It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite the name, yoga pants are NOT pants y'all!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'd like to add to your rant.

Volleyball shorts..

My daughters volleyball team and all the teams they play wear shorts up to their cheeks.
They would be suspended for wearing them to class but in the gym is fine...ugh

When my kid wears tights we make sure her shirt covers the goods.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Life is great until they hit about 145-150...then things go downhill pretty quickly after that! (like 'off a cliff', quickly).

Some people just should not wear yoga pants...to the grocery store!

Seriously though, as much as I love a great (adult) woman's body, some of the things I see parents let their kids wear is a little over the top and yoga pants are often among these.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Dunno about everyone else but I love watching my GF walk around in Yoga pants and leggings, get a real kick out of it.

On other women, don't know, don't care - I don't look and if it happens to cross my eye I just ignore it. They don't bother me either way, luckily my GF does not wear them in public and so I get that kick.

Now wearing yoga pants in public is, to me, like a man putting a sock down his trousers and pretending he's not 'peacocking'. There's MUCH to be said about children wearing them with words like "Juicy" plastered over the back. I tend to look straight ahead when I'm out and about lest my peepers clap eyes on some other societally accepted horror show.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Colombia, Yoga Pants

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I am aware of that.

As a result of my awareness, I assume that a woman would not want to randomly flash her pubic region in my face while tying her shoes, because that would not be a lady like thing to do, and I assume the best of people, ergo, that women I meet are ladies.

Understand, there are many situations in which I would be more than pleased to become acquainted with the delicate topography of a lady, but ALL of those situations involve a pre-existing understanding, mutual trust, companionship, and atom deep yearning centered around a gelling of personalities, hopes, dreams and hearts. Yes, I am a romantic, and an old fashioned man, and unashamed of it.

What I most certainly do NOT approve of, is a lady pointing her vagina in my face without even asking my bloody name first, because that is either an unfortunate accident, in which case jolly embarrassing, or the behaviour of a tramp, which I also have no time for!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

If they ever ban them....I'm gonna jump off a bridge! Greatest thing to come athong...um...a-LONG ever!

Ladies? 'Luv you all! (Hey! I'm a guy!)
edit on 22-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Like I said, I think this was my mom's pet peeve and it got hammered into my brain pretty good.

Mine too! The one that came to mind as I read your OP was, "Don't advertise what isn't for sale!" and "If you've really got it, you don't have to flaunt it." Gotta love moms and their wisdom, eh?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I'm a male heterosexual and I don't find yoga pants sexy AT ALL. I like there to be something to be left to the imagination. A loose skirt, if it accentuates the hips and is just the right length and has long legs protruding, now THAT is sexy!

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I'll get this part out of the way. As a male out by myself it doesn't bother me haha.

If it was any of my sisters or a significant other. I would try and find the most polite way to approach them on it without sounding judgmental. They can do what they want and God knows I've done my share of blatantly dumb things.

If my girlfriend did it to much though I think I would just buy a pair and go out with her one day as a twinsy. My guess is it would be the last time she wore them out with me or the last time we went out haha.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheBulk

Understand, there are many situations in which I would be more than pleased to become acquainted with the delicate topography of a lady, but ALL of those situations involve a pre-existing understanding, mutual trust, companionship, and atom deep yearning centered around a gelling of personalities, hopes, dreams and hearts. Yes, I am a romantic, and an old fashioned man, and unashamed of it.

Damn TrueBrit, too bad there's an ocean between us. I would date you so hard!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

oh screw decorum :

yoga pants - on attractive , athletic young ladies = yes

yoga pants on - fat waddling hilderbeests that look like they are some frankensteinian creation made from ballooons stuffeded with rancid suet - hell no

does that answer the question - and did i fail to offend anyone ?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As an old, fat, balding man. . . . .

I'm going to start wearing yoga pants.

(Cue. . . "my eyes, my eyes" in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . . )

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I will say this much though...yoga pants are a thousand orders of magnitude better than the 'baggie, street-bum, homeless, emo, vampire, dead-person' look of just a few years ago!!!!!

edit on 11/22/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You'll get just as many looks as anyone else wearing daily yoga pants...be sure to tally the looks of approval vs. looks of nausea

link   

You say that till you see the thread he started a year ago talking about a book he read on how to score chicks....

I made that up, he seems like a good guy. Haha.

link   
Triggered much OP?

At least people arent wearing pants that hanging off their butts or booty short shorts or speedos.

If you dont like what you see, avert yout gaze to something more pleasant. People dont dress for you to look at, people dress for themselves. Wearing yoga pants is a workout attire and not indecent exposure.... Its a human body, get a grip

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah..perhaps a bit tooooo good. Come on ladies there's your red flag right there!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

*blushes*

You do me too much honour, milady.

*bows*

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey man you stole my idea! Haha.

Only difference, my thunder thighs would project power and demand respect muhahaha....

Or everyone would think I'm a sissy and laugh.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yoga pants for everyone!" 

Well that's taking it a bit too far.

There should be a weight limit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join