It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every astronaut since 1969 landings has seen strange "flashing lights" while approaching the Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I guess a good test of the theory would be to check all the images from robotic spacecraft that have been sent to the Moon. If they come up with bright spots and UFOs, then it may have to do with something else besides gamma ray particles hitting an astronaut's retina.

Do you mean something like the "blue lights" on Apollo photos?

AS14-66-9290
(click for full size)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Ah, now we both know that there entire experience was out of the ordinary but seeing strange light's like the one in which he saw one crossing the sky (and he would have known if it had been his orbiter so that is out of the question) must have been something to take his attention even for an instant from the strange new world he was walking on?.

So I could argue that it was everything they said about the moon that was out of the ordinary, after all they were the alien's on a strange world whom had come down in a flying vehicle from somewhere else.

Not perhaps the light moving across the sky as there is very little and indeed virtually no atmosphere on the moon except perhaps trace gas so there is no medium to carry a charge like ball lighting but as you know quartzite and other mineral's can act oddly if provided with a suitable exciter to create a charge such as perhaps charged particles and un-shielded solar and cosmic radiation so some Transient Lunar Phenomena may be nothing more than a charge building up in an area rich in certain mineral's that then discharges as flash of light or even electric arc's and yes I am grabbing at straw's here but it does bare thinking about, now you already know my personal belief from other threads that there are Artifact's there, for me they are an object of un-natural origin and in contravention of the current academic mainstream I believe them to have been made by human's or a precursor to the human race and not alien's from zeta reticulii or some other star so even suggesting it get's the pro evolutionists whom think themselves unimpeachable up in arm's as I believe some of those artifact's or perhaps all of them are older than the human race is supposed to be.

That a given you may also be familiar with the link between paranormal activity down here on earth and UFO phenomena, at least some UFO phenomena is much more closely related to spiritual or rather other dimensional property's and some is purely a psychological phenomenon, there are cases however which can only be explained by physical interaction's potentially with being's from some other place but here is a thought, what if the moon is haunted? or what if this ancient technology or ET technology is based on concept's outside of our dimension of day to day existence and is more grounded in a cross over from what we think of as spiritual and what today is also called other dimensional and the normal corporeal realm we all live in.

Now that is Alien territory for you I know but even though you may consider yourself a grounded individual think about it.

I think I know what your reaction to these latter concept's may be, trash bin but I think you may consider the TLP (sorry convention is LTP) and one potential explanation for some observation's (light's but not cloud's and apparent appearing and disappearing object's seen or claimed by astronomers over the centurys') as more interesting.
edit on 23-11-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zeroeffect
I don't think that the "cosmic ray" theory but NASA or am i being paranoid...

You are. Cosmic rays hitting your head in the right spots cause you to see flashes. I'm actually sort of surprised you never got an astronaut having a seizure, TBH.

There are studies of the suit visors showing bubble trails where cosmic rays tunneled through the visor.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I don't think those cosmic rays are natural occuring

Yet, you yourself with some training, some money and a bit of machine work can detect cosmic rays anywhere you're at.

Cloud chambers...it's something you can do yourself.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Labtech, can you be more specific about the incident you are describing -- who, when, where?

(post by klassless removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

www.mirror.co.uk... I've been red pilled on UFO after seeing NASA cut feed on real UFO footage on ISS. Anybody have any credible reason why astronauts see blinking lights on the moon? I don't think that the "cosmic ray" theory but NASA or am i being paranoid...

Reports of lunar surface lights as reported by astronauts have been one of my favorite subjects especially since there is evidence of such lights that can be found on a 1992 UFO "documentary" hosted (and produced) by Michael Hesseman's titled "UFOs: The Secret Evidence".

If you jump to 1:00:39 you'll see a white orb-like object enter from bottom left corner and zip along over the lunar surface. When the footage segues to a closeup of a dark crater with the orb approaching the crater from the left you'll see a light blink in the center of the dark crater. I have this on videotape and when it's played frame-by-frame the light can be seen coming on and disappearing as it's almost just one frame. But right after the crater's center light you'll see another light appear on the right edge of the crater and this light really brightens up and diminishes. It's a dramatic "acknowledgement" to the orb's flyover.

Here's another source that could be reliable:
Apollo 17 Astronauts Saw Mysterious Lights On The Moon
By lionsground - Sep 17, 2016
lionsgroundnews.com...
On December 11, just before the landing of Apollo 17, astronaut Jack Smith saw something strange above the lunar surface. “I just saw a flash on the lunar surface,” he said. “It was a bright flash in the crater.”

The object was also seen by astronaut Eugene Cernan. The observation by the two states experts puzzled for decades.

NASA's control room personnel asked the astronauts to supply coordinates next time they saw flashes. I don't think that the one in the above video was mentioned as the camera doing the filming may have been unmanned.

edit on 26-11-2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

I can't find that comment on the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal pages [that also have all flight transcripts].

www.hq.nasa.gov...

If you want us to trust a link that can't even spell the names of astronauts correctly, you'll have to do better.

Find the actual quote and report back, please.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: klassless

I can't find that comment on the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal pages [that also have all flight transcripts].

www.hq.nasa.gov...

If you want us to trust a link that can't even spell the names of astronauts correctly, you'll have to do better.

Find the actual quote and report back, please.

You are correct but for this topic I'm not concerned about semantics (if that's the proper term). Here is a video on the Science Channel website that has Jack Schmidt's voice reporting his sighting and later Al Worden talks about Gene Cernan's sighting.
www.sciencechannel.com...

It's always preferred to be factual but like I said, details are welcomed when they are necessary. In this case misspelling a name is not crucial as long as the topic details are not mangled.

So, the facts are that lunar astronauts reported seeing flashes of light on the lunar surface and I've included a video showing flashes of light that cannot be questioned because it's on an official NASA film. IF you can prove that the film is a hoax then I'll be the first to apologize. But don't be a stickler for minutiae when it's the bigger picture that matters.

And I notice that you didn't comment on the video. Why not? Your opinion on this forum (and worldwide, of course) is valued.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

What is that? Methane escaping? Reminds me of what you see at the top of a landfill.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
We see meteors in our sky consistently, but Earth atmosphere eats 99.999% of them.
Not so on the Moon, those little suckers pelt it as well , and they ALL hit the surface.
You won't see any trails, because that is caused by atmospheric friction, but when they hit, they are traveling from 20 to 90 km/s, and bet they flash like firecrackers, especially if there is a meteor shower going on..

edit on 27-11-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless

You are correct but for this topic I'm not concerned about semantics (if that's the proper term).

It isn't the correct term. If someone can't be bothered to spellcheck a name to speaks volumes about their credibility and ability to string facts together.

Here is a video on the Science Channel website that has Jack Schmidt's voice reporting his sighting and later Al Worden talks about Gene Cernan's sighting.
www.sciencechannel.com...

It's Schmitt.

It's always preferred to be factual but like I said, details are welcomed when they are necessary. In this case misspelling a name is not crucial as long as the topic details are not mangled.

So, the facts are that lunar astronauts reported seeing flashes of light on the lunar surface and I've included a video showing flashes of light that cannot be questioned because it's on an official NASA film. IF you can prove that the film is a hoax then I'll be the first to apologize. But don't be a stickler for minutiae when it's the bigger picture that matters.

The video you posted says they saw a flash as they were coming in to land. That's not true. It occurred at 87:38 into the mission at which point they were in lunar orbit making scientific observations and taking photographs - they didn't land for another 21 hours. The accompanying video of a flash on the moon in that clip may or may not be from NASA, and it may not even be genuine given the one that is used later, but it is not from that incident and it is not in the location Schmitt describes.

e2a: The time in the mission transcript is 87:38, the mission recorded time is 90:18. The reason for this is the addition of 2 hours 40 minutes to the clock partway through the flight to the moon.

The object they discuss on the photograph is just a blemish, one of many that can be seen in numerous Apollo images. The image (AS17-147-22470) is part of a sequence of photographs and it does not appear in the others. It is not a UFO. It is not the sub-satellite Worden discusses as if it was a genuine object (it isn't) it is far too big. They then discuss an alleged sighting by Cernan that is not mentioned in the clip.

It is quite obviously a programme putting 2 and 2 together and making 28 so they can fill some airtime and sell some advertising space.
edit on 27/11/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: Clarifications and timings

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ArMaP

What is that? Methane escaping? Reminds me of what you see at the top of a landfill.

I don't think so, as those "blue lights" appear in several photos, in different places, and they always look the same, regardless of appearing near the ground or in the sky, so I suppose they are some kind of photo artefact, something that could be created (I suppose) by a particle hitting the light sensitive emulsion of the film.

Below is a list of photos in which I have seen those "blue lights".

AS14-66-9290
AS14-66-9293
AS14-66-9294
AS14-66-9295
AS14-66-9296
AS14-66-9297
AS14-66-9299
AS14-66-9301
AS14-66-9320
AS14-66-9339
AS14-66-9345
AS14-66-9346

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

www.mirror.co.uk... I've been red pilled on UFO after seeing NASA cut feed on real UFO footage on ISS. Anybody have any credible reason why astronauts see blinking lights on the moon? I don't think that the "cosmic ray" theory but NASA or am i being paranoid...

The ISS videos where the feed is cut off are from YouTube users like ColdPyro who are fraudsters. They edit ISS footage video and claim that is what was recorded at the time.

As for flashing lights, yes you are being slightly paranoid. It was explained in the posted article they measured the cosmic rays passing through their helmets.
edit on 27-11-2016 by Mnb72 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join