It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Any Conflicts Of Interest Were Priced Into Your Vote

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Do you expect his children to never go visit him at the White House?

Every president we have ever had Has and always will benefit from the possisition of being president, it is impossible not to benefit from it, you are the president, you are going to meet people, and after it is over you will have to go back to the life you had 4-8 years prior.

What corruption is, is if he passes laws that are not in the countries best interests and benefit him and his company, if he passes a law that helps all businesses then his will also naturally benefit, and sense all companies in America operate off the same laws....

Or he could tell his children not to visit him for the next 4 years..... give it a rest already,

it doesn't matter if it is his kids, his aunt or the guy down the street, it is his company at the end of the day
edit on 23-11-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

According to a Congressional Research Service report issued in October, Trump is right.

“Because of concerns regarding interference with the exercise of constitutional duties, Congress had not applied [criminal penalties for conflicts of interest] to the President,” the report stated. “Consequently, there is no current legal requirement that would compel the President to relinquish financial interests because of a conflict of interest.”

www.foxnews.com...

Now that Mr. Trump is President , and after he is Sworn In on Jan. 20th , he will be Immune from Any Conflict of Interest Between his Duties as President , and his Business Holdings .

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The unspoken line in his quote: "Its not the people who voted for me who have the problem with this."

This is what he means by "the media bringing it up". If no one considered a billionaire possibly leveraging his power as POTUS, then they deserve to be duped. We The People can't keep trying to plead stupidity.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

So he's basically talking to the media and the American public like an abuser: "You knew about this before and you still got into a relationship with me and so you shouldn't bring it up".

Thank you Trump supporters for dragging me into your dysfunctional relationship with this psycho. Now the rest of us have to deal with your daddy issues and/or abusive partner baggage that you so clearly haven't dealt with.

You got that vibe too?

It's part and parcel though for his personality type. It does fit with his past behavior of dismissing everything and turning everything around as a distraction away from himself.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is what he means by "the media bringing it up". If no one considered a billionaire possibly leveraging his power as POTUS, then they deserve to be duped. We The People can't keep trying to plead stupidity.

Would it be Any Different if Mr. Trump were Poor before he became President ? Harry S. Truman was a Bank Clerk , Farmer , and Haberdasher from Lamar, Missouri . Harry Truman was so poor upon his return to Missouri , that he had to move into his Mother-Inlaw's House , and lived off a 25,000 a Year Pension until the day he Died . He was the President of the United States , but the " Buck " didn't Stop in his Pocket after he left Office , so what makes you Think Mr. Trump would somehow Enrich himself as being a President considering he already is a Very Wealthy Man ?
edit on 24-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Can you post your opening post again, but this time with only what Trump actually said?

I just want to see how you get "Trump Says Any Conflicts Of Interest Were Priced Into Your Vote" from what he really said without any media bias/spin or your hilariously fake outrage.

You're right, he's not the president yet. He still has time to separate his business from his public office.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How many houses around the country did Obama own before becoming President?
How many does he own now?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I have dealings with people having extreme wealth, some with wealth on par or exceeding Mr. Trumps. They aren't erning to survive. They are earning to get a higher life score to support their ego. To them cash is a tool used to peddle for influence. If you have a lot of cash, you get to determine the terms. You are the one people come to meet, you don't go to meet them.

Truman was a rather remarkable man. I don't know if a Truman would make it today. We prefer megalomania and enormous ego. Humility is a virtue that apparently isn't in high demand.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I could Never Understand the Motivation behind Greed . Anyone who experiences it to a Maniacal Degree must be a Very Mentally Unstable Person . Physical Life in terms of time in Years is short , what comes after our Physical Death must surely be of a Greater Concern than the Accumulation of Wealth and Power in this World which is quite Fleeting . Everything has it's Price I Guess...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: stolencar18
a reply to: redhorse

Spoken like a true leftie. "You disagree with me so you must have something wrong with you psychologically because my perspective is the only one that could possibly be correct".

I'm not left.

I find both sides to be assumptive actually. Congratulations on behaving predictably though.

You assume that you are not left ??

Or is it just that you like assuming yourself....

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join