It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food truck ideas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I used to frequent a truck outside my office that did a fantastic business with just beans and rice and gumbo. And high test Cajun coffee!!
edit on 23-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
a reply to: Bodybagkustoms

Make one called Fries With That! and serve all kinds of different fries as the main course?

You could have a 2 sided menu kind of thing:
one side with what kind of fries (waffle, steak, crinkle-cut, curly, shoe-string, etc. )
one side with what kind of "that" (different toppings or mini burgers or whatever you wanted to do)

and if you could have the menu without names or numbers so they had to point at something and say "that", it would make it perfect.

Potatoes are cheap.

That was genius,if I owned a business I Would hire you as the creative talent/idea guy/marketing consultant. Seriously.

~meathead

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i do food industry stuff with restaurants, bars, banquet, and catering. One thing I can tell you: if you don't know what you are doing, you'll be bankrupt in 1 year.

If you've never worked in the industry, i reccommend you study study study. Learn key things like inventory management, food cost control, etc. Develop a series of flexible dishes that ensure there is never any waste, and don't buy precut/premade (your alredy paying yourself for the labor)

Expect, at best, 20% profit margin. And if your freezer goes out, be ready to mortgage the home to stay afloat.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Good luck in your business endeavor! That being said, I just wanted to say that a co worker of mine and I, have started building hotdog carts, food carts etc, and we just bought an old box truck that we are converting into a food truck! I am an engineer for an Automation Manufacturer. I started out as a welder and fabricator (steel of course). We started 7 months ago, and are almost at the point where we can quit our full-time job!
Enough about me. My experience the past few months has been quite exciting!!! I have to admit that we SEVERALLY underestimated the market!!! The mobile food business is BOOMING! And quite justifiably the 'wave of the future' in the 'fast food' industry. With people always on the go, less people cooking, and the insanely high price of fast food (for garbage!!!) Mobile food trucks, carts,and vending is a wise, and excellent choice for self employment. You are a very smart man!
Im not an expert, just a guy who was in the same place you are 7 months ago. If you ever have any questions, or need any mobile food carts, trucks, fabrication, etc (shameless plug, sorry) or just wanted to chat about the business, you can message me on here! Im in Milwaukee, but have delivered carts to 6 different states already.
Wise choice again, and the best of luck in your business!!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm late to the party but I'll throw an idea in (and also trying to get to my 20th post so I can start my intro thread...)

But what about something like "Mobile Rolls" and do different kinds of rolled up foods, similar to sushi. Like a PB&J roll, a BBQ beef roll, a grilled cheese roll, etc...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

How about tapas/Mediterranean.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join