It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Wikileaks and/or Tor compromised?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I feel that it has to be compromised at this point.

Especially with some of the "things" that have been exposed and how they seem to be inconsequential and nothing actually comes of it

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If the intelligence agencies and US government in general wanted to bad enough they could easily get the Ecuadorian government to play ball. It is a matter of large amounts of cash and favors and they would work with the US. That is the problem faced by Asange and Wikileaks in general.

The other issue about TOR being compromised is absolutely believable. Does anyone remember when the FBI replaced DNS servers for a period of time over Russian hacking? It would not take many resources to put servers out there. If they wanted to track down server locations and anyone that physically accesses them they could do it.

However as someone mentioned above, the government created TOR. If you have read capabilities of the NSA then you should know that they had absolute control of TOR before it was ever released. The NSA and other agencies have been putting their own chips on any communications circuit boards since they started making them in the US. China has done the same with boards they manufacture. Something that people don't realize is they also operate systems on a 30 bit structure that civilian systems won't even be able to communicate on. Also, all commercial encryption software made in the US has a LEAK. It is a Law Enforcement Access Key that intelligence agencies keep. If you want encryption without the LEAK you have to write it yourself or use encryption that a private concern wrote.

It would not surprise me in the least that the intelligence agencies have been monitoring everything going on. They normally let the activity go on because moving against it would alert all of their potential targets that the system is compromised. TOR is used by field agents.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
all commercial encryption software made in the US has a LEAK. It is a Law Enforcement Access Key that intelligence agencies keep. If you want encryption without the LEAK you have to write it yourself or use encryption that a private concern wrote.
False. I've never seen any evidence suggesting US police have any master encryption keys. However, the Canadian government is known to have a master key for Blackberry devices.
Source: www.theverge.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5

all commercial encryption software made in the US has a LEAK. It is a Law Enforcement Access Key that intelligence agencies keep. If you want encryption without the LEAK you have to write it yourself or use encryption that a private concern wrote.
False. I've never seen any evidence suggesting US police have any master encryption keys. However, the Canadian government is known to have a master key for Blackberry devices.
Source: www.theverge.com...

I assure you the intelligence community does. It isn't given to police. It is just what it is called.

One example is the National Security Agency’s (NSA) surreptitious efforts to manipulate certain cryptographic standards, introduce backdoors in U.S. products, and hide security vulnerabilities it has discovered in commercial systems so that the government could exploit those weaknesses.5

These types of secretive actions have weakened data security for both U.S. firms and consumers and left the security products they use susceptible to attacks. The U.S. government’s surveillance efforts have also sowed the seeds of distrust around the world, damaging U.S. IT competitiveness.6

5. Larry Greenemeier, “NSA Efforts to Evade Encryption Technology Damaged U.S. Cryptography Standard;” Joseph Menn, “NSA says how often, not when, it discloses software flaws,” Reuters, March 30, 2015.

6. Daniel Castro and Alan McQuinn, “Beyond the USA Freedom Act: How U.S. Surveillance Still Subverts U.S. Competitiveness,” Information Technology and Innovation Foundation, June 2015.

Congress should bar the NSA from intentionally weakening encryption standards and strengthen transparency in those processes.

Congress should pass legislation banning all government efforts to install encryption backdoors or require companies to alter the design of the systems they sell to allow government access, preempting states’ actions on these issues.

PDF Source

BTW, the clipper chips have been in use for a few decades. The 1990's information when congress was discussing funding for clipper chips was done to fund another program. Don't believe everything you have public access to.

edit on 21/11/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I knew there was something up with Wikileaks.

Their FB page started posting clearly biased headlines and almost non-newsworthy links, such a skewed projection from what they normally post. A heap of people who questioned whether Julian was okay were ignored by Mods.

There was a False Flag Wikileaks FB group called "WikileaksForums.org" that was clearly a misdirection before the election. It would only post crappy anti-Trump memes in a bid to fool people and the mods of the page would swear at and block anyone who questioned the pages validity. What's better than

Their comments section was full of shills/fake accounts declaring "this is just a mouthpiece for Trump." "I'm giving up on Wikileaks". etc

Every time someone posts a #pizzagate thread on reddit or twitter it's scrubbed - there must be truth to the evidence if they're trying so hard to shut it down.

very interesting development.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Interesting find apparently up until recently searching "soros" in the Podesta emails came back with nothing until one redditor accidentally searched for .oros and found the emails. He brought it up with the wikileaks subreddit who "had no idea" and were looking into it.

Just checked Wikileaks and the soros search term/index is now fixed.

I posted this 9 days ago and asked Wikileaks for help to explain why I found this by accident because it was indexed .oros but the actual email should Soros. They said they would check into it but I never heard back. So if someone was looking for Soros it would not pull up. This was from Hillary's state dept emails. May be totally unrelated to indexing issue but wanted to bring it up

Cred to GodSaveRCountry on reddit

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Trying to investigate this fresh avenue of terrifying possibilities.

There is a SS of a series of posts from someone who claims Wikileaks has been compromised. Direct link to image.

In the image he states he and 14 others at Wikileaks were raided at the same time Assange's internet was cut at the Ecuadorian embassy. He was given a security gag order and his equipment was seized involving the CIA and GHCQ. He claims there is "an incredible charade to keep up the appearance that Julian is fine."

It's quite the scary read and the author says he is in danger, under a gag order and is trying to warn others. When confronted about him not using Tor, he responds that the exit nodes are compromised there as well and owned by intelligence agencies.

Reddit has it's own thread regarding the possibility of Wikileaks being compromised and none of this looks good so far.

There is considerable reference claiming of evidence for child exploitation by the Clinton Foundation, the drug market being controlled by intelligence agencies to fund black projects and the pedophile ring surrounding

If this is true, this is a gigantically bad situation and needs more attention.

I don't know what to think about this, but it scares the sh*t out of me. It wouldn't surprise me.

I have a real question though, who here still thinks we stand a chance through normal means if ALL of what we suspect about the powers that be is true?

I have friends that keep advising me to get into electoral politics to change things, etc. I've told them that I think the system won't allow serious change makers and is very corrupt.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've had no luck finding anything new on this today. Definitely think things aren't as they should be with the casual tone of Wikileaks being at the top of the list of my suspicion, and of course, that's nothing to go on. Can't shake the feeling that this is a big issue though.

@Kalixi: Those are good finds. The more I've read up on this, the more I see others noting a change in the Wikileaks tone, so I know it's not just me. Also, I've read additional posts from people having "issues" similar to the Soros one while looking things up on the emails.

Will keep looking.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If the intelligence agencies and US government in general wanted to bad enough they could easily get the Ecuadorian government to play ball. It is a matter of large amounts of cash and favors and they would work with the US. That is the problem faced by Asange and Wikileaks in general.

The other issue about TOR being compromised is absolutely believable. Does anyone remember when the FBI replaced DNS servers for a period of time over Russian hacking? It would not take many resources to put servers out there. If they wanted to track down server locations and anyone that physically accesses them they could do it.

However as someone mentioned above, the government created TOR. If you have read capabilities of the NSA then you should know that they had absolute control of TOR before it was ever released. The NSA and other agencies have been putting their own chips on any communications circuit boards since they started making them in the US. China has done the same with boards they manufacture. Something that people don't realize is they also operate systems on a 30 bit structure that civilian systems won't even be able to communicate on. Also, all commercial encryption software made in the US has a LEAK. It is a Law Enforcement Access Key that intelligence agencies keep. If you want encryption without the LEAK you have to write it yourself or use encryption that a private concern wrote.

It would not surprise me in the least that the intelligence agencies have been monitoring everything going on. They normally let the activity go on because moving against it would alert all of their potential targets that the system is compromised. TOR is used by field agents.

It's not just money and favors for Ecuador. The US has a long history of overthrowing governments in Latin America. I'd be rightfully terrified if I was Ecuador.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Update:

@WLTaskForce twitter handle has responded to calls for proof that Assange is alive:

Many ask for #ProofOfLife for #Assange. Thank you--but it is not possible to give strong meaningful proof (live internet video) presently.

They then say that the Ecuadorean Embassy blocks radio and cell phone signals so there's no way to show Assange is still alive

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What's up with Snowden? Anyone heard much out of him lately? I have a feeling he has to stay quiet, considering who his gracious hosts are.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Ok -First off, Milo Yiannopoulos*, a reporter whom I've gained a lot of respect for as of late through this election has made a video on the topic of Wikileaks, showing an interesting timeline regarding this:

This vid is also on Milo's Facebook account should anyone wonder of it's authenticity.

Then we have some footage of the recent "interview" with Assange and Pilger that I believed aired Nov. 5th. Some say it's CGI, some say it's simple editing, some say it's nothing.

I found that video earlier, but didn't think anything much of it until I saw these recent techs coupled in with the playlist:
First, there's this amazing program called Face2Face that could be used for a lot of great things. However, as with most tech, there's potential for bad use as well.

And for the sound aspect, a new vocal app from Adobe called Adobe Voco (keep in mind, in this example they just do a quick job of it whereas with more careful editing they could do a LOT more) :

Regardless of whether this increasingly distressing situation turns out badly or not, this tech alone has introduced a brand new facet to how we're going to have to judge video now and in the future. It's pretty common knowledge that government tech is more advanced than what we see at the consumer levels, often FAR advanced.

There's a whole new level of possible hoaxing and media manipulation now which will foster even more skepticism.

On the topic of Assange, I'm not sure we'll even find out.

*note to anyone suspect of a report coming from a Brietbart reporter: I am not a big "alt-right" supporter(Libertarian here!) and feel that all information must be considered during these critical times. There's more to the story than just red or blue and this topic definitely concerns everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: justneo
... but tor has been compromised for a while now.

Based on...?

Based on the fact that ToR was developed by the Navy for starters. Also about a year ago they finished and used hacks that they were able to embed into the browser that lead to pin point locations of servers and arrest coupled with it, they made a big pooha about it in the news. Also at some point the default installation all of a sudden had Java enabled (not mentioned in any patch notes) which right of the bat leaks the IP and other things for anyone that uses it. On top of that way to many exit nodes are owned by agencies.

ToR is not safe in anyway and it never has been. "The freenet project" is a way safer , granted yo dont give out information yourself that you should not.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: justneo

You don't need a backdoor for tor lol.
You just need to be an entry node as well as an exit node then you can decrypt all traffic passing through your nodes - or so I have heard.

TOR has never been 'secure'' in the true sense. I've just never been able to discern why law enforcement agencies around the world don't catch more evil people using TOR, it's all there for the taking?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

You just need to be an entry node as well as an exit node then you can decrypt all traffic passing through your nodes - or so I have heard.

TOR has never been 'secure'' in the true sense. I've just never been able to discern why law enforcement agencies around the world don't catch more evil people using TOR, it's all there for the taking?

No, the exit node weakness is situational and only present if you "exit" ToR. Meaning that if you use ToR to go to the regular (open) web only. If you log onto tor and upload files or do w/e it can never be picked up by any exit node since one is never used. You can however still share any information/create your own tor page/host your own tor server even within the ToR network without even using a exit node.

To make it a bit simpler maybe, you can start up tor and use it which means you are at that point within the ToR network, you can browse ToR sites. ATS is not reachable in that manner but you can still visit ATS but at that point a so called "Exit" node has to and will be used.

Edit: being a entry node means you are 1 in a big hive passing on bits and pieces, aka de-centralized data. Being a exit node does not mean you can decrypt any data but you will be able to see IP information, this is the danger and the power of a exit node. To see IP info from users within ToR (that are/did not use a exit node) There are other methods BUT they do heavily rely on a lack of knowledge on the end users part, usually but only if you have no access to a backdoor, which most certainly exists (several even) given who the creator of ToR is.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 22 Nov 2016 06:54:02 -060016201611America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Thank you for enlightening me

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Whoa! That post needs its own thread.. I just watched the original on RT's YouTube channel and those glitches are there!

What I find puzzling is why would Russia be complicit in his apprehension/disposal? There's no reason for them to want him silenced; or not like the U.S.. He was acting is Russia's best interest by hurting Hillary's chances at the White House.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Same as why they didn't intercept all nazi ships after they broke the enigma code. Focus on a few cases, and the worst. Don't compromise your cover, that you got a trojan in the hearth of your enemy's operations

edit on 22-11-2016 by Frostmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: everyone

Thank you for enlightening me

I am glad i could shed some more light on it

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You are basing this on an anonymous post from "funnyjunk.com"????????????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join