It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New footage 'proves Tassie Tiger is still alive'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
au.news.yahoo.com...

Neil Waters from the Thylacine Awareness Group of Australia is planning to reveal two new pieces of footage at a screening in Adelaide on Sunday.

Mr Waters told the Daily Mail that he had no doubt the animal was a Thylacine.

“The animal has a very peculiar gait, the way it walks is quite weird,” he said.

“In one of the clips you can clearly see stripes down the side.”

The last captive Thylacine died at Hobart Zoo in 1936 and the animal was officially declared extinct 50 years later.

Mr Waters first became interested in the fate of the Tasmanian Tiger when he moved to Tasmania in 2010.

On a GoFundMe page, he wrote that his first sighting was during a bushwalk with his dog.

He heard an animal in the bushes, and when he finally saw the creature in front of him he couldn’t believe his eyes.

“To my absolute surprise, it was a Thylacine, a Tasmanian Tiger,” he wrote.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I want to belive but...Gofundme... Stops that. Daily Mail... Enough said. Anymore soure links besides them,Yahoo?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The Tasmanian Tiger is a real life cryptid with credentials. It was a proven 20th century living creature and only assumed to now be extinct.

I think of the tiger being like the Ivory Billed Woodpecker from the swamps of the southern US, that it is possible an extremely small population survives somewhere. It may not be in it's normal range, or it may be in some remote corner of it's former range, but it's possible and far more likely than finding a living relic dinosaur, ape-man, or a sea/lake monster.

If the tigers are really extinct, then I hope they can revive it with cloning.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuckIvorry Bills were still alive in 92,but in a surprising place.I watched a hen for20mins near a tributary of the Holsten river/Cherokee lake in Tn.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Agreed, they are awesome creatures, wish we had em here in wisconsin- be cool to see.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Ivory bills. Not that the Tigers wouldn't be cool, but I'd hate to see em freeze to death in winter.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I really hope that they are right, but somehow I think the commentator is trying too hard to see a Thylacine in the blurry and juddery video.

Sadly, the rate of extinction of species is running at such a high level that they'll be sod all left in a century, unless humankind gets its own personalised extinction event before that happens.

Biodiversity

The sad list of critically endangered animals

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

I did a thread on the thylacene a year or so ago , well more about their demise . Just recently i found out they were also native to Papua New Guinea and the Indonesian western half of that island . They were believed to have died out a long time ago but some of the people in remote ares tell stories of an animal fitting the description . Lets hope that somewhere between to two places that some still survive .

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-11-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join