It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Man with Down syndrome gets turned down for Homecoming...What Happens Next is Awesome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
*For folks that can't see a YouTube video. I could tell you what happens...

But, it would spoil it for the rest of us. Get real Internet for Christmas.

Just teasing you...Happy Thanksgiving.

youtu.be...

Fox 5 Suprise Squad

Add: Softened Title

edit on 22-11-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2016 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
hope in these durned kids today restored.

and well played for everyone involved.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

the reason i cannot watch y-tube right now has nothing to do with my internet - but hey - thanks for the insult

this thread is still clickbait - and i wish i could actually put a spolier in for what happens

just a guess - he turns green and explodes ???

or is that too optomistic ???????????????

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

She gets a car for showing care and humanity? Not sure if the message is wrong, or the american culture is beyond repair..

(post by LifeMode removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

She gets a car for showing care and humanity? Not sure if the message is wrong, or the american culture is beyond repair..

She didnt do it for a car. She did it for an upset young man and a friend to her. Car or not i hope my young daughter will show the same courage that young woman did.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What a beautiful, heart warming story! Thank you for sharing this!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the reason i cannot watch y-tube right now has nothing to do with my internet - but hey - thanks for the insult

this thread is still clickbait - and i wish i could actually put a spolier in for what happens

just a guess - he turns green and explodes ???

or is that too optomistic ???????????????

I was joking...I'm obviously not a professional.

The video kind of restored my faith in young people.

They have not had much to work with.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

She didnt do it for a car. She did it for an upset young man and a friend to her. Car or not i hope my young daughter will show the same courage that young woman did.

Seems a bit patronizing to me.

Will the boy understand why she did it and why they arent likely to continue dating after homecoming?

Or are they now a couple?

Seems like he will want answers at some point to these questions.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Good things are supposed to happen to good people and people just dont get any better than that girl.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Will the boy understand why she did it and why they arent likely to continue dating after homecoming?

Or maybe they will become great friends and have a great lifelong relationship. You are a glass half empty kinda guy huh?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It would seem that kindness is so far and few between in this day and age that when it gets shown it is viewed as special......this should be the norm not the exception......

A sign of the times i guess

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It was heart warming till the camera crew rocked up.
I think it was lovely what that girl did but the disgustingly voyeuristic nature of that whole thing was disturbing.
They could have done all those things for them and got an interview and story after rather than highjacking the evening.

Im really conflicted on this, I mean they obviously made those kids night but it still just makes me feel dirty watching it

Does anyone else feel this or am I just a cynical asshat?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thanks a lot!

It's a good job i'm the only one awake right now! Can't be having the kids and wife seeing me blubber at such an early hour.

Now, gotta go punch a wall and spit and do other manly things to restore my masculinity!

Max

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You're an asshat. LOL! Sorry I couldn't resist.

I saw it as the crew doing something to make their night special and to share the kindness of the young lady with the world, sharing what should be the norm, but we don't see too often anymore.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Very nice and touching moment between two high school friends that unfortunately, IMO, the news station exploited.
It was not without reward (for both kids)...did anyone notice that the young man received a scholarship of ten thousand dollars for college?
That's a big thing and congratulations for him (and her) on that (their) generous gift(s). Good for both of them!
They were both, still, exploited by the news people.

Not everyone with Down Syndrome is on the profoundly or even moderately intellectually disabled end of the scale so, it is not unreasonable to believe that he understands why his female friend asked him to prom and that (if) there is not to be a romantic relationship after, the 'why not' part.

There are folks with all sorts of developmental disabilities who do not get the opportunities to experience the same things as the majority of the population and normalization and integration is still a struggle in this world of 'enlightenment', 'tolerance' and 'equality' (sarcasm off).

Some folks only ever experience love and intimacy with their closest family and when their family is gone (if they ever participated to begin with), they rely on paid staff to provide them with the closest thing to friendship/family they may ever know if they are fortunate enough to receive those type of services.

I hope she's driving the wheels off of that car and I hope he goes on to his secondary education in whatever his desired field will be and lives a happy, prosperous, fulfilling and long life.

Thanks for the story!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I hate doing good things for people in a public manner, personally. It makes me feel awkward. I prefer being the silent guy that does nice things for people. My reward is the action, not the recognition. So i kinda feel where my Egyptian Cat friend is coming from.

There is a fad lately of patronizing people with down's syndrome. Its a major facebook meme. "Even though she has downs, she's still beautiful", etc, etc. Of course their beautiful. They are human babies. Even the ugly babies are beautiful. LOL. It just seems so belittling, and the complete wrong message.

"Still"? why use that word? Its like saying, "Hey, this kid is jacked up...but its mean to say it" I just don't agree with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Or maybe they will become great friends and have a great lifelong relationship. You are a glass half empty kinda guy huh?

You think that's the goal of the adolescent male? To become great friends with some girl?

What reason now will he have to not expect her to be his girlfriend or at least go on other dates?

What will he be told?

new topics

top topics

join