It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump has said, that many people would like Nigel Farage to be our new US ammbasador

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Given the amount of talk regarding Trump I thought I would jump on the bandwagon with something us UK members could actually have a valid opinion on.

Nigel Farage has accused Downing Street of putting its dislike of him ahead of the national interest after No 10 dismissed Donald Trump's comment that he could be a "great" ambassador. The UKIP leader said No 10 needed to accept "the world has changed", adding he was "in a good position, with the president-elect's support, to help". Mr Trump had tweeted that "many people" would like to see Mr Farage in the role and he would do a "great job". But No 10 said there was "no vacancy".

BBC article 1

This to me seems a little worrying as it could be seen that Mr trump may be overestimating his new found role and also the true nature of the general opinion of himself and more so his buddy Nigel.

(from the below BBC article)

The sheer chutzpah and breach of diplomatic protocol in a future head of state telling the Queen whom she should appoint as her ambassador to the United States has understandably raised hackles across Whitehall. But before we work ourselves into too much of a lather of indignation, we should be aware that there is a precedent for this. It is widely understood that President John F Kennedy suggested to Harold Macmillan in 1961 that he might like to appoint the Conservative politician Sir David Ormsby-Gore as Britain's ambassador.

So firstly does Trump have any right to start makng suggestions regarding other nations choice of ambassador and secondly does anyone really want Farage involved in world politics at all never mind at this kind of level?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Most Americans dont know the name of their states congressmen or even know who holds the house or senate.

lol

real talk.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I would very much like to see Farage as US ambassador! Although i feel my country has become overwhelmed by SJW's to the point where even the silent majority would struggle to elect Farage whether it was desired or not?

Hopefully if Trump paves the way by creating a government that is for the the people and country then hopefully it may sway a lot of brits to think the same!
edit on 22-11-2016 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Most Americans dont know the name of their states congressmen or even know who holds the house or senate.

lol

real talk.

i would ask for statistics to back that up but I feel that you would be able to provide them in scary proportions...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
I would very much like to see Farage as US ambassador! Although i feel my country has become overwhelmed by SJW's to the point where even the silent majority would struggle to elect Farage whether it was desired or not?

Hopefully if Trump paves the way by creating a government that is for the the people and country then hopefully it may sway a lot of brits to think the same!

So what is it about Farage's political and international policies and goals that make you feel he would be the right person for this particular role?

I am intrigued as to your reasoning on this and how it would benefit both nations on a global scale?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Mr Trump is free to want whatever he likes.

And we, the British people as well as our parliament and indeed Her Majesty The Queen, are free to completely ignore the moronic pair of lackwits, Trump and Farage both.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Ask an American. And say NO GOOGLE.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Mr Trump is free to want whatever he likes.

And we, the British people as well as our parliament and indeed Her Majesty The Queen, are free to completely ignore the moronic pair of lackwits, Trump and Farage both.

Although somewhat less verbose than your usual posts and lacking the eloquence you usually employ I have to say that you have hit the nail firmly on the head sir.

they are as silly as each other and I would be reluctant to give them the responsibility to organise a childs birthday.

The thought of the pair of them actually working together is not a pleasant one.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

firstly asking :

that many people would like .................

led directly to the " boaty mcboatface " farce -

so - no we should not always make descisions based on what a lot of people want

second

So firstly does Trump have any right to start makng suggestions regarding other nations choice of ambassador

yes - he does and further - he could reject the credentials of an ambasarorial applicant

but having said that it is // was only a suggestion

next - people should actually read what trump said - not make crap up - this is not an attack on the OP - but a source he quotes has fallen into this trap

lastly

does anyone really want Farage involved in world politics at all never mind at this kind of level?

my own extremly vindictive opionion - is i would not trust mr farage to run a bath let alone the diplomatic mission to one of our most important allies

yes - i has met the little twerp

and finally - i have lost the will - i need a drink - cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I like Nigel mostly for his anti globalist stance, but not as much as i like reading you all's post in a British accent

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

LOLZ - as my loathing and contempt for rugrats is even deeper than my disdain of politicians :

mr N farage - esq. - childrens partiy co-ordinator `

has something of a ring to it

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Oh no, the 21st century's own Oswald Mosley

edit on -216002016-11-22T11:44:12-06:000000001230201612112016Tue, 22 Nov 2016 11:44:12 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So firstly does Trump have any right to start makng suggestions regarding other nations choice of ambassador and secondly does anyone really want Farage involved in world politics at all never mind at this kind of level?

While I agree the rest of the world found it fitting for them to say he shouldn't even run. So I doubt he will extend the same considerations or lack there of.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Ask an American. And say NO GOOGLE.

You didn't say no YouTube. Buhahahaha loophole.

Edit: I just Googled YouTube and Google owns it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

1) Trump has the right to say whatever he wants.

2) If I was Prime Minister I'd employ Farrage for the obvious strong direct link with the leader of our most powerful ally.
Businesses employ people for their network links all the time.
In these days of considering future trade deals I'd be employing those with the closest relationships to those I'm negotiating with.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

By the way, I agree most Americans don't know him, but I've always liked him. His messages are so powerful and abrasive he has to pepper in humor to make it palatable (I know many would say he's not).

But he is so passionate yet relatable as a human I think he gets away with it. I like watching his speeches and this topic got me to rewatch some, finding again this gem.

YouTube

I'm on my mobile so I can't embed.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

1) Trump has the right to say whatever he wants.

2) If I was Prime Minister I'd employ Farrage for the obvious strong direct link with the leader of our most powerful ally.
Businesses employ people for their network links all the time.
In these days of considering future trade deals I'd be employing those with the closest relationships to those I'm negotiating with.

1: I agree in that he has the right to say whatever he wants(unless in the UK and it's deemed hate speech, been there a while back remember
)

2: Yep you are possibly right, If I were a corrup Tory leader he is exactly the kind of person I would give that kind of responsibility to.

What are your thoughts on this little gem regarding their "special friendship then?

Donald Trump urges Nigel Farage to help his campaign to ban wind farms from the UK Trump used his meeting with Farage in New York last week to bring up his 'dismay' at Scotland being 'over-run with ugly wind farms' President-elect has fought three-year legal battle to ban 'ugly' wind farms in site of his luxury Scottish golf resort Farage ally Andy Wigmore revealed Trump 'did suggest that we should campaign' to oppose wind farms across Britain Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Link

It's from the daily mail so chose not to use the external "news" link option...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think it a good idea.

Leaving the EU we need to make friends with both the USA and China.

Fariage will put us front of Obamas que with Trump.

It to me makes good business sense.

With the USA edging toward cutting off it trade agreements to 3rd world countrys the UK could be ina very good place to get a very good trade deal from the USA. We are one of the very few countrys where a trade deal could benfit both countrys rather than suck jobs away.
edit on 22-11-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Farage in many of his EUMP statements makes much sense and actually uses just plain logic, he seems like a straight shooter to me and I would be very happy to see him in this role..

Of course there are powers at be that do not want people such as him anywhere near power, if this trend continues however as it seems to be after Brexit then Trump and now serious talk about this position with Farage who knows what the future holds for us members of society that do not need a safe space and are happy to take responsibility for our actions.. SJW hate that of course, exciting times...

RA

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think they both misunderstand the function of ambassadors.
Ambassadors are not there to present their own views. They are there to represent the views of the government that sends them out (and to report back what they hear).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join