It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your ROOTS are showing aka who is the black sheep in your family?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: T0rMenT0R
a reply to: seattlerat

That is an amazing heritage you have, what was it like to visit your Grandfathers Castle? I am amazed by your story that few can say something like you have of their family. It is significant for you i enjoy hearing more.

Most of what I learned prior to Google was heavily filtered by my Grandmother and I only had her accounts of our family history. She was extremely proud of her ancestry and embarrassingly boasted about many of Savier's accomplishments while neglecting to fill in the dark details.

I did not know that he was a Freemason until I saw the information online, but, it doesn't surprise me. That side of the family has always been (as far as I know), extremely wealthy and property owners/landlords. My Grandparents tried to discourage my Mom from marrying my Dad, because he wasn't worthy of their high standards (working class). They did try to break me away from my immediate family when I was 12, and that is when I lived in West Germany (Friedrichshaffen and Munich) for several years and had the opportunity to travel to Spain (and many other countries).

Seeing the castle was absolutely amazing, but I had even more fun staying in "Paradores", or modernized castles with all the comforts of a swanky hotel that rent rooms. Spain is simply an amazing place to visit, and I dream of going back again, someday. As a young teenager, I just did not appreciate what I was experiencing like I would if I were to return.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have an ancestor who was sentenced to hard labor by his church in 1840s Arkansas. We don't know what his transgression was.

Sal
a reply to: DBCowboy

edit on 23-11-2016 by SallieSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have a distant relative whom was shot by a cannon in a rather unpleasent way according to my family tree. It went back many many generations, sadly it was lost by another relative though a few years back. I was gutted that I never had any serious time to look through it

Also related to Sir Thomas Hardy somewhere down the tree. There's a lot of navy guys in my distant family.

Not sure about any others of note. I know someone related to Himmler if that counts?...
edit on 23/11/2016 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just read the thread about Trump's grandfather and why/how he got booted out of Germany.

It got me thinking.

What colorful "roots" do you have in your family tree?

My family tree is somewhat "incomplete" but I can say that a distant relative was hung for horse thieving.

I have an extremely rich and famous uncle. But I never get anything for it so I guess I'm the black sheep.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

My great grandmother is a first cousin to President Jefferson Davis. Is that something to be proud of? I am, actually-he was a man of honor.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Have a great grandfather who rode with geronimo and faught the mexicans and americans .

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Through ancestry we are related to Mary queen of scots,guess 1st beheaded queen would bring up ill thoughts

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sheep still has a connotation of following someone...

path of light path of darkness jump the fence in your sleep or death from one to the other.

Sheer the stupidity

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join