and other countries than we can for sure put voting machines that are alike in every state. A standard voting practice.

It seems fraudulent that this does not exist now.

Amen, as far as I'm concerned it should be paper ballots across the board and every voter signs his/her signature at the bottom. If it takes a few days to count so be it, the only thing that matters is accuracy and a failsafe record of each citizens vote. It's all about laziness these days....computers are easier ...and faster

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
officially the green party say the intention of the recounts is not to help Hillary Clinton, but to serve as "part of an election integrity movement" that attempts to "shine a light on just how untrustworthy the US election system is."

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
officially the green party say the intention of the recounts is not to help Hillary Clinton, but to serve as "part of an election integrity movement" that attempts to "shine a light on just how untrustworthy the US election system is."

Sure it is.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: UKTruth

All 3 states would need to be flipped on the recounts for Hillary to win. If that happened then this will drag on through 2017, with counter challenges, and presumably Obama will stay in office.

No.

There is no outcome where obama stays in office. On Jan 20 he is leaving.

If the election is still undecided on Jan 20th, there will be no inauguration. Would Obama not remain in office under those circumstances?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Is not anyone else feeling the least bit uncomfortable knowing that the FINAL count is completely out of our hands and will now be "recalculated" once again . . .

Not really.

It's an obvious ploy for Hillary and against Trump. That's a given.

The leftists are panicking and running around in hysteria because their plans are all shot to hell.

They'll get over it and try again in 2020.

edit on 24-11-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is not anyone else feeling the least bit uncomfortable knowing that the FINAL count is completely out of our hands and will now be "recalculated" once again . . .

Not really.

I dunno man, sounds sort of like there may be a little discomfort there

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

More annoyance than discomfort.

But then again, I am comparing the leftist actions to that of Nazi's and Brownshirts.

When the results of an election don't go the way they want, they use violence, force, intimidation, fear to get their way.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My reapect for Stein went to zero percent now that she is politically shilling for Clinton. Maybe she will get a fancy house next to Bernie.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am not 100% sure they will just get over it this time. With all of the scandal swirling around the political class right now, having Trump in there is almost a worst case scenario for them. If there is a way to overturn the results that is feasible, you bet they will be willing to throw everything they have at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join