It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Opens Up about Declining Trump Cabinet Position

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I Google searched ATS and couldn’t find this posted. As a disclaimer, this thread is not about me or my opinions about Trump and his political ideology. I didn’t vote for him.

Right now, America is wounded and needs healing. We are as divided as we have ever been and I only wish to be a part of the good that comes out of my next president’s tenure.

If you take my posting of this video as a show of support for Trump, let me just clarify by saying that I was more impressed with Carson’s words and the possible influence he may have on my country.

I hope you will join me in helping to make the next four years the best they can possibly be. Learn to love and lead by example instead of casting aside your fellow man. Thinking different is what makes America great, intolerance is what makes it unbearable.

Here are a few notable quotes…

“I also live in the same area where Mar-a-Lago is, so I’ve been there, I’ve spoken to a lot of the employees, they love the man. The people who park the cars, the people who clean the grounds, they love the man. That tells you a lot about a person.”

I spent my entire career trying to save children’s lives and then to put them back in an environment that’s not conducive to their well-being doesn’t make any sense.”

I think that right now, our country is in a situation where it’s very important to have, you know, voices out there, talking about what is important, helping to heal the country. We have so many people who are enemies now, who are getting in their respective corners and demonizing each other. We should be on the same page, pushing toward the same goals and not allowing ourselves to be manipulated into enemies.

Carson has come a long way. Besides the religious aspect of his political ideology, he makes the right points and comes off as genuine. Most Americans need a big ol' slice of "humble pie" at the moment and I hope that he delivers on his message.

Give thanks and be happy.

edit on 24-11-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
I believe Carson to be sincere. He believes what he is saying. No doubt about it. But he can't keep his eyes open and is not very smart, for a brain surgeon. My feelings are mixed on him. But I will say that he is not lying as to what he really thinks and that is a good trait. Otherwise, his opinions are intellectually not fantastic.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

When I heard that Carson was hesitant about being appointed under Trump because "he felt he wasn't experienced enough to head a Federal Agency", knowing he was originally running for POTUS, I felt it was a BS answer (or that he was running for POTUS knowing he wasn't cut out for it, which is even worse), but after seeing his reasoning makes a lot more sense.

I agree, Carson has grown since we saw him during the campaign season. Nice to see this. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

He is no dummy
I think he is probably a pretty moral man. He may have certain excentricities....

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I appreciate your sentiment.

On another note, we adopted a wonderful great Pyrenees last weekend...the kitties are most peturbed!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

He is no dummy
I think he is probably a pretty moral man. He may have certain excentricities....

An eccentric, possibly 'no dummy'. He retired for a reason. He's not that old for a doctor.
Maybe he had a stroke?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I appreciate your sentiment.

On another note, we adopted a wonderful great Pyrenees last weekend...the kitties are most peturbed!

Hmm, well ok.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

It is a 7 min. video. Which cabinet position? Or is it Surgeon General? I've now heard H&HS Secretary, HUD Secretary, and Surgeon General. Without watching a 7 min. video, I know not which position he's declined.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My Little sisters husband is a doctor in Mn. He is in his late 40s and consults others and is mostly retired now

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: visitedbythem

He is no dummy

An eccentric, possibly 'no dummy'. He retired for a reason. He's not that old for a doctor.
Maybe he had a stroke?

Do you just make stuff up as you go and believe it as well? He's 65, in 2012 the average retirement age for doctors was 67.
source

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Rumor now that Dr. Carson may take HUD Secy...

I can see him embracing that post, helping to revitalize the inner cities...

We cannot be America FIRST, if we continue to leave our inner cities behind...

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Rumor now that Dr. Carson may take HUD Secy...

I can see him embracing that post, helping to revitalize the inner cities...

We cannot be America FIRST, if we continue to leave our inner cities behind...

Yup, and if he does a good job, helping the inner city gain manufacturing jobs which, if I'm not mistaken, is one of the tenets of the Trump Presidency, he will have helped Trump to win the black vote back to the Republicans where it has always belonged.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Go Carson!

WoooHooo

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Carson should really stay in the operating rooms, and away from the White House. Government can't offer solutions, all they can do is move out of the way of progress.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The guy doesn't want a 9 to 5 or in this case a 9 to 9 job.

He's retired and wants to make speeches and make some money and that job would be stressful and he's really not qualified to do it which would add to that stress. He's making the right decision.

Trump is hiring too many inexperienced people to do these jobs...like Nikki Haley for the UN job

Romney for Secretary of State?

An unknown congressman with close connections to the Koch brothers as CIA chief?

Strange
edit on 23-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

His decision about not wanting a gov't position is one thing, but the man was a head at one time for the highest gov't position in the land, he then turned around and said he is not qualified to run a cabinet post??..what if he had won, which he could have.
Despite my disappointment with another Republican, Colin Powell , once famously said he would not seek the presidency because he didn't have the fire in the his belly, many of the older heads here may remember how popular he was across ethnic and party lines, the Dems were relieved when he said no.

Truth be told Ben Carson should have never entered the race.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
He should not be head of HUD. This is how Obama got in trouble. Appointing people with no experience like the ACA. People in charge of it with no experience in IT for the rollout and no experience in healthcare to be in charge.

Trump better not do it. He said he would hire people with experience, experts. Carson is a smart man but not in this dept for sure.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

But he can't keep his eyes open and is not very smart, for a brain surgeon..

This is about the dumbest thing I've read in a while. With 12.5k posts in three years you've spent a great deal of time parked behind a screen while this man was Chief of Pediatric Neurosugery at Johns Hopkins for 30 years. What exactly is your litmus test to determine a 'smart' brain surgeon?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

This is about the dumbest thing I've read in a while. With 12.5k posts in three years you've spent a great deal of time parked behind a screen while this man was Chief of Pediatric Neurosugery at Johns Hopkins for 30 years. What exactly is your litmus test to determine a 'smart' brain surgeon?

I dunno.

I've known people who were really good at one thing, and didn't really connect in other areas.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: slowisfast

I dunno.

I've known people who were really good at one thing, and didn't really connect in other areas.

I agree.

But in this case Relda said he's not very smart, for a brain surgeon...
You agree with me then, it was a dumb comment? You think he's very smart, for a brain surgeon?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join