It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Any Conflicts Of Interest Were Priced Into Your Vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What are you talking about? You made a point and I'm refuting it because it was illogical. If you decide to make a more logical approach to the OP, I'll address that. That's how you discuss a topic. Your red herring here though is irrelevant and I don't care about that.

Yea, I made a point that Trump isn't in jail. I also made a point that the whole time I have supported him, I've known about his international business. I'm just wondering what there is to refute and because I hold a different opinion than you, why that makes my point illogical.

Don't be coy. You said this:

If he's so corrupt why isn't he in jail?

I addressed that question and showed how ridiculous it was. Now you are pretending like you never said it.

It's not ridiculous at all. Why isn't he in jail if he is so corrupt as you say?

LOLOLOL dude never sad he belonged in jail - YOU were the one who made that up and now are using at as if someone else said it.

Not to mention you are asking loaded questions which is fallacious.

"It's not ridiculous at all."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If Trump doesn't hand off his company to the kids, this would be a serious blow to his credibility.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

So what you are saying is that it is ok to bend the rules because it isn't TECHNICALLY illegal yet?

There is no gray area here. It isn't illegal because he isn't in office. Show me anything illegal he has done.

He would have had legal issues already slamming him if it was illegal.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Which is bending the rules. Which is what I just said. It's not technically illegal, but it certainly isn't within the spirit of the law.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

I don't think that is even credible..his kids should have nothing to do with, IE his kids are not a blind trust imo.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What are you talking about? You made a point and I'm refuting it because it was illogical. If you decide to make a more logical approach to the OP, I'll address that. That's how you discuss a topic. Your red herring here though is irrelevant and I don't care about that.

Yea, I made a point that Trump isn't in jail. I also made a point that the whole time I have supported him, I've known about his international business. I'm just wondering what there is to refute and because I hold a different opinion than you, why that makes my point illogical.

Don't be coy. You said this:

If he's so corrupt why isn't he in jail?

I addressed that question and showed how ridiculous it was. Now you are pretending like you never said it.

It's not ridiculous at all. Why isn't he in jail if he is so corrupt as you say?

LOLOLOL dude never sad he belonged in jail - YOU were the one who made that up and now are using at as if someone else said it.

Not to mention you are asking loaded questions which is fallacious.

"It's not ridiculous at all."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ok and I never claimed the poster said he belonged in jail so whats your point?

Loaded questions? How about a loaded thread. This thread is about something Trump hasn't even done yet. Not to mention that the headline is just bias reporting and another example of Trump being taken out of context. How about you and your libtard buddies go and do some reading and get back to me about actual facts in the article. I know its hard to hold back your triggered response being a snowflake and all, but you should really try and stick to the topic and not on me.

Here have a trophy...

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Perhaps not illegal, how about unethical?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Dude...he hasn't done the same as Hillary. There's no comparison. Yet.

Using that logic, people who have potential to commit a crime are as guilty as those who actually do.
I *could* kill someone, so I may as well be a serial killer.

Wait until he's actually in office and the crime is committed before you jump on him.

Also, a blind trust isn't even adequate. Someone outside the family needs to have an equal controlling interest (relative to whatever power his kids end up with). So if you're going to push for the guy to do it right, maybe you should make sure the solution you're pushing is right. As long as his kids have majority control of his business there's always going to be at least some skepticism.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I guess it depends on what you think is ethical. I can't recall a single bill passed by Congress that didn't benefit those passing it....is that ethical?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Which is bending the rules. Which is what I just said. It's not technically illegal, but it certainly isn't within the spirit of the law.

My issue is that people are crying about loopholes and rule bending and blah blah blah. If it is not illegal and there is no rule against what he is doing at this exact point then maybe it's the ones making the laws that should be under the microscope.

It seems unless and until the advantage is no longer in their favor there is never an issue with it.
edit on 11/22/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Seriously?
You're actually now using the "spirit of the law" line?

I'm not sure that your posts ripping on everyone who disagrees are in line with the "spirit of the T&C's".

What's next?

"Well, what the founding fathers REALLY meant was...[insert your opinion here]"

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Indigo5

Like I said before....at this point there is no conflict. He is not POTUS.

Do you not think a President Elect in the midst of assembling a cabinet and policy direction is not subject to any ethical standards or vulnerable to corruption? I don't understand your premise.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5

If Trump doesn't hand off his company to the kids, this would be a serious blow to his credibility.

if he does hand if off to his kids, he still has no credibility, his kids will simply become very wealthy....

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: Indigo5

Like I said before....at this point there is no conflict. He is not POTUS.

Do you not think a President Elect in the midst of assembling a cabinet and policy direction is not subject to any ethical standards or vulnerable to corruption? I don't understand your premise.

Again...please let me know when Congress passes the bill on this issue you seem to have with the legality or ethics of what is or isn't happening. At this point there is apparently nothing illegal and ethics is a matter of opinion apparently only held for the opposing view when the rules don't work in their favor any more.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I guess it depends on what you think is ethical. I can't recall a single bill passed by Congress that didn't benefit those passing it....is that ethical?

if you cannot understand why it is so important for a president to put his assets into a blind trust...then it is useless for anyone to discuss it with you.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The first thing to point out is the OP is dishonest with the title of the thread.
Trump's tweet said nothing about pricing a conflict of interest into the vote.

Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!

For all we know he is currently preparing the specifics of how he hands all this business over to others to run. I am quite sure such discussions will be part of the transition considerations. Whatever the outcome, until there is some corruption that comes to light, this is nothing more than mud slinging. Throwing mud at the wall (pun intended), hoping like crazy some will stick.

He's not even started yet, and the complete dishonesty and propaganda so typical of the left is in full swing.

I actually hope they keep it up as every day the hysteria being whipped up by these people is further cementing their own demise.

edit on 22/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
His credibility....to who? The left? HuffPo? How can his kids get any 'richer'? I could care less who runs his company as long as he can run the country.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Please tell us why then?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

if you cannot understand why it is so important for a president to put his assets into a blind trust...then it is useless for anyone to discuss it with you.

I sure can understand it. If you can't understand that he is NOT POTUS yet then there is no point discussing it at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: jimmyx

Please tell us why then?

the fact that you ask this question, means, (1) that you do not understand the concept...and/or...(2) you have no desire, nor the curiosity to educate yourself on that concept.....thus, my explanation would be meaningless to you, as well as a waste of time for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join