It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto CA: Drone? Balloon? What made this plane suddenly drop?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Jesus, people. Read the last paragraph of the OP. The official states it was "10 miles from shore."

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Guessed you missed the part where it was almost 50 miles off shore at 9000ft... over a lake.

Proof positive then, then it was a oofo. Omergosh, disclosure.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Jesus, people. Read the last paragraph of the OP. The official states it was "10 miles from shore."

Jesus, then some rich guy was flying it off his yacht.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

have a $25,000. drone in my living room as I type this, and it only has a 5 km range. Can it fly that far and come back? No. The battery life tops out at 20 minutes.

What a piece of junk. For that price I can buy a boat and a drone with an extra battery pack, sail out 10 miles and practice flying into FAA airspace for fun.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: strongfp

This sounds like Mulder and Scully type stuff.

Well, sure...It's a bit mysterious because they cannot positively identify what it was. However, it sounds as if it could have been a weather balloon -- especially since the pilots described it as a balloon.

Just to increase the fun factor, if they were 'near Pickering', then they were near the nuke plant and it wouldn't be the first time that aerial weirdness has been reported in that locale.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Its not a conventional drone though, meaning - Its not meant to fly At high altitudes in the sky. Quite the opposite actually. It has been made for use strictly in confined spaces and underground.
my phantom 4 though, has a 5km range, but will only achieve that in the most optimal conditions. Tail winds (both ways somehow), just the right temp, and even speed progression.
the furthest ive had it out was 2 km - so a total of 4 km round trip. When it landed i was at the 20%.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Underground drone? Thats curious. It flies in underground spaces? Connection with work or caving?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Hey,
Yes for underground!
I am a mine engineer. I have developed a drone that can enter into places that no human could possibly ever go.
I was asked to present this system at the Canadian Institute of Mining, back in October.
And from what I gathered, I am the first person to successfully utilize drones as a full time means of inspection, for underground mining.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Thats awesome, I can foresee rescue efforts potential for something like that. I mean they have caterpillar tractor remotes already, but a flying camera in a darkened, collapsed mine could overcome ground obstacles much better, I would think.

Good idea.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
used to buy 10 foot balloons in the comic books....

helium design balloons

I love those dash-8's

edit on 26-11-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 26-11-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
used to buy 10 foot balloons in the comic books....

helium design balloons

I was thinking something similar to one of these:

I love those dash-8's

My local airport is a regional airport --- but I don't live too far from a few major airports (a short flight), so I've ridden in many Dash-8 aircraft in order to get to those major airports.

While I know they are a reliable (i.e., safe) aircraft, the heavy vibrations shake my tooth fillings loose and tickle the deep insides of my ear canals.

edit on 2016-11-26 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

That was my original idea. A drone with a thermal cam for Mine rescue to use in the event of a fall of ground.
So I built a drone with a hi def camera and a thermal cam on it. It also has an adjustable, 3000 lumen of penetrating LED light.
Then I created a carbon fiber - gyroscoping ball around the drone, so it can roll along surfaces- walls or the back. (In mining the ceiling of a drift is called the back)
Then I was like, crap, there are so many more uses for something like this, than just mine rescue. So I put an EDM on it
(Electronic Distance Meter). So now its used for survey as well.

Then!!!! Martin75 from ATS and I got to talking. Turns out her father is a very, very, very, smart man.
He flew up to see me present at the Institute of Mining. We got to talking about each others work and immediately started a partnership up.
So now, we have an underground drone being integrated with Adaptive Artificial Intelligence.
We are called A+IM - Aerial Intelligent Machines.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I knew I smelled innovation. Hats off sir, using technology to help save lives and make dangerous environments safer.

What a noble undertaking.

Many blessings!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join