It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a Cadillac Hearse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Good morning all!!

I have been searching for a while now for a Cadillac Hearse. My dream is to own a 1959, but my pocket book usually don't agree with me, so I have decided that anything between 1959 and 1973 will work.

I usually search daily on craigslist, ebay and numerous other sites. I thought I would give this a go because you never know when someone has a beauty sitting in their barn collecting dust.

If anyone knows of one that is currently up for sale, please reply.

Thanks!

Aimee

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: aimlessly

www.ebay.com...

hearseforsale.info...

Ignore that last link...already sold

Try here. They have all kinds of classics.

topclassiccarsforsale.com...
edit on 23-11-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes, I have seen that one. There are a couple of Pontiacs on ebay/craigslist right now. I guess I should also add that I am looking in the Indiana/Illinois/Ohio and Michigan areas. I am also looking to stay under $5,000.

I don't really want to buy one sight unseen so I am trying to stay within a couple hundred miles of where I live so I could reasonably travel to check it out before I purchase.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Lol....that is just plain hideous!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Under 5K? You're gonna get a pile of rust, that will take years of work and lots of $$$$$ to restore.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No necessarily. I have seen some 60's sell for around $5,000 that are in pretty decent shape. It don't have to be all shiny and new looking. I don't mind putting some work into it, as long as it is not a rust bucket.

Recently a beautiful 1967 sold in Indiana for $3500. I was a day late for that one. Only on craigslist for 2 days before it sold.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Greetings-

Have You thought about looking at something in the Mortuary Sciences Trade sites? That way You have contacts w/the different Mortuaries and Funeral Homes, You know folks who may be looking to sell or up-grade their hearses?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
When I was in high school my buddy had a 1967 Cadi hearse. It was right smack in the middle of the Punk era and we were.... well we didnt look like the rest of the kids..... and our music sounded nothing like anything they listened to.

The looks we used to get when we would step out of that big old boat were priceless

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Do you have any local car clubs?

I wanted a TransAm. I had been searching around for one for quite some time with no luck. I finally started going to some of the local classic car shows....and this is how I found my baby.
I wanted one that I could do a bunch of the restore work on myself. I have almost completed the restore, I have it in the paint shop now as we speak.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Very nice!! I have always had a soft spot for Trans Am as well.

I have not thought of local car clubs or the Mortuary Sciences trade sites. I will be looking into both of those. Thanks!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I used to own a 1970 Caddy Fleetwood Limo. You are going to have a difficult time finding the years you are searching for due to the fact that they were made by Caddy at that time, and not contracted out to Limo manufacturers as they are today.

Everything you are looking for is a collector's item. Not to say that it ain't out there, but you will have to dig.

I miss my Caddy. I can't watch One Crazy Summer without getting misty.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Anything 59-60 is gonna be either very expensive or in very poor condition. Are you stuck on a hearse or would an ambulance do just as well?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Send me a PM. I know of four decrepit, but not dead looking, hearses. No idea what type or year as I know nothing of cars but I can get someone who has a smartphone - I don't - to get a pic for you.

I have no idea, obviously, why they are there. They have been there for years as the dust on them would indicate. The bodies on three aren't that bad, they are white, but the fourth, a black one, looks kind of beat up.

Interesting thread, if maybe a bit odd, but maybe I'll get to find out why these hearses have been sitting there for years. I'd think they could be bought, fixed up and used by someone.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tomra

Totally stuck on a hearse. I have located a 1969 that is going to auction at the end of the month, needs some work, but i am hoping to get it for under $2,000.

Other than that i have been striking out lately on finding ones in my preferred range of years.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Alright. I have a couple of pics for you. They are Cadillacs but the year is unknown to me.

My source says they probably belong to Desert Memorial as their crematorium butts up against this carport. He's lived there for five years and they were there when he moved in so I'd bet they are available. Somehow.

ETA: I was wrong in thinking there were four there. The fourth vehicle, upon closer look, isn't a hearse but looks like one from far away. Looking at it up close it looks more like a Batmobile. Some kind of crazy car from the '50's, I would assume(not a car guy at all) with fins it looks like a hearse as it's kinda creepy looking not unlike a hearse. Makes me think of Christine although I'm sure those are different cars. Should have snapped a pic but I thought is was unnecessary.
edit on 1/9/2017 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Aweome pics!! The two on the left look to be in the 80's and 90's. The one on the right looks to be mid 70's. In all honesty, I am looking for the batmobile look. Are you sure it wasn't a hearse? It very well may have been, they look a little different from the 50's , more like a station wagon.

Thank you very much for the information and the pics, i will try to contact the company you noted and see if they do have what i am looking for!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just sent them an email asking if they have a 1950's hearse and if it is for sale. OMG...i got chills down my spine when you said it had fins.....that is totally what i am looking for!!! Keeping my fingers crossed and praying to any and all forces that i know of that it is indeed a hearse!

new topics

top topics

join