It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good Advice That You Just Didn't Take

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Yes, dont take those pain pills recreationally, you will get addicted.

Caused me years of problems, and even though i have been clean for 2 years, it still causes problems, and heartaches. Not to mention the emotional trauma that comes with an addiction.

Addiction is fun in the beginning, always will be, but withdrawl and sobriety is a challenge i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.

P.s. : do whatever you can to quit cold turkey, use suboxone at your own risk, because it is literally replacing an addiction to a drug, with an addiction/dependance on another drug that will most likely be harder to kick than your original addiction.

Sometimes learning from experience is the worst way to learn...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"Don't marry a yankee!" I did and boy did I live to regret it.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I've got a couple tidbits - One of the biggest ones was "Don't date that person, she will give you nothing but grief". Here I am many years later, with a shattered (but mending) heart because the first time I didn't listen to my friend, and she used me; The second time, she broke it again and stomped on it till she was sure it was broken.

The second biggest was my whole experience with ITT-Tech. My parents were against the idea, but told me how to do everything the "right" way because they saw I wanted to attend. So, instead of doing ITT's loans, we did them ourselves through Salie Mae. My parent's advice was to finish, which I did.

Now, here's the funny part: Had I gone with ITT's overpriced percentage loans, I could have got the loans removed entirely, freeing up $45k of my own money to invest somewhere else. Had I dropped out, I would have less debt, and a greater chance at getting the loans forgiven (not to mention invest in a better school). Because I completed, I have to pay all my loans, and qualify for no relief whatsoever. ITT-Tech is no more.

"All I want for you is to do good in school, and get a better job than what I do" - I did just that: I make more than my dad does, but the difference is that I hate living in the 9-5 life (partially, it's more stressful knowing I can't just quit because I need to pay those loans off). I dread going into work because I deal with bullies, office politics, and a corrosive environment. I'd love to instead be in a paid orchestra; making money by playing my instrument, which is something I love as equal as my programming.

-fossilera

<< 1   >>

join