It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Economist New 2017 Cover: Planet Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I don't know if we ever were able to pull anything out of it, but since it's a tradition, let's have some fun.))

[link]

2016's cover, actually just one half (thread: 1):

2015's cover (threads: 1, 2):

edit on 2016 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
I don't know if we ever were able to pull anything out of it, but since it's a tradition, let's have some fun.))

I'm glad you posted this article, i was talking to a friend of mine last night about the Economist article here, but couldn't find it and then totally forgot about it until i saw this. It does have the essence of revelation proportions.

.The Castle on the Hill being broken in half, signifies an end of Power.

.Trump signifies what we all know, the Judgement of America.

.The World in all it's Knowledgeable glory from ancient times, hidden like secrets from Humanity and coveted by those with power.

.The Hermit Signifies Virgo, as we can see, the Moon almost appears to be either Eclipsed or Cresent, with a split Earth at Virgo's feet.

.Death Card = War and a Red Sun. Japan? or possibly both.... the effects of a Nuclear Fallout bringing pestilence and starvation.

.The blinded Magician, doing what has always been done. Tricking the Masses into believing nothing has changed. Leading the Sheep to slaughter by means of persuasion through money and physical luxuries.

.France and the wheel of fortune. Political agendas gone awry but money talks so they don't care. Everything is an x to them, a john henry.

.The Star and last card, a Meteor. The falling star followed by more. The falling of those who wished evil upon the world, see the faces in the stars. Time has run out for them.

edit on 21-11-2016 by LadyButterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

The covers you added under analytical suggestion, where half the people are in black and white in 2015 but not in 2016. Putin for example and the leader of China are now in color. A breaking away of old school relentless holds on society. A change occuring? There's a lot embedded within these pictures.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
For a start, the 2016 cover depicts a triumphant Hillary and omits Donald altogether.
That should kill the idea that these covers offer any knowledge of the future.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Of course, I'm absolutely sceptical here too.
But at the same time, if I didn't manage to pull anything out of something, it doesn't mean there was nothing.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

That cover is from after Trump had already all but won the republican nomination.

So it's not prognosticating it's reporting.

I share Disaeli's skepticism of taking any predictive abilities from some magazine cover.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
I concur! I have never seen a single convincing explanation about those annual covers. And of course, nothing really predictive. Who on earth have said the covers are "predictive"? Sheer nonsense! Agenda-promoting? Much more likely.

At least, those are interesting ones, and I can't believe they are absolutely meaningless, something must be there.

I like this 2017 work because of the idea: they've used classic symbolic system (tarot) with its own unlimited interpretations and modified it by incorporating current issues.

Wiki linky for the mentioned cards:
The Tower
Judgement
The World
The Hermit
Death
The Magician
Wheel of Fortune
The Star

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Seems like they were trying to lay out the future for us with the three women of power front and center. Too bad we have an election process here in the great US of A

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
In the 2016 cover, a gun is pointed at the rainbow flag of the USA. The Orlando Pulse attack?

Anyway, it's a lot of fun speculating. Thanks for the 2017 cover!

The Tower: The Protestants (the 95 theses nailed to the door), the Catholics, the Russian Orthodox set to clash? And while Russia and the Catholics appear to have an army, the Protestants seem to be out of luck, stuck in the middle.

The Hermit card is interesting! The people marching against the EU/TTIP, the schism in the world.. The Hermit card in tarot is meant to symbolize spiritual attainment/ truth.
edit on 21-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Another pro-globalist publication fear mongering the rejection of their economic world view???

Don't say it is so.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

This is ripe with substance and symbolism. I love this topic - thank you for sharing OP, S & F multiplied by a thousand if I could

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
As we saw only completely biased mainstream media coverage prior to the recent presidential election it is obtuse and naïve of us to expect anything to change post it. It may be possible to interpret some esoteric meanings here, and that may indeed be the point. I am more inclined to agree with Loam in that what this really represents is the fear of the globalist monetary economic controllers in facing the first ever threat of a nascent populist uprising.
edit on 21-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
...of a nascent populistic uprising.

fixed it for you))

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
...of a nascent populistic uprising.

fixed it for you))

If you must.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
For a start, the 2016 cover depicts a triumphant Hillary and omits Donald altogether.
That should kill the idea that these covers offer any knowledge of the future.

Pied Piper is next to Putin

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Pied Piper is next to Putin

And what exactly is that supposed to be predicting?

Do you mean the half-obscured cartoon figure? Otherwise Putin stands between David Cameron and a person I don't recognise.

P.S. I now realise that you have switched over to the 2015 cover. My question still stands though; how is that offering any knowledge of the future to the people who first saw it?
edit on 21-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Predictive in the sense that this is what they are planning, but like all plans, they are subject to unforeseen changes.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm most curious about "The Star" card. I've looked at it as closely as I can and it definitely appears to be high school pictures of various people. I cannot determine the identity of anyone on there as of yet. Mostly, I want to know if the faces are those of known/famous individuals or not.

The Star:

Editing to add for those who may not know: If you r-click/view image, you can see a larger version and enlarge it even further from there.
edit on 21-11-2016 by gottaknow because: Added pic viewing info

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

These Americanised tarot cards are fascinating. The Tower rendered as a battle between Communists and Christians with the Christian fortress struck from above decapitating the tower... and one presumes decapitating Christian religious power. Easy to read it also as "Armageddon" just as the last card "The Star" could be read as "Wormwood".

The card "Judgment" with the US spelling indicates judgement of an US American variety either imposed by Trump enthroned or that what is represented by Trump enthroned sitting with his arse upon the USA's flag indicating "Judgement" for the USA itself.

"The Wheel of Fortune" is fascinating with the Sun shining upon the ascending Marine le Pen, and lightning striking Angela Merkel descending head down. At the bottom... one wonders if that is meant to be Geert Wilders...
edit on 21/11/2016 by Kapriti because: 8

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
the way the cover to the economist works is interesting. Generally, some, and in a few cases, all of the imagery is a "message" to those who read it. It is not for those controlled by those who read it. So one has to look at the message from the POV of a lower level control person who subscribes. If you look at 2016, Hillary is facing the wrong direction, the unfavorable direction, suggesting they had concern about her. Not "she loses" but concern she was not in favor.

The use of the Tarot, straight up, is shocking. The cards are used in two ways, to help clarify issues happening, and to help predict future events and issues. The cards are by their nature not of this world, like the photos in the previous covers were clearly of this world. So right there they are saying, "something is happening that is not of this world, beyond the ordinary" and maybe magic/divination is the only way to get an explanation.

Two cards are askew, they are drawing the attention to those two cards, likely saying "these are the the reasons for the change" so blame them. The cards suggest that nothing will ever be the same, expect nothing but change. Now, since this is aimed at those lower level control folks they are telling them "you're screwed and we think there is nothing to do about it." That's fascinating.

The Star Card is quite interesting, near as I can see from this image there are two faces not of this world, suggesting average folks as well as a few non average have spoken and the connection to the Trump card suggests that it is the world's selection, not just America's election, that is the key here. The world has spoken through this selection.

You'll note the world card is not Earth, but the part controlled by those who control. The image suggests, at least at some level, the old ways are about to be thrown into upheaval and there is nothing to do but watch. The wheel of fortune card suggests the same, "only god knows whose head is going to role."

In all, fascinating change of direction. For me, an admission that what once was is no longer, at least as seen by those who stand to loose the most.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join