It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump 'seriously considering' Ben Carson for HUD secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson is under active consideration to be the next secretary of Housing and Urban Development, President-elect Trump said Tuesday.

"I am seriously considering Dr. Ben Carson as the head of HUD. I've gotten to know him well — he's a greatly talented person who loves people," Trump tweeted Tuesday afternoon.

Trump met with Carson at Trump Tower on Tuesday, presumably to discuss the Cabinet-level position. Carson had previously been floated as a possible Secretary of Education or Health and Human Services.

Trump 'seriously considering' Ben Carson for HUD secretary

As with many republicans, my support of a presidential candidate Donald Trump was not immediate..

President-elect Trump was an unknown and elusive figure to a humble conservative Texan such as myself...

Dr. Ben Carson, however, was a brilliant man who achieved mythic status in the meritocratist realm of academic medicine by becoming Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital at age 33...
Dr. Carson held this position with distinction for nearly 30 years...

Anyhow, his endorsement of Trump upon his exiting the primary race caused me to open my mind up and research trumps positions...
Positions I found to be uncannily in line with my sensibilities...

I do not know if I would have afforded Trump the same latitude were it not for Ben Carson's continuing support and entanglement with him...

So it is with great pleasure[to me] Dr. Carson is being considered for a cabinet position heading the department of housing and urban development..

This is another example of Trumps tendency to make excellent talent evaluations and a continuation of my awe in his ability to make the "correct" decisions..

-Chris

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I tell you this...

I am damned glad that he did not get picked for any position involving education or funding for scientific projects. For a neurosurgeon he is EXQUISITLY ill informed about the other sciences.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I tell you this...

I am damned glad that he did not get picked for any position involving education or funding for scientific projects. For a neurosurgeon he is EXQUISITLY ill informed about the other sciences.

Yes, exactly. 100%
Carson actually seems like a really nice guy, but his creationist stuff...ugg. I was worried he would be put in for the department of education.
(at which point I would be on board with the abolishment of the department)

this seems fine, but outside of his expertise. I would think something more medically oriented...perhaps even surgeon general if fitting.
Keep him away from fiddling with the school books and it should be fine.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I agree. As soon as I read on ATS that Dr. Carson was going to be a pick, it did get me excited. I haven't researched the backgrounds of all of Trump's recent picks yet, but Carson is a man who could do a lot of good for this country.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Can't respect Carson after claiming to seriously run for president then when offered to run an agency he says this.

It was only a week ago that Ben Carson had put out word that he wasn't qualified to run a federal agency, and thus had no place in Donald Trump's Cabinet.

la times

Even if he was being polite that is a horrible answer to come from a former candidate.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What is most interesting about this, is that it would seem that Trump is quite serious about following through on his promise to rehabilitate and revitalize America's inner cities.

Ben Carson in the role of HUD Secretary would:

a) Provide an important element of diversity in Trump's Cabinet
b) Give Carson a role in rebuilding inner city schools and educational facilities (remembering they will be doing away with Common Core...so I assume Carson's evolution versus creation views will not come into play)
c) Show to the African American and Hispanic communities that the Republican Party is not uni-racial, in fact or in its priorities
d) Showcase Carson as a living breathing visible example of where hard work and dedication can lead for minority youth in America

Assuming that Carson/Trump can bring Law and Order, Education, Jobs and prosperity back to Urban America, this appointment could lead to nothing short of the re-drawing of the political map. If this partnership were to actually perform, the Democrats might no longer be able to count on 95% of the African American vote, or 65% of the Hispanic vote...just because.

No pressure Ben, but this could be a brilliant move!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Can't respect Carson after claiming to seriously run for president then when offered to run an agency he says this.

It was only a week ago that Ben Carson had put out word that he wasn't qualified to run a federal agency, and thus had no place in Donald Trump's Cabinet.

la times

Even if he was being polite that is a horrible answer to come from a former candidate.

As cincinatus and George Washington before him, the true patriot neither seeks nor wants the power to govern...

It is only when power is foisted upon these men will they heed the call...

George Washington had to be basically dragged away from mount Vernon to rule...and he, for the first time in modern history, surrendered power with no compunction...

As napolean would later opine, "they wanted me to be George Washington but no man can be"

-Chris

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

la times

After these reports came out, Carson denied ever having said this, and said that he would want to seriously look at any offers to serve in Trump's cabinet...it was one of his "associates" that made these remarks.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Excellent rebuttal, and the comment under yours states Carson denies saying those comments.

I'll stay open minded, I just worry for his subordinates, I'll vote to give them all five hour energy to keep from falling asleep in meetings.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
What is most interesting about this, is that it would seem that Trump is quite serious about following through on his promise to rehabilitate and revitalize America's inner cities.

Ben Carson in the role of HUD Secretary would:

a) Provide an important element of diversity in Trump's Cabinet
b) Give Carson a role in rebuilding inner city schools and educational facilities (remembering they will be doing away with Common Core...so I assume Carson's evolution versus creation views will not come into play)
c) Show to the African American and Hispanic communities that the Republican Party is not uni-racial, in fact or in its priorities
d) Showcase Carson as a living breathing visible example of where hard work and dedication can lead for minority youth in America

Assuming that Carson/Trump can bring Law and Order, Education, Jobs and prosperity back to Urban America, this appointment could lead to nothing short of the re-drawing of the political map. If this partnership were to actually perform, the Democrats might no longer be able to count on 95% of the African American vote, or 65% of the Hispanic vote...just because.

No pressure Ben, but this could be a brilliant move!

That is exactly what I thought and maybe he can help calm things down in those areas and try to make improvements. It obviously will take much more than just rebuilding these areas up, in order to keep them that way. But that is another story.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Does anyone watch the ABC TV show Designated Survivor?

Here is a synopsis of the show's premise (paraphrased from Wikipedia):

"On the night of the State of the Union address, an explosion claims the lives of the President, Vice President, virtually all members of Congress, and all members of the President's Cabinet except for U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Tom Kirkman, who has been named the designated survivor. Kirkman is immediately sworn in as President, unaware that the attack is just the beginning of what is to come."

edit on 2016/11/22 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I thought he turned down a position because he lacked Government experience, yet he ran for President?
So we are going to ask him again? Maybe he is just still looking for his luggage.

I'm glad you think these Cabinet Picks are great, I find them frightening, honestly.
edit on 22-11-2016 by ugmold because: edit

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I thought this was kind of a random position for Dr Carson. Owell, we will see how it goes.

Funny how one by one Trump is appointing all his Republican competitors from the primary into positions in his office. The country voted for Trump, not them.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

la times

After these reports came out, Carson denied ever having said this, and said that he would want to seriously look at any offers to serve in Trump's cabinet...it was one of his "associates" that made these remarks.

Looks like we can put LA times in the category of fake news. You gotta wonder how often they lied before the internet and we had no way of knowing.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
BOOM..

CARSON IN

www.nytimes.com...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

la times

Looks like we can put LA times in the category of fake news. You gotta wonder how often they lied before the internet and we had no way of knowing.

On the other hand, the internet has become a forum for any random blogger who can write anything they want and call it "News" or call themselves "Journalists" -- and then have a bunch of people believe it to be real news.

So it cuts both ways. The internet may allow for greater checking of mainstream media stories, but it also allows for a greater number of people who just publish whatever they please to the world, without facts to back them up.

edit on 2016/12/5 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join